Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "FunkyReapa" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 1:22pm

The mysterious armor of the Vodnik

Alright, can someone explain to me what the deal with the Vodnik/HMMWV is?
Is it supposed to be pulletproof or something? BEcause yesterday i was driving with a budy of mine and we both got blown out of the HMMWV with a M320 BUCKSHOT(!) with one shot from 10 meters and without the vehicle beeing disabled.
If i try to shoot at the spots from here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://symthic.com/?s=bf3&sb=vehicles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://symthic.com/?s=bf3&sb=vehicles</a><!-- m -->
nothing happens to the gunner. So please guys, tell me everything you know about this wizardry.
How to kill the Vodnik/how to survive in a Vodnik.

Date of registration
: Feb 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 2:14pm

Re: The mysterious armor of the Vodnik

Quoted from ""FunkyReapa""

If i try to shoot at the spots from here: http://symthic.com/?s=bf3&sb=vehicles nothing happens to the gunner.

I also have tried that and it didn't seem to be effective, but that information has been on that page for a while.

It must of just been a damn lucky shot, because I've also been killed out of an attack chopper by a Stinger/IGLA while the gunner and chopper stay perfectly fine.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 2:15pm

Gunners are pretty much invulnerable in these cars against regular bullets, never had a chance to test firing explosives against those special vodnik spots though...

Just one guess at how the M320 buck killed you: There is a bug when placing a regular M320 underslung on the AEK, changing it's name to M320 buck, even though it isn't.. Might be what really killed you both...

The usual and most reliable way to get rid of the jeeps is just to blow them up with explosives since regular bullets have no effect on the gunners

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

• "FunkyReapa" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 2:30pm

Hmm, i'm pretty sure he used a rail so we probably got tubed.
Still i have been shot out of these things with LMGS quite often. I thought that maybe the heavy-lmgs can shoot you out since i never got shot out by an assault rifle. But these things suprise me all the time so maybe it was just a bug.

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 2:58pm

Its a bug when it says its a 320 BUCK.

I find it more disturbing that a Vodnik can survive 3 direct RPG's to the sides and still be alive.
&quot;I can imagine a perfect world. A word without violence. Without armies. Without war.
And I can imagine us attacking that world because they would never expect it.&quot;

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 3:43pm

Once I managed to kill Vodnik gunner by using frag rounds from MK3A1

Ist magazine blowed out back door and than I just shoot him to the legs :)

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 5:22pm

Explosives of any kind can damage the gunner by hitting those magic spots in the thread linked to above. Also, explosives can remove the doors on the back of the vodnik and the sides of the Humvee. Once they have been blown off, the people inside can be killed by any projectile.
PS3/4 Support player Need Ammo?

B log: Progression - Sgt_Shasta - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

Date of registration
: Feb 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 8:20pm

Quoted from ""9C1""

Explosives of any kind can damage the gunner by hitting those magic spots in the thread linked to above. Also, explosives can remove the doors on the back of the vodnik and the sides of the Humvee. Once they have been blown off, the people inside can be killed by any projectile.

Grenades often work for this if they're placed well enough. I know the gunner in the humvee sits in the rear-left seat, not sure about the vodnik

Witchalok

Grounded in reality

(301)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 9:31am

Yeah, not sure about the Vodnik, but if you want to take out a Humvee quickly, just RPG/M320 the read doors, and once they are blown off, just shoot with with your main gun + pistol.
From what's been said above, I assume you need to target the doors in the back (thus it's harder to take down than the Humvee which has two side exposed).

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 10:26am

I think it has something to do with the blast radius, but I'm no expert. But I've managed to kill the gunner with frag rounds for underbarrel.

I'm coming for your tags. You have been warned.
Ranking Score -- Top 1%
Dogtags -- Top 1%
Knife kills -- Top 3%
BF3 Stats