Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 2:24am

Re: Underused Weapons

Woot for someone else ACTUALLY using the M26. It needs dog tags though.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 5:28am

lol I just noticed i am in the top 200 with the type 88, maybe I'll give it another chance after zee patch.

(Nailed m26 star + Grach Supp star)
now onto G17c Supp star, pretty much just handgun stars left, and the whole stinger/javlin stars would take me ages.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 1:02pm

I think you might find that players in here are very much weapon connoisseurs, and will love all these random guns. But I agree. I tend to get killed a lot by the same guns over and over (that obviously aren't on your list.)
Big fan of the M39 EMR and KH2002 myself! *kind of glad they aren't well used*
I played 3 years worth of MW, Black Ops and MW2 prior to coming back to BF. COD is a terrible bunch of people for the most part. BF has definitely proven to be a better class of gamer so far!

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 1:58pm

For my it would probably be any 'non-Western' firearm, except for the glorious AN-94 and occasionally the AEK-971. Shotgun-wise I only use the 870MCS, the others remain untouched.

Oh and the revolvers. I have nothing against revolvers, far from it, but they don't seem to work for me in BF3.
14:19 KingSix: when you are peeing too much Haemoglobin, THAT's a serious issue
14:20 KingSix: ..
14:20 ToTheSun: chat killed

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 3:59am

Quoted from ""Nick 30075""

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but how do you use this gun effectively? I have 3 service stars with the bloody thing, mostly as a CQC solution for my AN-94, but as soon as I switched to the health kit I started to do a lot better. What modes do you prefer it on, what do you use as a primary, and what rounds do you use? I would appreciate any advice, having 3 guns was always insanely fun.

Date of registration
: Jan 29th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 4:39am

KH2002 is godly in it's current form, in a none OP way
G3A3 or bust

Gunners and passengers are just for show.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, February 27th 2012, 4:41am

Re:

Quoted from ""Pliataut_Chula""

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but how do you use this gun effectively? I have 3 service stars with the bloody thing, mostly as a CQC solution for my AN-94, but as soon as I switched to the health kit I started to do a lot better. What modes do you prefer it on, what do you use as a primary, and what rounds do you use? I would appreciate any advice, having 3 guns was always insanely fun.

You can use it as a second primary to compensate for your first primary failing at close range. That's its most common use. I think it's better off giving you some versatility in your setup, though.

I play a lot of TDM and it works really well in there. If you can get a squadmate to run recon and drop Spawn Beacons, you can easily drop in alongside the enemy and devastate them with the M26. It works well in Rush too when you're attacking as when you arm an M-Com, it's easy to kill enemies off of it with a weapon that might well be an 870. Operation Metro conquest is also a map tailor-made for the Mass.

Dart is currently the best ammunition for it. A solid hit to the chest will kill with Buck or with Dart. M26D's lower damage only matters when you get a lot of close misses with it. Its much greater range compensates for the lower damage. It tends to OHK about 2m further out with good shots. Dart is better because Buck has lower range but similar damage (if you can shoot consistently), Slugs follow the damage model of semiautomatic shotguns (so they kill in 2 shots at close range), and the case against Frags is the same as that against Slugs. Note that after the new patch, the M26 will fire the same slugs as the 870, so it will be another viable choice to investigate.

It works best in situations when your primary won't be able to do much. If I'm flanking with the AEK and I expect to get into 3-v-1 firefights, I equip the M26. The AEK doesn't have the clip size to (reliably) kill 3 enemies with one clip. The M26 does. So I do occasionally run the M26 even with CQC assault rifles like the AEK or (heaven forbid I ever admit to using it) the Famas.

Approach enemies from the side, not the back. Its lower fire rate than the 870 makes you a sitting duck sometimes--hitting from the side lowers the chance that enemies will be there to knife you in the back.

Equipping it on an underslung rail with a flashlight can make it into a very effective weapon with which to hit enemies from the front. This is best when clearing out buildings (Seine Crossing, first base, Rush, if the attackers get above B). Usually, I use it as a stand-alone weapon since I'd rather use its iron sights than a holosight (which is what I run on most guns).

You can use it with basically any weapon. I really like it with the L85, and I have a clanmate that uses the AK74M with the M26--he loves the combination. The accuracy of the L85/AK74M basically give you a sniper rifle primary and an 870 secondary; however, you can use both at medium range and the L85/AK74M can both function at close range. In this case, you're not using the M26 as a crutch, you're using it based on the situation--like when you don't know how many people are on the staircase above you.

If you want medkits and you need a CQC solution, honestly, the Raffica is a boss. Generally, if I'm using the Mass, I run either the '44 or the '44 Scoped. I already have a CQC "sidearm," I don't need another (which would be the Raffica). The M26 combined with the '44 is just awesome though. Consider this setup:
M416--Holosight, Foregrip, Laser Sight
'44 Magnum
M26 Dart
It can fight effectively at all ranges. You're trying to go for a versatile setup with the M26; you don't want to overspecialize in long-range primaries and just use your M26 to compensate for the fact that you have no real answers in closer ranges. An assault rifle that fired at 700 rpm would be perfect for this philosophy if we had one.

Good practice would be TDM as a recon with 870 (Reflex/irons, Extended Mags, Flechettes).

Don't reload until you get down to less than 4 rounds in your clip. The M26's long reload can make adding only one more shot to the weapon a disastrous mistake. That's the problem I see a lot of people having with the Mass--they fire one shot and think that it's an 870, spend the next three seconds reloading and get killed while doing so. It's an odd transition for me to not reloading constantly, but with the M26, I feel like it's better technique.

tl;dr version--flank on CQC maps for free kills! Use the M26 Dart to make your setup more versatile, don't count on it being your only weapon.

Peripherally on-topic #1) Just got yet another star, going for my 20th tomorrow if I have time.
Peripherally on-topic #2) Hey, Soko, can we get an M26 thread in the Individual Weapons section? I wouldn't mind copy/pasting/editing the above for a weapons review, and the M26 certainly is its own weapon!
Peripherally on-topic #3) Soko, I sig'd your MP7 comment. Hope you don't mind. My sig is getting pretty long now... .
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Feb 21st 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 5:53am

I cant wait till they put the damage back on the G3A3 i unlocked that and it was so awesome for like 3 weeks then its damage got taken down so hard that it was basically the worst assault rifle in the game.

Ive used almost all of the guns fairly extensively and i have 100 kills with all the main guns, 600+ m1911 500 g17c kills and about 8 other guns with 500+ kills, it gets super boring using the same guns over and over.
The fact some are coop weapons and some are just vastly inferior to other weapons is the main reason, M4a1 + m16a3 are unlocked immediately and outclass most weapons in their classes in various different uses so its kind of pointless to use other ones.

hopefully we will see more people using LMGs with bipods with the foregrip nerf and bipod buffs though i rarely see anyone running bipods currently.

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 2:21pm

Re: Re:

Good information

Thank you, I will try this advice out. I never really considered using the M26 unless I was being hunted down. In retrospect, I realize why this was a bit of a frustrating weapon for me.

@thread
I don't see very many M27 IARs, or any support guns with less than 100 bullets. I don't play support often enough to have a good opinion on the guns, but whenever I watch game play of people playing support, they rarely use more than 45 bullets in one go and often have chronic reload syndrome. Between that and the run and gun support mentality, I would think that these guns should get more use.

Date of registration
: Feb 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 2:50pm

Quoted from ""T-BAG_Commando""

I heard MP7 blows hard.

Blasphemy!

Sorry man. But they told me it blows hard.