Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 3:57pm

You mean BF3 & 4 or bc2 too? I thought bc2 had quite good color palettes...
3 and 4 my dear. However, BC2 was a bit too bloomy.

Date of registration
: Jun 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 4:03pm

Paracel island varies a lot however. It's apropriate that it's all blue and gloomy when the storm rolls in.

Mofixil

(377)

Date of registration

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 4:30pm

Paracel island varies a lot however. It's apropriate that it's all blue and gloomy when the storm rolls in.
Apparently latest BFs are in Spongebob's universe, under water. That would explain a lot, like blue tint, jello water and this.
Don't stop hatin' (beta my ass, BF3 is still at beta stage).

Anyway, gloomy palette might be good for stormy weather but not for a midday, and I'm pretty sure storm is going to be blue while default pallete is almost grayscale.

• "Spectre" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 4:35pm

Yeah except the fucking sun still visible with a big black angry cloud covering it.

We're drifting off topic, since i dont except anyone to come up with a technical answer, mods might as well lock it.

EDIT: @Mofixill lol
Clean signature best signature

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Spectre" (Sep 7th 2013, 4:47pm)

Mofixil

(377)

Date of registration

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 4:41pm

Yeah except the fucking sun still visible with a big black angry cloud covering it.
That's because sun is below the clouds.

timminatorr

Dutch masterrace

(490)

Date of registration
: Mar 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 4:55pm

Jeez, if some of the guys in this thread are as critical about the looks of bf3 and 4 as they are about women......
Do you still criticize beautifull women becouse of that one mole @mofixil ? Or becouse her hair is too short? Or becouse she has hair where you dont like it?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 5:11pm

Apparently latest BFs are in Spongebob's universe, under water. That would explain a lot, like blue tint, jello water and this.
Don't stop hatin' (beta my ass, BF3 is still at beta stage).

Anyway, gloomy palette might be good for stormy weather but not for a midday, and I'm pretty sure storm is going to be blue while default pallete is almost grayscale.
Jeez, if some of the guys in this thread are as critical about the looks of bf3 and 4 as they are about women......
Do you still criticize beautifull women becouse of that one mole @mofixil ? Or becouse her hair is too short? Or becouse she has hair where you dont like it?
Personally i wouldn't, but, you know... It's not a problem of beauty, at least to me; The sun is annoying, it hurt my eyes back in bf3 and will probably do the same thing in bf4. Don't get me wrong, Paracel looks gorgeous as a whole, feels like a tropical island, but there are some things that really seem out of place. The sun being one, and the fact that the storm cloud is as big as the playable map itself, having white clouds and shiny blue sky just outside.

Date of registration
: Jun 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 5:14pm

If you've taken the care to look at bf4 gameplay you'll notice the sun isn't as godawfully annoying as in bf3.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 5:29pm

Depends on game engine. If server recieves data that tells when mouse button was pressed down and when released (the most common way, could be pooled for down/up too), then frame rate doesn't affect the "real" RoF. However if server only recieves info when a shot happens, then client side performance affects it, but even then it (again) depends on implementation: If game handles all events/inputs/reactions in one big update loop and draws image after that then yes, framerate affects RoF. However game could have seperate thread for handling some certain 'little' things like receiving/sending network packets and such which could send data about a shot being fired even tho it's not fired yet in the frame.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 5:37pm

Depends on game engine. If server recieves data that tells when mouse button was pressed down and when released (the most common way, could be pooled for down/up too), then frame rate doesn't affect the "real" RoF. However if server only recieves info when a shot happens, then client side performance affects it, but even then it (again) depends on implementation: If game handles all events/inputs/reactions in one big update loop and draws image after that then yes, framerate affects RoF. However game could have seperate thread for handling some certain 'little' things like receiving/sending network packets and such which could send data about a shot being fired even tho it's not fired yet in the frame.
Very interesting, thank you very much for your response.