Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "GTStangPirate" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 9:31am

Suppressor/Silencer Addicted?

So am I the only one that HAS to have a silencer on their weapons? For the life of me I just cant go with anything else. Take for example the AN-94 as it stands right now having a 100% accuracy with the heavy barrel but I don't really like to use it because I just NEED my silencer on everything! I hate showing up on the mini map.

I guess I don't really use it on the support class or recon when sniping but I only use support on a couple maps and I don't really snipe all that often. Assault and Engineer I don't have a gun in the slot without a suppressor on it.

Thoughts?

And also does anybody know if the M16 is still glitched and shows up on the mini map even when silenced? I was playing the other day and heard what sounded like suppressed shots but showed up on the mini map and im almost sure it was the M16

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 9:45am

Re: Suppressor/Silencer Addicted?

I use it on every weapon I have it unlocked for solely for its uses: recoil decrease, quiet, and does not appear on the minimap. I will very likely switch to flash suppressors on all of my guns when the patch is released. People may still use suppressors for stealth, but it will be detrimental to them in situations outside closer ranges, and that's something I won't tolerate in exchange for avoiding audio spotting.

I guess I'm not addicted to it, but I use it a lot as do most people for balancing the immense pros over the minor cons. Frankly, it seems as if the patch will turn the popularity of the flash suppressor into that of the pre-patched suppressor, ironically.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 10:11am

I agree, so many of my kills are from seeing people flash on the mini map and waiting for them to come to me or just hunt them down.
How the hell did I get a sniper as my top weapon?

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2011

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 1:58pm

Quoted from ""GTStangPirate""

I hate showing up on the mini map.

Same here. They are going to have to nerf the silencer way down before I'll stop using it.

The bug was fixed awhile back. I refused to use M16A3 before that.

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 2:20pm

I'm not the biggest fan, I mainly use suppressors when attacking on rush. Otherwise my foes are most welcome to 'hunt' me down. Oh and the AN-94 makes such a sweet sound that it's almost a crime to suppress the BANGBANGs.

By the way: I believe the term is always 'suppressor' and not 'silencer'. The weapon's blast-sound is not so much silenced as it is suppressed. But I'd like Sao's opinion on this subject, he ought to know for sure.
14:19 KingSix: when you are peeing too much Haemoglobin, THAT's a serious issue
14:20 KingSix: ..
14:20 ToTheSun: chat killed

Date of registration
: Feb 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 5:33pm

I'm not necessarily 'addicted', but like you I hate showing up on the minimap. Just imagine the countless situations that an enemy would've killed you if you didn't have a suppressor. I use it on every Assault Rifle and on every Carbine, but on the LMGs that grant 200 bullets with extended mags, I don't use it. However I do use it on the M27 IAR, the RPK, MG36 and QBB95 just because extended mags isn't as useful as it is on the other LMGs. And I don't use it on my snipers - the bullet drop becomes ridiculous.

I will, unlike a lot of other people, still be using it after the patch. As I recall, the only 'nerf' the suppressor is getting is an added -50% hip accuracy, and that certainly isn't enough to put me off the best attachment in the game.

Date of registration
: Feb 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 7:07pm

I've been addicted for years. I used to use them on most of the time on Call of Duty 4. On MW2 and BF3 I never take them off... and even on the rare occasion I'd play Black Ops or MW3 I'd have a suppressor on. I'm a sneaky guy and I'm prepared for my job.

If your like me you dread those games you'll have to use your desired weapon to unlock the silencer for it. It feels like withdrawal as you are not playing at full potential those slow (Possibly camped) games.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 7:08pm

i use the silencer everytime on the pistols(just to have a silenced gun,and the drop don't seem to change a lot) and sometime on pdw and sniper rifle to do a "kill,run & take" tactic.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 7:12pm

Too bad its not 100% stealthy. Skulls after dead team mates on the minimap kinda ruin the whole purpose of silencers.

Sao

(680)

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, February 27th 2012, 12:09am

A suppressor muffles the sound of the weapon. However depends on the quality and/or calibre of fired round.

When firering a FMJ from a rifle with a silencer you will annihilate said suppressor within a mag or so. And it would be pretty shit as your firering a supersonic round through an item which isnt designed for it.

However when using a 9mm cold loaded round with a high end silencer, the sound is massive quietened. So much so the movie sounds are correct!

So higher quaility round + HQ suppressor = epic-SEAL-like-ninja-Kills.

Oh and I rock HBar on almost everything. Just my 2 cents

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....