Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Verjigorm" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 6:43am

Hardcore or Normal?

Simple poll. I'm very much a fan of hardcore, for a variety of reasons:
1) No mini-map training wheels. You can't just put on a suppressor and run around, you actually have to hide and use stealthy tactics, such as sneaking up in crouch or prone, using fire discipline, etc.
2) No third-person vehicle view. I've never liked the situational awarness advantage third person gives to tanks, especially in close up encounters.
3) Less health, no regeneration of health. I feel this makes the game more lethal, while also rewarding tactical play, and punishing bad play. It also makes medkits essential for staying alive over prolonged periods.

I think this is most likely a matter of preference, and I don't think you should have to play HC, but I don't like normal mode.

anyway, whattaya think?

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 8:25am

Re: Hardcore or Normal?

I prefer Hardcore. Although it still isn't perfect imo.

Personally, I dislike how the mini map is always up and how it still auto spots enemies when they fire their (unsuppressed) weapon. There is too much shit dice has added in to hold the player's hand. The reason i play hardcore was to get away from all of that, like 3D spotting. The fact that they left the mini map and this sound spotting feature in HC but took out your magazine count and fire selector annoys me. BC2's hardcore HUD was perfect.

I would also like if HC had a 1 shot HS kill no matter what gun. You're getting shot in the head, pretty sure that's a hard one to walk away from.

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 9:34am

In BC2 I always played hardcore, but in BF3 I tend to stick to normal. I think its because the TTK is much lower in BF3 as compared to BC2. Then again, I haven't given hardcore much of a shot in BF3. I think I'm going to try some hardcore right now actually, lol.

I'm coming for your tags. You have been warned.
Ranking Score -- Top 1%
Dogtags -- Top 1%
Knife kills -- Top 3%
BF3 Stats

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 9:41am

Hardcore has a lot of things I love (no stupid regens, squad leader spawn only, no killcams), but because of 60% health I play normal and haven't even bothered trying HC.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 9:43am

Quoted from ""Juliet""

Hardcore has a lot of things I love (no stupid regens, squad leader spawn only, no killcams), but because of 60% health I play normal and haven't even bothered trying HC.

Know what's weird? It seems that, atleast on PS3, there are hardcore games that HAVE killcams. Everything else about it is hardcore, but it has those silly kill cams, and I hate it. It doesn't matter too much when you're running around and stuff, but on an objective, it can really cramp my style... :/

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 9:48am

Had this thread a while ago where I didn't really care about the difference..

I pretty much like everything about hardcore except... Teamkilling... I'm getting pretty fed up with people not checking their targets just blasting away. A lot of the deaths are extremely obvious even.. Standing in the middle of nowhere with no enemies in sight, random guy just mows me down going "oops" thinking I was an enemy, even though he had plenty of time to notice that I'm definitely friendly.

I have like less than 20 teamkills total, almost all of them coming from stupid teammates running into my fire. Even though I've played *a lot* of hardcore. It's really not that hard to not kill your own team.

Plus there's the ones who deliberately teamkill just to get "their" vehicle... Especially stupid are the ones who teamkill you - sitting in the chopper gunner seat - because they want to fly -.-

They should definitely add reflective fire or at least shared damage, or like many servers already have, a system with forgive/punish. Though even that gets abused sometimes... I'd kinda just want team damage to be turned off on hardcore, so many people just can't handle it. Every time you play hardcore you constantly see "xxx got teamkilled by yyy" in the chat, often so much that it drowns away the important messages..

The other thing is the disabled HUD... Seriously, I need to see what firing mode I'm on or how much ammo I have left.. That's just stupid.

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 9:55am

Quoted from ""Aenonar""

Had this thread a while ago where I didn't really care about the difference..

I pretty much like everything about hardcore except... Teamkilling... I'm getting pretty fed up with people not checking their targets just blasting away. A lot of the deaths are extremely obvious even.. Standing in the middle of nowhere with no enemies in sight, random guy just mows me down going "oops" thinking I was an enemy, even though he had plenty of time to notice that I'm definitely friendly.

I have like less than 20 teamkills total, almost all of them coming from stupid teammates running into my fire. Even though I've played *a lot* of hardcore. It's really not that hard to not kill your own team.

Plus there's the ones who deliberately teamkill just to get "their" vehicle... Especially stupid are the ones who teamkill you - sitting in the chopper gunner seat - because they want to fly -.-

They should definitely add reflective fire or at least shared damage, or like many servers already have, a system with forgive/punish. Though even that gets abused sometimes... I'd kinda just want team damage to be turned off on hardcore, so many people just can't handle it. Every time you play hardcore you constantly see "xxx got teamkilled by yyy" in the chat, often so much that it drowns away the important messages..

The other thing is the disabled HUD... Seriously, I need to see what firing mode I'm on or how much ammo I have left.. That's just stupid.

1) on team kills: Sometimes, I'm clearing a room or objective, and one of my team mates runs up suddenly, and I shoot him in the face. I feel so terrible when I do that. But one thing that does annoy me is when an enemy is visible, but a friendly is on the other side of the map, and his(the friendlies) icon manages to synch up with the enemy, and I don't shoot the enemy, because I think it's a team mate.

2) On ammo counts: I can understand the idea of not giving away how much ammo is in your magazine, but I don't understand why your soldiers doesn't know where is fire selector switch is(on an AKM, atleast, it's REAL easy to tell if you've got your rifle set to safe, FA or Burst), or why he doesn't know how many magazines or rockets he has.

Date of registration
: Dec 29th 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 11:14am

I do not like Hardcore because:

1. Teamkilling - I die a lot... because of my team, my teammates kill me in a chopper, in a jet, on the way to tank, on the way to Tunguska or LAV. They just love to kill people on spawn in their base and to test RPG on vehicles going out of my base.

2. BF3 is not balanced in hardcore, some guns are pure win in HC mode (there is no point in M39. Dragunov, MK11, SKS beats them all). This mode is pray and spray mode or snipers paradise... DiCe just cut HP to 60 and left everything basically the same, IMO this is not the way.

3. I don't like that I usually die too fast to realize what happened, but what the hell this is not real world where I would be dead by one bullet in my leg or arm. This is not real life simulator.

4. I don't like jets in hardcore. Without spotting you can't engage anything on the ground. You are practically blind.

5. And last but not least - Xiong Mao.

Sorry folks I was really drunk while posting this...

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 2:25pm

In bfbc2 I played hardcore all the time, but in bf3 I'm playing normal. Main reason is that my clan is mostly playing normal so that's what I play, and I'm used to it now. I don't want to bounce back and forth so I just stay normal.

I do like a lot of things in hardcore, but the deliberate teamkilling is a real issue to me. I just don't want to deal with that, and IMO it's more than a minor annoyance. Other than that, given my druthers I'd probably go hc.
Swyck

InternationalGamer

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 4:27pm

I would actually prefer hardcore because it feels better when playing, like you said, no 3rd person view in the vehicles, m?uch more intense dogfighting, no health regeneration and some other advantages, but some stuff in it ruins it.

Firstly, butt hurt team killers, if they can't get to the jet first, they'll probably kill you. It's the case in nearly all matches for me. Not only that, they will even damage your tank if you got into it first (since they can't directly kill you)

Another reason is, I don't have a good idea of my health! I might be low as 30% of health... but my screen looks just fine, there is no health bar on the right (But there is a HUD) I can understand removing a health bar, but at least give me a physical indication on the screen, like some blood. I only get proper indication of my low health at when I am at the lowest, like 1%. This is still not that big of a deal compared to my first mentioned issue

Other then these two issues, there isn't a problem with hardcore, but the first mentioned issue ruins the hardcore mode and to bad you can't 'fix' the community.

The type of gameplay in BF3 I would prefer is, keeping the health bar(or physical indication of health), friendly fire on, but no damage done to vehicles by friendly fire and pilots cannot be killed of their vehicles by friendly fire (to counter act butt hurt players that wouldn't get their desired vehicle) removing the HUD, at least not show the enemy on the HUD and no third person view of vehicles, maybe with the exception of the small jeeps, they are vulnerable as it is.