Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, February 27th 2012, 3:00pm

Re: Underused Weapons

Quoted from ""BlankInsanity""

The USAS-12 Noobgun, M98B PussyRifle and the AS VAL Camper Rifle are overused as FUCK, people seem to ignore the more challenging weapons and only use the CoD style pieces of shit...
I have a list5 of weapons I think should be used more (Feel free to add to it!)
G53 (PC HK53)
M1014
870MCS
Type 88
MP7
M39 EMR/MBR
SKS
QBU-88
KH2002

AS VAL overused? Post fail. Camper rifle? Not sure what you mean by that.

I rarely see the USAS on the air maps I play most often - Caspian, Firestorm and Kharg. Not overused there. I do have to admit a USAS user was tearing me apart on a Firestorm match yesterday, but It's rare.
Plenty of M98 in those maps but all the bolts get love with maybe the m40 least used.
MP7 seemed good in tight spaces, e.g. Bazaar or Metro, but I don't run there that often. Is it viable on the larger maps? I'm not really talking about shooting people at range, but just overall survivability. I have a hard time judging what is too far on most maps.
Just really started using the M39. Had a lot of fun with MK11 holo\supressor\grip. I'm running M39 with ACOG\grip leaving the suppressor off and liking it so far.
I used SKS a lot in my hardcore days with holo\suppressor\grip. Not so much in normal mode. Maybe if I take the suppressor off and just spam the trigger?
QBU seemed weird to use, but maybe I need to give it another chance.
KH is my #2 assault rifle, just behind the AEK. I switch them up depending on map and situation now.

People get used to a weapon and it's comforting to them and they can just go out and play. Nothing wrong with that IMO. I try new weapons and sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. I find myself going back to weapons and sometimes something just clicks for me. For example I was only OK with the M27, but I went back to it one game a couple of weeks ago, and it just seemed like a laser. Now it's my main weapon, though it hasn't topped my charts yet.

One problem is that with the PC, you can't edit your loadouts until you're in the game, which is a royal fail of a concept. I don't want to be browsing weapons and attachments while the game is on so I tend to go with what I have.

And btw you do sound a bit like a 7 year old COD lover. :)
Swyck

Date of registration
: Feb 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 7:46pm

I play mostly assault so my favorite weapons reflect this:
  • CQB: F2000 + RDS sight (902 kills)
  • Medium range: KH2002 + RDS sight (655 kills). Excellent accuracy and an ammo sipper.
  • Long range: AN-94 + 4x scope (50 kills, started using it very recently)

I've never used the MP7, based on this thread I'll give it a try instead of the AS VAL when I next need to put up a SOFLAM.

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 9:53pm

Quoted from ""T-BAG_Commando""

Quoted from ""Nick 30075""

Quoted from ""T-BAG_Commando""

I heard MP7 blows hard.

Blasphemy!

Sorry man. But they told me it blows hard.

It blew hard before it got buffed. Now it's getting buffed even more in the next patch -:D-
Progression - Digital_Veil_92 - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

Quoted from "xNikolai"

If you cant find pictures of it on google it doesnt exist.

Date of registration
: Feb 28th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 10:33pm

Quoted from ""elseagoat""

Doesn't it get boring just run and gunning and only caring about kills?

How are people entertained by this, its been over 10 years of that same old playstyle in video games and people still go "oh yea my favorite gun is (Insert obvious choice here that is everyones favorite gun because it has the best stats.)"

I mean seriously? Am I the only one that likes to use shotguns with slugs because it is a freaking rifle that shoots a large rock? Or how about frag rounds, those things are miniature grenades. I use them on semi autos despite how aweful they are.

I even put bipods on my LMGs so I can play the role properly, instead of foregripping it up and run and gunning like a bitch.

I lay C4 traps all over the damn place, bringing your favorite camping building to the ground when you return to it so you can bitch it up with the M98b.

I put C4 on cars, jets, helicopters. I even put it on an IFV and rammed another IFV with it today. Thats right, I use the C4 ON MY TANK to kill people instead of the tank itself.

I try to ram tanks with jets to blow them up.

I try to turn upside down in a jet to launch guided missiles at laser designated jets.

I turn enemy minefields into traps by putting C4 or claymores next to one of the mines.

I park helicopters in hidden areas and launch TV missiles at enemy aircraft.

I ram the shit out of helicopters if I get disabled in a jet just to feel like a kamikaze badass, not caring what the hell people say about my ace piloting skills.

I use scout helicopters to sneak into enemy deployments, loading their jets with C4 just so I can blow them up midair and watch them get mad about it, and feel like a total james bond about it.

I land my jets to repair.

I use rocket pods and the main gun on rush jets to try and strafe infantry despite never actually getting a kill from it, just because I want to pretend that my close air support plane is actually providing close air support.

I use transport helicopters to transport people, and when nobody is interested, I use it to land on top of enemy helicopters sending us into our fiery afterlives.

If I had to spend one more game playing like everyone else, using the obvious choice weapon for performance, run and gunning to try and get the best K/D I could, I would probably get so bored I would simultaneously piss and shit myself.

I don't understand how 95% of the gaming community thinks that way, and all they care about is which weapon has the lowest recoil, highest damage, ect. just so they can run around for some K/D number on the leaderboards that means jack shit? And then bitching and moaning about how overpowered something is when you die to it, JUST because it isn't a FAMAS, Pecheneg, or AEK so it must be illegitimate? Where are your imaginations people, how are you still entertained by that...

Watch out everyone, we got a badass over here.

Date of registration
: Jan 22nd 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 2:55am

I have been using the console versions of the G3 and the AN-94 just for you pc people those guns are terrible on console but I find that I do really well with both of them. I find that the Mass generally takes up most of my assault kills if I'm using it so I stick to the 320 buck. Which is basically a sniper rifle after patch I have easily killed people at and above 20 meters. And the regular 320 for maps like bazaar and seine. To be fair to the mass I have 400 kills or more so I think it's pretty boss. But I believe I already posted about the AS VAL not being what the original poster said. Camping umm no. I say this in the most respectful way possible that's bs I have never been killed by that gun and felt it was at all overpowered granted I've been killed by it only a handful of times. So that's my rant on these weapons

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, March 2nd 2012, 9:22am

Quoted from ""Orion""

@elseagoat: Like a twin brother I never had!
M1014 - Its actually VERY bad as it has a slow rate of fire and bigger spread than the 870. 870 is a oneshot, this is a two-shot. Not good enough.

Two shot? You must be shooting at a stationary target in the head, from the back.
With 1k+ with this weapon it's absurdly underpowered and this upcoming patch reducing the pellets is f*xing stupid.

Pardon my language but seriously ==

Top 0% for the M1014 apparently :D

C4 Mob Detonator

Quoted

16:21 Dice: Guys i got board and did some number crunhing
16:21 leroy_bishop: shoot dice, what do you have?
16:21 Dice: Guess what tthe top 30 posts hold in coust cout % wise?
16:22 leroy_bishop: eh?
16:22 J0hn: Dice> Guess what tthe top 30 posts hold in coust cout % wise?
16:22 Lt_Col_Jesus: Can you say that again?
16:22 J0hn: WUT
16:22 Lt_Col_Jesus: In english?
16:22 leroy_bishop: ENGRiSH PLOX
16:22 J0hn: LOOL
16:22 Dice: 0.84% of the registered users hold 46.45% of the posts
16:22 J0hn: THAT NEEDS TO BE IN SOMEONE'S SIGNATURE
16:22 leroy_bishop: xD

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, March 2nd 2012, 10:02am

I'm trying to get all the achievements for all weapons in Battlefield 3. If the gun doesn't have any attachments I try and get at least 1 service star for it. I think almost all the guns in Battlefield 3 are well balanced, even pre-patched.

I'm coming for your tags. You have been warned.
Ranking Score -- Top 1%
Dogtags -- Top 1%
Knife kills -- Top 3%
BF3 Stats

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, March 2nd 2012, 10:05am

Blasphemy![/quote]
Sorry man. But they told me it blows hard.[/quote]

It blew hard before it got buffed. Now it's getting buffed even more in the next patch -:D-[/quote]

Its getting buffed in some elements but nerfed in others to balance the gun and give it a slightly different feel.

I'm coming for your tags. You have been warned.
Ranking Score -- Top 1%
Dogtags -- Top 1%
Knife kills -- Top 3%
BF3 Stats

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, March 2nd 2012, 2:23pm

MP7 is great after buff, also with yet another buff incoming its closing on its beta performance.

On Normal mode now you will need 1 bullet less on most ranges.
On hardcore though it will remain roughly the same [so still viable weapon]

What I found underused is AN-94, KH-2002, Type 88, M60, Almost all carabines except A91/G36/M4A1

Also all shotguns with notable exception of USAS/ M870

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, March 2nd 2012, 5:33pm

[quote="pbVeteran"Type 88, M60, Almost all carabines except A91/G36/M4A1

Also all shotguns with notable exception of USAS/ M870[/quote]

^This. Though, to be honest, I don't like the M60 because it's crappy. Fires slower than the AN94 but takes the same amount of rounds to kill? Crappy. Plus it takes about a second and a half to get up to the hip from a straight run. Doesn't work for my playstyle.

Actually, none of the legit LMGs work for my playstyle, except the M249.

I rather like the QBZ95B, but it's just not good against most other weapons. I mean seriously, who's going to use that when a Famas kills you twice as fast? I'm quite surprised I have ANY stars with it.

G53 will probably be big after the next patch.

I see the DAO-12 A LOT. Saiga and M1014 are more rare. I prefer those, though--I only have more DAO kills because I got the Physical Warfare Pack and didn't get the Saiga or M1014 until later. And by then, I had fallen in love with the 870.

P90 is quite rare. I've only been killed with it by maybe five other people. I love the dern thing, though! I'm just forever alone... .
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS