Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 11:36pm

Welp, you can't really correlate both measures since one is linear while the other is angular

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 11:55pm

Yes. What is wrong with subpixel movement anyway?

FPS doesn't influence sensitivity.

Once the game gets a "count" from the mouse driver, the camera will be reangled. Sensitivity sets how big this angle is. There is nothing special to it.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 10:35am

@tehmoriz
My vFOV is setted on 110, what hFOV does that represent ? (I'm terribad at trigo ...)

My screen resolution is 1920x1080, on a 21.5" widescreen, and my eyes are roughly at 50cm away from the screen.
EDIT: Googled it, and if I'm not wrong that would represent 137 degrees.
It felt weird to play like this after a 4 months hiatus but now it feels perfectly fine.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 10:55am

Yes. What is wrong with subpixel movement anyway?

FPS doesn't influence sensitivity.

Once the game gets a "count" from the mouse driver, the camera will be reangled. Sensitivity sets how big this angle is. There is nothing special to it.

If default sensitivity is something like 0.5 for default, then it most likely is simple

Source code

mouse_delta_x * sensitivity
and same with y. I am not quite sure but if you use mouse input coming from Windows this is how many "pixels" your invisible cursor moves on screen while as raw input is more precise floating point values, hence giving better accuracy especially on lower sensitivitys (not to mention zero outside effect on cursor movement).
If they don't have any fancy methods made by themselves in engine, then game moves look_at vector based on given values. Math behind that is something at least I can't do because some suggest one should use some kind of compelx numbers I haven't studied yet and simpler algorithms I find don't explain themselves ._.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 11:08am

If they don't have any fancy methods made by themselves in engine, then game moves look_at vector based on given values. Math behind that is something at least I can't do because some suggest one should use some kind of compelx numbers I haven't studied yet and simpler algorithms I find don't explain themselves

More info on this (like source code)? The game appears to simply transform mouse movements linearly to changes in the camera angle with sensitivity just being a constant multiplier in this transform. Or is it more complicated?

And re complex numbers, (almost) exclusively easy stuff: Complex number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :>
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 11:31am

If they don't have any fancy methods made by themselves in engine, then game moves look_at vector based on given values. Math behind that is something at least I can't do because some suggest one should use some kind of compelx numbers I haven't studied yet and simpler algorithms I find don't explain themselves

More info on this (like source code)? The game appears to simply transform mouse movements linearly to changes in the camera angle with sensitivity just being a constant multiplier in this transform. Or is it more complicated?

And re complex numbers, (almost) exclusively easy stuff: Complex number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :>

I am not even familiar with matrix stuff yet D: . These Quaternions are what I was looking for (forgot the name on that post).

I don't have source code for this and it's just a hunch, however D3D seems to offer similar lookat functions like in OpenGL so it's possible they're using this, but it could be possible they calculate matrix stuff themselves etc. No idea. I imagine it would be easier with just angles because then you could just add and substract mouse input (implying up-vector stays the same), but if you have this focalpoint vector you have to do all these fancy math stuffs like rotating in relative to certain axis etc.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Miffyli" (Aug 23rd 2013, 11:39am)

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 8:53pm

If you're so worried about tweaking for accuracy then you need to upgrade your mouse, first and foremost. The G500 has a lot of problems with precision.