Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 5:47pm

Re: Some Recon Tips from an experienced player

Quoted from ""leroy_bishop""

A Mav is temporary gets shot down and in comPetitive play Is banned.

Hate to get into the middle of this, but why is MAV banned in competitive play? I can see if it's pistols only or something like that, but in general I'd think all tools available in game should be available for competitive use. Are others tools banned as well?

Just curious. Probably belongs in a different thread, and no I have not intention of taking part in competitive play.
Swyck

• "Ecasx" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 8:29pm

Quoted from ""greyf""

This shit saying "experienced" recon with 1300+ kills with S.R. ? Get lost n00b. On 300+ meters (true snipers works from far away) bipob is better than strait bolt. I have more than 10k kills with snipers and half of it headshots, and i say - you n00b.

Take your aggressive swearing elsewhere, moron, and think about what you just said. 'True snipers work from far away'. Is that why snipers in BF3 are stereotyped as being useless campers? Idiot. The most effective way to play recon is to work from med range, and to be precise, I'll say what the Aenoaer guy said; '100-200m'. Obviously if you're extremely good you can work with a bolt action closer than 100m as effectively as you would with an assault rifle, but generally, within 100m you're at a disadvantage, and further han 200m it's hard to get headshots on anything other than another useless, camping sniper. 'I have more than 10k kills with snipers and half of it headshots'. By saying you have 10k kills with snipers, you're obviously trying to show that you have experience and are somewhat good. But dude, half of them are headshots? You serious? I have an 80-85% kill/headshot rate with my bolt actions, so suck on that. Imbecile... can you tell me how many kills you get per game if you're 300m away from the objective? And don't argue back saying kills aren't everything. Of course they aren't. But they are a major help to your team, in fact so big a help that no matter how much you 'spot' from that range it's still more beneficial to actually KILL. If I were to be in a game with you, and someone spotted you, the next time I died I would get my M98 and kill you instantly. You'll probably be staying still anyway - sitting duck.

P.S. I have 1.4k kills with S.Rs. Link your battlelog profile and let me see how bad your accuracy is compared to mine.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 8:31pm

Quoted from ""Verjigorm""

It does suck that if you spend the match using your MAV to spot for the team, that you get almost no points, though. I've done that quite a few times, and while it feels great to know that your team is winning because you are showing them where everything is, it sucks hard to end the match with 300 or so points, because you were a team player. Then you get that d-bag who tells you to "do something other than camp".... Morons.

Yes, in my opinion spotting should give at least 20-25 points. 10 is useless, and in urban maps especially it's a big help because you see them on the minimap.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 8:38pm

Quoted from ""leroy_bishop""

Try to be oPen minded about the matter my own imPact maybe less than what I'd have done invidiually as a engie but my impact in helping others far out does what I could do disabling. You obviOusly have nO idea about verbal cOmms for 1 and 2 don't understand that at the ranges at which I'm spotting there is no scoPe glare unless your already asded with a 12x scope on my locatiOn. A Mav is temporary gets shot down and in comPetitive play Is banned. Please stop acting all holier than thou just because my opinion doesn't match your opinion or your style of public server play doesn't mean you have to take a personal hit to your ego and speak in a condescending tone.

I can bet you all my money that no team/clan that's very successful gives a role like that to any of its players. 'at the ranges at which I'm spotting there is no scope glare unless your already asded with a 12x scope on my location'. (let me remind you that this point was about the sniper taking pot shots, where I said I'd get up and suppress you to advance.) A sniper taking pot shots from the ranges you speak of will not bother me at all as the player being suppressed. I will merely laugh and get on with my job as if you aren't there.

Didn't really understand your last sentence. I've not intentionally tried to act 'holy' or 'take a personal hit to my ego' and I accept that your opinion is different.