Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Gorbaz The Dragon" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 7:30am

As many as it takes for the bastard to get bored of flying and not attempt to outrun the bastards :pinch:

*Sigh*, so many things in BF3 could be easily fixed by removing the 'Lifespan' of stuff. No more bullshit Jets who are literally immune to Jets, no more Chopper Whores who use ECM as an all-encompassing anti-everything defence and, most importantly, I WILL KILL THAT FUCKING TANK THAT HAS 6 HP LEFT DESPITE THE LITTLE TWAT SHOOTING ME THE SECOND MY ROCKET WOULD OF HIT HIM!!! ;(

By lifespan, are you referring to fuel/ ammo limitation or a combo of both? Air vehicle theft could be solved by shortening the out of bounds countdown or even placing a strict boundary over the spawn that will initiate a countdown even when piloting a vehicle. The pocket of out of bounds space will only encompass the deployment and effectively reduce the amount of hijackings.
You could completely remove hijacking by now allowing players of the enemy faction in your vehicles and vice versa.
Not a bad idea. Maybe no hijacking vehicles that are within the base.
Finesse

You do not have it.

Sleeper case...

[email protected]
Noctua NH-U14s

Asus Z97-I plus
2x8GB DDR3-1866

eVGA GTX 670 blower, can't remember what edition
Assortment of HDDs and SSDs
Silverstone SFX 600w

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 11:18am

You can use the fact that missiles time out at ten seconds to dodge stingers with ECM in a jet pretty reliably. ECM lasts five seconds, so when you hear the missile fired tone, hit afterburner and count to five, then hit ECM. You can outrun the missile for the first five seconds, then it will time out while circling because of ECM. Note: this doesn't work as well against heatseekers because they start out moving faster.

So my point still stands. Get rid of the time limit and maybe pilots will have to think about which fucking countermeasure they use as that'll knock ECM off its pedistal of 'Everything proof shield' and make it bloody work how it bloody should!
I think to balance ECM they should make it block locks, but not disable the already fired missiles.

Pretty much what I'm getting at :)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 11:40am

lololol how many stingers does it take to take down a jet. lololol

I got another good one. How many blonds does it take to screw in a light bulb.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 12:11pm

lololol how many stingers does it take to take down a jet. lololol

I got another good one. How many blonds does it take to screw in a light bulb.

Hehehehehe, awesome.
Best one I ever heard was 'How many Scotsmen does it take to change a light bulb? 10. One to hold the bulb and 9 to drink until the room spins' :D

And don't get man, a Scotsman told me that 'un :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 3:26pm

My question is, why would you even want to spam endless stiglas at a jet (no matter how much it's pissing you off)? The best way to neutralize a vehicle is still with another vehicle, and if you're infantry, it's pretty easy to ignore/avoid a dominant enemy jet on most maps, anyway...

As an aside, this is one of the main reasons why I prefer hardcore...At least you can damage dominant vehicles enough to make them fall back to repair, instead of dancing around and waiting for automatic health regen to kick in... :thumbdown:

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 4:23pm

But stingers and ilgas are very OP , if you are to believe Battlelog(lol)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 4:55pm

My question is, why would you even want to spam endless stiglas at a jet (no matter how much it's pissing you off)? The best way to neutralize a vehicle is still with another vehicle, and if you're infantry, it's pretty easy to ignore/avoid a dominant enemy jet on most maps, anyway...

As an aside, this is one of the main reasons why I prefer hardcore...At least you can damage dominant vehicles enough to make them fall back to repair, instead of dancing around and waiting for automatic health regen to kick in... :thumbdown:
I was playing on a rush server and it switched over to op firestorm, a map I don't mind until the faggots start stealing the jets...

Thing is in SC the jets will instakill infantry and the general infantry balance is really fucked up, which is what I care more about.
Finesse

You do not have it.

Sleeper case...

[email protected]
Noctua NH-U14s

Asus Z97-I plus
2x8GB DDR3-1866

Silverstone SFX 600w

Date of registration
: Jul 26th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 6:28pm

First, I have to disagree with the notion of changing ECM so that it only blocks locks, but does not spoof missiles. Not because that isn't a good idea in theory, but in practice it is broken in the lag infested world of BF3. 9 times out of 10 when I hit ECM right after hearing the initial lock on tone, a missile will still be fired at me. I have given up using ECM as a deterrent and will simply just wait for the guy to fire before deploying it. GIves me an extra second or two to hit the deck and run away. ( PS Console player, lower player count means choppers are still much more aggressive)

To whomever said you can just ignore and avoid good pilots, this is false, especially in rush. Those jets will destroy armor, and can obliterate infantry with the main cannon, or rocket pods. Sadly trying to attack isn't much more effective than ignoring them.

To the OP, you've got very limited options. #1 is shoot that jet down with your own jet (best option) but if you're jets not available, well its just not an option right? Second option is for two or three engineers to grab stingers and spread OUT. Make a triangle formation with at least 200 meters between you, and preferable with good vantage points to see the sky and over ground clutter. 300 meter separation would be better really. When the jet comes in to range, everyone lock it up but not everyone needs to fire. First trooper fires, jet will flare and move away. Second and third guys need to fire sequentially after that. With luck, you may well get him. Yes, luck.as he can still try to out run the missiles until counter measure recharges. This is also why its important for 2nd and 3rd to fire in a sequence instead of at the same time. Some separation in the missiles will make it harder to dodge them both.

Sadly this isn't really an option on Rush though.On conquest its no problem to make that formation work, but Rush not so much.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 7:02pm

We were separated over 100 meters, a few people near the mcoms, one of which was across the main road. There were one or two at the rear out of bounds line, but still, even when some waited for the flares to pop, they could only finish the lock as the jet was going away. These shots never hit because the jets flares were up before the missiles hit them because of how fast the jets could move away...
Finesse

You do not have it.

Sleeper case...

[email protected]
Noctua NH-U14s

Asus Z97-I plus
2x8GB DDR3-1866

Silverstone SFX 600w

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 7:14pm

We were separated over 100 meters, a few people near the mcoms, one of which was across the main road. There were one or two at the rear out of bounds line, but still, even when some waited for the flares to pop, they could only finish the lock as the jet was going away. These shots never hit because the jets flares were up before the missiles hit them because of how fast the jets could move away...

There's only one way to make that work 99% reliably:
you stand rdy with stinger, and your buddy is 200 meter further. The jet is coming in at a near-linear angle to make a three-point-line. Your fire the stinger when he's in your range, you shoot, he flares, the jets keep on going towards the other stinger, he shoots, jet down

good pilots will turn around immediately though, instead of flying forward