Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

BanzaiB

To much tv is the cause of death

(212)

Date of registration
: Jan 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 1:15pm

Are you using cable of wifi?

P.S. My TV sometimes jumps when I play on Kharg.

Allright.

BUT the way I understand it, to make use of 144Hz monitor, OR possibly for it to work properly, you would have to be able to sustain 144FPS ingame, which I don't believe a 7970 is capable of at all, maybe not even two.

Not quite. Whats the problem of having 100 fps instead of constant 144? As long as your in-game fps is higher than 60 - your 144hz monitor is justified ;).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BanzaiB" (Jun 2nd 2013, 1:32pm)

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 1:15pm

Allright.

BUT the way I understand it, to make use of 144Hz monitor, OR possibly for it to work properly, you would have to be able to sustain 144FPS ingame, which I don't believe a 7970 is capable of at all, maybe not even two.

At 1080p and everything low except mesh? It can go from 150 to 200 fps, depending on OC.

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 1:20pm

But paired with a monitor that apparently has TN panel results in... eyes rape :D

P.S. I correct myself. I googled the subject and came up with really good explanation: 60Hz vs 120Hz Explained

The problem lies elsewhere, then.

BanzaiB

(212)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 1:35pm

But paired with a monitor that apparently has TN panel results in... eyes rape :D

TN panel is much less painful than CRT monitor. Besides, 144hz are better for eyes than 60hz (at least for me). I don't see the point of CRT monitor when we have 144hz monitors.

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 1:37pm

144 hz = need AWESOME graphics card = munnies <_<"

thats one reason right there (still, thank heaven for 60fps lcd's)

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 1:42pm

TN panel is much less painful than CRT monitor. Besides, 144hz are better for eyes than 60hz (at least for me). I don't see the point of CRT monitor when we have 144hz monitors.
Uh, no. This has nothing to do with CRT. TN=shit. Period. The colours are just fucked up. S-IPS is probably the best thing to get, and it's not even that extremely expensive. I will take 60Hz IPS-based monitor over ANY 120(+) TN one anytime of a day.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 1:45pm

Uh, no. This has nothing to do with CRT. TN=shit. Period. The colours are just fucked up. S-IPS is probably the best thing to get, and it's not even that extremely expensive. I will take 60Hz IPS-based monitor over ANY 120(+) TN one anytime of a day.

You're a good man. You'd be best man if you had said "CRT has the best of both worlds", though. :D

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 2:13pm

75 Hz IPS is a good compromise if you want low power consumption and use of desk space.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 2:18pm

Or Yamakazi Catleap IPS 2560x1440 @100+ hz.

Go to e-bay and find one.

BanzaiB

(212)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 2:21pm

144 hz = need AWESOME graphics card = munnies <_<"

thats one reason right there (still, thank heaven for 60fps lcd's)

Wrong. You can have a modest GPU below 150 euro like HD 7850 and still be able to play some games with 100+ fps. You just need correct settings. Even 100 is better than 60.

You think you would enjoy shitty response time of IPS panel? 10ms of response time! No way I am using IPS for multiplayer games! TN panel has only 2 disadvantages compared to IPS: colours and viewing angle. The latter is not even a problem as a gamer will always sit in front of his monitor. Speaking of colours - I doubt gamers need perfect colours. You just need to see the enemy, that's it. Some TN panels are ok in terms of colours. For example, XL2411T looks good, you can calibrate it, making it look almost as good as IPS panel.

You're a good man. You'd be best man if you had said "CRT has the best of both worlds", though. :D

Well, don't get me wrong, after 12 hours of using TN panel my eyes are tired. However, for CRT - 6 hours is enough and I need a rest. :D