Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "BlankInsanity" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, February 24th 2012, 2:12am

Underused Weapons

The USAS-12 Noobgun, M98B PussyRifle and the AS VAL Camper Rifle are overused as FUCK, people seem to ignore the more challenging weapons and only use the CoD style pieces of shit...
I have a list5 of weapons I think should be used more (Feel free to add to it!)
G53 (PC HK53)
M1014
870MCS
Type 88
MP7
M39 EMR/MBR
SKS
QBU-88
KH2002

Any more..?
I'm sorry for dissing CoD, but I don't like it. It's got awful graphics, slow paced campaigns, miniature multiplayer with unrealistic weapons, incorrectly named weapons and more often than not if you kill someone, you'll have an angry 7 year old yelling "FUCKING NOOB" after you legitimately kill their ass with a pistol coz they're shit...
C'mon guys, stop playing BF like CoD, you make yourself look like campers and noobs and try to use the best rifles all the time, without assessing the situation. USAS may be awesome in tight corridors like in Metro, but in the middle of Kharg Island???
-;[- FUCK COD

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 24th 2012, 2:20am

Re: Underused Weapons

lmao AS VAL overused? Wow that's the first time I've ever heard anyone ever say that. Honestly I think in all the time I've spent playing BF3, I've only been killed by the AS VAL a total of 3 times. I'm serious.

But USAS 12 and M98B are very annoying. Definitely overused, USAS12 is obscenely OP.

As far as your list, I see tons of people using the M39 no-recoil assault rifle, the QBU 88, and the MP7. In fact the only guns on that list I would consider underused are the HK53, M1014, Type 88, and KH2002.
Progression - Digital_Veil_92 - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

Quoted from "xNikolai"

If you cant find pictures of it on google it doesnt exist.

Date of registration
: Jan 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 24th 2012, 2:59am

mp7 is lovely, got accused by 3 people for hacking with that gun, they even tried to vote-kick me and it failed. 2-3 round bursts and that thing can hit plenty far out accurately.

Date of registration
: Feb 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 24th 2012, 3:38am

Doesn't it get boring just run and gunning and only caring about kills?

How are people entertained by this, its been over 10 years of that same old playstyle in video games and people still go "oh yea my favorite gun is (Insert obvious choice here that is everyones favorite gun because it has the best stats.)"

I mean seriously? Am I the only one that likes to use shotguns with slugs because it is a freaking rifle that shoots a large rock? Or how about frag rounds, those things are miniature grenades. I use them on semi autos despite how aweful they are.

I even put bipods on my LMGs so I can play the role properly, instead of foregripping it up and run and gunning like a bitch.

I lay C4 traps all over the damn place, bringing your favorite camping building to the ground when you return to it so you can bitch it up with the M98b.

I put C4 on cars, jets, helicopters. I even put it on an IFV and rammed another IFV with it today. Thats right, I use the C4 ON MY TANK to kill people instead of the tank itself.

I try to ram tanks with jets to blow them up.

I try to turn upside down in a jet to launch guided missiles at laser designated jets.

I turn enemy minefields into traps by putting C4 or claymores next to one of the mines.

I park helicopters in hidden areas and launch TV missiles at enemy aircraft.

I ram the shit out of helicopters if I get disabled in a jet just to feel like a kamikaze badass, not caring what the hell people say about my ace piloting skills.

I use scout helicopters to sneak into enemy deployments, loading their jets with C4 just so I can blow them up midair and watch them get mad about it, and feel like a total james bond about it.

I land my jets to repair.

I use rocket pods and the main gun on rush jets to try and strafe infantry despite never actually getting a kill from it, just because I want to pretend that my close air support plane is actually providing close air support.

I use transport helicopters to transport people, and when nobody is interested, I use it to land on top of enemy helicopters sending us into our fiery afterlives.

If I had to spend one more game playing like everyone else, using the obvious choice weapon for performance, run and gunning to try and get the best K/D I could, I would probably get so bored I would simultaneously piss and shit myself.

I don't understand how 95% of the gaming community thinks that way, and all they care about is which weapon has the lowest recoil, highest damage, ect. just so they can run around for some K/D number on the leaderboards that means jack shit? And then bitching and moaning about how overpowered something is when you die to it, JUST because it isn't a FAMAS, Pecheneg, or AEK so it must be illegitimate? Where are your imaginations people, how are you still entertained by that...

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, February 24th 2012, 3:43am

The way you say that people need to use "other guns" implies that guns other than the Famas and USAS exist. I wasn't aware of that fact. I've never been killed by anything else. Go figure, other guns exist. Hmmm. Dunno what I think about that.

G53 needs some love. PP2000 does too. A lot of Colonels have turned to the L85 recently, and I second that motion, the thing is beastly.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Jan 29th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Friday, February 24th 2012, 4:01am

The G3 should be up there...
G3A3 or bust

Gunners and passengers are just for show.

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 24th 2012, 4:25am

@elseagoat: Like a twin brother I never had!

G53 (PC HK53) - Its actually a bit bad. I'm using it right now on engi, its only worthwhile on close quarters maps.
M1014 - Its actually VERY bad as it has a slow rate of fire and bigger spread than the 870. 870 is a oneshot, this is a two-shot. Not good enough.
870MCS - Its a bit of a niche and situational weapon. Only useful on close quarters maps unless you're running slug ammo
Type 88 - Can't remember what was wrong with it, but I do know I DIDN'T like it. :D
MP7 - People just don't know whats good, I guess. This little thing is my all time favorite. So much hurt can be made with it if used properly.
M39 EMR/MBR - Same thing as MK11/SKS/SVD... whats the point?
SKS - low damage, requires very good aim and surprise. Otherwise you lose against anything, tbh.
QBU-88 - I actually liked this one. Used it quite nicely as a mid range "assault" rifle. KOBRA, foregrip, laser, minimal recoil. People just don't care?
KH2002 - "Jam" bug, I'm guessing. At least for me. LOVE the gun, but there are better ones until they patch it. :)

Thing is, I do believe most people just go with 'more bullets per second = win' idea in their heads. Some just don't care and pick what feels best. It can be very subjective. :)
"I can imagine a perfect world. A word without violence. Without armies. Without war.
And I can imagine us attacking that world because they would never expect it."

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, February 24th 2012, 4:50am

Add the M26 to this list. Only 765 Xbox players have a single star with it... .
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Friday, February 24th 2012, 4:55am

G53 is a really fun gun to use. I recently played with it to mess with other guns, and it turned out to be a very good weapon. Its automatic/extended burst accuracy is impressive and it's easy to handle. Its damage makes it mediocre for medium ranges, but its accuracy makes up for it.

KH2002 is really difficult for me to control. Like the AN-94, the trigger for chaining bursts feels sticky unless consciously squeezing the trigger rhythmically. I will continue using it for general weapon proficiency and unlocks, but the sticky trigger really scares me away from burst-fire weapons and modes.

M39...I use it whenever I need a semi-auto sniper and shows I actually played the co-op! I unlocked its foregrip, EOTech, and suppressor for flexible use.

MP7 is difficult to control with its high RPM but is definitely a good gun. My habit of sighting when I should take advantage of its hipfire is usually a problem that makes me lose in gunfights with it.

Date of registration
: Jan 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 24th 2012, 5:22am

G53 - Underpowered, being buffed
M1014 - Underpowered, being buffed
870MCS - Very good, I see it plenty
Type 88 - Underpowered, in fact inferior than the m249 in every single way, being buffed.
MP7 - Awesome, but Co-op unlocked
M39 EMR/MBR - Functionally identical to the other semi-auto snipers and Co-op unlocked
SKS - Underpowered and hard to use compared to the other snipers, being buffed
QBU-88 - Better than the other semi-autos due to the better foregrip, but that's not widely known and thus the gun is underused.
KH2002 - Rape machine, like an M16 with half the recoil & fast ADS movement but limited to 3 rnd burst and slow reload speed. Burst fire bug and general hate for anything not full auto results in it being underused.

The patch will take care of most of these. I actually use the last 5 guns on that list quite frequently actually, I guess im not one of the players you're talking about :p