Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 13th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, February 27th 2012, 6:48pm

Re: Your Scout Helicopter tactics.

1 is your view center the other is the choppers cross hair. hit your free-look button look around to check which is which.

Date of registration
: Dec 31st 2011

Battlelog:

Date of registration
: Jan 29th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 7:23pm

I have a two man "tactic". It's morel like an exploitation, that's still in theory, I have yet to test it.

Basically, get two Engineers. You can roll one Assault (to throw a MedKit in the pilot seat), but two engineers is a more ideal situation.

Anyways both Engineers need, in terms of equipment and weapons; Carbine of choice, Javelin, and Repair Tool.

If you're rolling with one Assault and one Engineer, the Assault SHOULD roll with a MedKit. Raining M320s from above sounds good at first, until you run out of ammo. Unlimited health sounds better. Two Engineers is EVEN better.

In terms of Scout Heli Upgrades -

Engineer 1:

Heat Seekers, Flares, Laser Painter (I believe that combo is possible. The slots aren't memorized yet. I'm typing in class)

Engineer 2 (Or Assault):

Guided Missile, ECM Jammer, Laser Painter

You see why two Engineers is better, with both being equipped with a Laser Painters and Javs.

So basically, you'll do your regular flying tactics. Repairing each other and such. But I wonder....what if each time you guys got locked, the Player not currently piloting could switch to the seat, following the Pilot seat. So when the Pilot pops Flares, instead of reloading, you guys time a seat switch, so that the next Countermeasures are already available. I wonder if weapons wouldn't need to be reloaded either.

Another bonus would be that since the Laser Painter will be p almost all the time, the Engineering waitnig on the side can lock on with their Jav. You basically have a mobile, invincible gun ship.

I realllllllly want to try this out....
G3A3 or bust

Gunners and passengers are just for show.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 2:32pm

Quoted from ""SmoothHavok""

---

Some things I've noticed about vehicles, haven't really tested them out so might just be a temporary bug or whatever...

Vehicles might have internal magazines and cooldowns.. Once the driver jumped out of an IFV, then when I jumped in it had only 3 rounds left in the magazine.

And another time when the pilot got shot out in a chopper I took over and tried to flare, but nothing happened.. I know the pilot used flares right before he got hit, but not exactly sure how long before.

So.. the vehicles might have internal variables concerning ammo etc.. Would be nice to test out :>

If it is shared, it might only count flare / flare and not flare / ecm, so it might still work...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 4:04pm

One decent tactic is to have a pilot sporting laser painter and guided missile, and a passenger engineer with javelin. The pilot can tag and shoot a tank with the missile, disabling it, then turn to the side so that the passenger can finish it off with the javelin.

It can be helpful if the pilot is playing support so he can resupply the engineer.
bob

Date of registration
: Mar 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 12:38pm

Quoted from ""Spectacle""

One decent tactic is to have a pilot sporting laser painter and guided missile, and a passenger engineer with javelin. The pilot can tag and shoot a tank with the missile, disabling it, then turn to the side so that the passenger can finish it off with the javelin.

It can be helpful if the pilot is playing support so he can resupply the engineer.

have you ever tried this? my problem is that after you move with the chopper then laser lock will fade and "passenger" is not able to lock javelin on target :-(

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, March 2nd 2012, 8:40am

It doesn't matter, the javelin can still lock on to ground targets. You've just read it wrong. :)
"I can imagine a perfect world. A word without violence. Without armies. Without war.
And I can imagine us attacking that world because they would never expect it."