Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

  • "Ecasx" started this thread

Posts: 364

Date of registration
: Feb 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

  • Send private message

1

Monday, March 5th 2012, 7:30pm

LMGs after the patch with their attachments

I just thought of this - what if, post-patch, you combine a foregrip on an LMG with a flash suppressor? Foregrip reduces 33% vertical recoil on all LMGs (don't know about M249) and the post-patch flash suppressor will reduce 20% vertical recoil. Combining these, that's a ridiculous 53% reduction! Rounding that to 50%, the M240, with its standard 0.7 vertical recoil, will have 0.35 with the mentioned attachments. That's only a little more than your average assault rifle, so the machine guns are surely benefiting hugely with the new patch?

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Posts: 9,755

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Location: 'Murrica

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

  • Send private message

2

Monday, March 5th 2012, 7:48pm

Re: LMGs after the patch with their attachments

M240B will be the way to go post-patch, or at least something to try.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing


I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies


Gaming Stuff


Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)


Posts: 843

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Platform: PC

Location: brookyln

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

  • Send private message

3

Monday, March 5th 2012, 7:56pm

Re: LMGs after the patch with their attachments

Quoted from ""Ecasx""

I just thought of this - what if, post-patch, you combine a foregrip on an LMG with a flash suppressor? Foregrip reduces 33% vertical recoil on all LMGs (don't know about M249) and the post-patch flash suppressor will reduce 20% vertical recoil. Combining these, that's a ridiculous 53% reduction! Rounding that to 50%, the M240, with its standard 0.7 vertical recoil, will have 0.35 with the mentioned attachments. That's only a little more than your average assault rifle, so the machine guns are surely benefiting hugely with the new patch?

what good is all that recoil reduction when your already inaccurate min ADS spread (.6) is made even more random by the foregrip? especially in light of the bipod buffs, i can't see myself touching the foregrip on belt-fed lmgs.

ps. the 240B is getting a considerably worse foregrip but a much better bipod.

Posts: 177

Date of registration
: Jan 19th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

  • Send private message

4

Monday, March 5th 2012, 7:57pm

Re: LMGs after the patch with their attachments

Well it may have much more manageable recoil, but its base ADS spread will be a whopping .72 with the foregrip. Its moving ADS spread will be an incredibly poor 1.8.

It could certainly be a strategy, but you'll be outshot by essentially anyone who can aim. Running an LMG like this will be truly spraying (albeit controllably) and preying that your spread patterns over their head.

Rizn-Nuke

first!!! denied...

(458)

Posts: 603

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Platform: PC

Location: Undisclosed but alive

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

  • Send private message

5

Monday, March 5th 2012, 8:00pm

Re: LMGs after the patch with their attachments

First off some maths:
1*0.66*0.8 = 0.528 which means the spread is reduced by 47.2% (but close enough)
if it's being calculated the way percentages are always calculated.

It's true that that means the recoil is pretty damn close to non-existant.
But keep in mind that ads-spread is increased by foregrip then.
So you will be able to aim perfectly at one spot but your bullets miss most of the time at more than medium distance anyway.

Bullets may have your name on them, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Quoted from "ViperFTW"

"Pff, c'mon. You know I'm like the crazy homeless man who lives in the postbox, everyone ignores me but I'M GONNA KEEP TALKING ABOUT SHIT ANYWAYS :DDD"


Spoiler Spoiler


"I don't think I've ever moved THAT fast xD. Next time a bear's chasing me say he'll hack my acount if he catches me xDD" -Vip3rFTW

I've sat and came up with 3 theories about your PC, Rizn.
1) Its constructed by Satan and every so often it'll crash to a Red Screen that just says "Another must fall", which is your queue to go out, find a virgin, kill her and pour the blood over the beating-heart-like processor within
2) Its powered by some secret military/alien tech.
3) (My sister's idea) Its powered by the core of the Earth and is, as a direct result, responsible for climate change. Your PC being able to run the BF4 beta without crashing/lagging will destroy humanity

Posts: 114

Date of registration
: Jan 16th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

  • Send private message

6

Monday, March 5th 2012, 9:11pm

Re: LMGs after the patch with their attachments

I'm mainly an M27 user (surprise) but have gone almost exclusive M240B over the past week. Now, I used it plenty before this week, but never could main it because I just can't deal with the recoil as I do a lot of "spraying". I will say, in it's current form, it can be downright TOWERING JUGGERNAUT MODE at medium to close range. I'm really excited about the damage buff and can't wait to see how well it works after that.
Also, I don't even use it with a foregrip. I actually find it to be a little more accurate when shoulder-fired with a bipod onboard. I dunno how, but it just feels more manageable to me.


P.S: I really hope they don't screw the MG36 too bad with that recoil nerf. That weapon is monster mode, too.

Posts: 70

Date of registration
: Feb 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Location: Germany

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

  • Send private message

7

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 2:31am

Re: LMGs after the patch with their attachments

Quoted from ""Ecasx""

Foregrip reduces 33% vertical recoil on all LMGs (don't know about M249) and the post-patch flash suppressor will reduce 20% vertical recoil. Combining these, that's a ridiculous 53% reduction!

the flash suppressor reduces vertical recoil, thats right. but the foregrip reduces horizontal recoil, not vertical. two different vectors... -8D-


Posts: 27

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

  • Send private message

8

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 3:41am

Re: LMGs after the patch with their attachments

My thoughts are that the V. Recoil multiplier from the flash suppressor and the foregrip probably add together and then that number is multiplied by the gun's V. Recoil. So, that'd be 49% less recoil for the m240b (20% decrease from flash suppressor, and 29% from the foregrip). Then, the m240b also gets 20% less H. Recoil from the foregrip. So, its stats with both attachments equipped would be .357 V. Recoil and .4 H. Recoil on each side.

However, the m240b's minimum spread would go from .6->.696, .4->.5, and .2->.3 while standing, crouched, and prone respectively. That's going to hurt at range.

So, I find this setup to not be worth it when I could go with the m60 w/ bipod and flash suppressor. Comparing the two setups:

m240b w/ foregrip and flash suppressor: .357 v-recoil, .4 h-recoil, .7/.5/.3 spread
m60 w/ bipod and flash suppressor: .45 v-recoil, .2 h-recoil, .6/.4/.2 spread

We're talking about a little more v-recoil and 70 less RPM, in exchange for half the h-recoil (which is going to make recoil much easier to compensate for all around), noticeably less spread, and the ability to use the uber-buffed LMG bipod whenever I want to.

  • "Ecasx" started this thread

Posts: 364

Date of registration
: Feb 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

  • Send private message

9

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 8:59pm

Re: LMGs after the patch with their attachments

As far as I know, right now the foregrip does not affect the spread of any gun, but post-patch it will increase min. spread ADS and decrease max. spread ADS on amounts varying per weapon. A lot of you guys seem to know the exact values that the foregrip, postpatch, will increase the ADS spread of the M240. How is that so? Or is there something I don't know, where the foregrip already increases ADS spread right now...

Quoted from ""Phil_1337""

Quoted from ""Ecasx""

Foregrip reduces 33% vertical recoil on all LMGs (don't know about M249) and the post-patch flash suppressor will reduce 20% vertical recoil. Combining these, that's a ridiculous 53% reduction!

the flash suppressor reduces vertical recoil, thats right. but the foregrip reduces horizontal recoil, not vertical. two different vectors... -8D-


No, on LMGs the foregrip also reduces vertical recoil. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://symthic.com/?s=bf3&sb=attach" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://symthic.com/?s=bf3&sb=attach</a><!-- m -->

Posts: 843

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Platform: PC

Location: brookyln

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

  • Send private message

10

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 9:20pm

Re: LMGs after the patch with their attachments

Quoted from ""Ecasx""

As far as I know, right now the foregrip does not affect the spread of any gun, but post-patch it will increase min. spread ADS and decrease max. spread ADS on amounts varying per weapon. A lot of you guys seem to know the exact values that the foregrip, postpatch, will increase the ADS spread of the M240. How is that so? Or is there something I don't know, where the foregrip already increases ADS spread right now...

correct, the foregrip doesn't currently affect the spread of any gun.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://symthic.com/f/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=471" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=471</a><!-- l -->
^ first page of this thread contains some of the proposed patch changes, and links are provided to more detailed numbers for the attachments. here's the proposed patch foregrip numbers link: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://symthic.com/sivut/data/?fi=root/Misc/Foregrip_uupdc_26Feb2012.sym&p=root/Misc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://symthic.com/sivut/data/?fi=root/ ... =root/Misc</a><!-- m -->