Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "nick" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, December 9th 2011, 6:16am

Grenade Launcher - Underslung or not?

hey guys i would like to know if someone could tell me the difference between underslung launcher or solo.

is it just style -8D- or are there any pro/cons?

greetings

ps. this website is a great job `''

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 9th 2011, 8:08am

Re: Grenade Launcher - Underslung or not?

You can switch to and from a grenade launcher, or the MAS for that matter, much faster when it is underslung.

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, December 9th 2011, 12:11pm

The question is, is it worth losing the fore grip. I use under barrel on my M416 because it has low horizontal recoil, but i would never use it on an AEK-971 for example.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, December 9th 2011, 1:28pm

The real question is: how MUCH faster.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 9th 2011, 1:34pm

Exactly.. how much faster? I got curious and did some testing, and the strange thing is that there seems to be no difference... I am not sure about this. I will upload a video.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 9th 2011, 6:50pm

Okej.. Her is my final testing.. check it out and discuss -:>-

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZTUfkqc058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZTUfkqc058</a><!-- m -->

Date of registration
: Nov 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, December 9th 2011, 8:39pm

Intriguing, I thought they'd be different. Did you run the test more than once? (You have to run it more than once and on different guns.)

For me I NEVER use it stand alone. To me it seems greedy having a foregrip and a standalone attachment (like all you care about is kills/kdr), BF3 is a team game after all (unless you play TDM regularly in which case you might as well play COD). However I use an underbarrel probably 50-60% of the time.. so it really depends how you use it.

Typically for me if I ever use an underbarrel with a gun, I never use foregrip with that gun. That way I'm used to it either way. Most guns don't really need a foregrip anyways: M416, AK74(tho I use one to compensate for low rof), AN-94, M16.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 9th 2011, 9:01pm

Well... all the timestamps were taken directly from the video editing program. You can see the timecodes that i put in the video. so the accuracy is +-1 frame.

I was also using the underbarrel, because i thought it was faster and it looked cool :D
But now wee know its not.. So i see no reason why to use it. And the foregrip gives you always a bennefit on any weapon.. even the m416 feels better with the foregrip imo.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 10th 2011, 3:53pm

Regardless of whether or not your test is correct and there is no timing benefit, I thought of another one: when you mount a 320 or MAS you can "ADS" with your rifle and not have the horrible leaf sight obscure your view.

Also, it's fun counter-sniping with an ACOG and the MAS with frag rounds.
<edit>I hadn't thought of it until now, because I rarely use a rifle scope (mil-dot or pso), but you could also use one of those with the MAS if it's underslung.</edit>

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 2:09am

I like to use the M26 with my m16a4 that has a tactical light. Still blinds people when you whip out the shotgun, it's like carrying 2 weapons. It would be to cool if the laser sight would also benefit the accuracy of the M26..
On a side note, I "feel" like there is less vertical recoil with something attached under the barrel. Maybe I was just in the zone and shooting more accurately at range. Even if that isn't the case, shouldn't a heavy item underneath the barrel reduce the felt recoil?
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"