Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "OkKk1337" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 1st 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 12:02pm

1 Second Delay

Hello :S
I don't know if it's the right place but nobody is answering on the bf3 forums so I thought why not try...
Everything in my game is delayed by one second... I see enemies 1 second too late, my weapons are attacking 1 second too late... and I'm losing my mind figuring the cause.
My monitor is VG248QE (144hz 1ms so it's not screen input lag)
I tried everything, bios tweaks, network tweaks, sound tweaks but nothing is helping.. in addition my hitreg is HORRIBLE since I switched to a new PC
My old PC was AMD Phenom 2 955, GTX560. Everything worked absolutely perfect, no hitreg issues, no input lag issues and all these delays ingame
ATM i'm on a 3570k, HD7970 platform, and like mentioned above everything is crap. I regret upgrading my hardware and right now I'd rather play on 50fps than 150 ...
Programs like LatencyMon show very low DPC latency, so latency is not the problem...
My ping is between 60-80ms on all the servers I play on. (I know it's high but it never been a problem before..there are no local servers I can play on)
I'm using the exact same mouse(deathadder), keyboard and headphones.
It also can't be a network issue, because I tried switching to different ISP's for the last 3 months and nothing has changed at all.
Disabling network throttling index didn't help at all either.
Ingame tweaks like Prerenderedframes 0 did not change anything, I tried pretty much all of them and they don't help or just worsen the problem.
What can possibly be wrong with my new setup? and how can I get rid of all these problems I am experiencing?
I really need help, I don't usually ask in forums and try to find the answers by myself. but I'm really lost in this case. I used to enjoy this game and now I rage everytime I play it.
If you have any idea what could be the cause, or have any suggestions, please comment! I am willing to try everything.
THanks in advance!

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 12:10pm

Everything in my game is delayed by one second... I see enemies 1 second too late, my weapons are attacking 1 second too late... and I'm losing my mind figuring the cause.

i don't quite get the problem..

is it input lagg (i.e. you click your mouse, but you don't start shooting until 1 second later?)
or is it lagg (i.e. you hit your enemy with a bullet, but the shot doesnt "land" until 1 second later?)

have you tried updating your internet-drivers?

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 12:13pm

From what I understand, everything on screen is shown a second later than it should be, and he has 1 second input lag on top of that.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? 170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

BanzaiB

To much tv is the cause of death

(212)

Date of registration
: Jan 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 12:19pm

So, everything the monitor shows is delayed by 1 second, not only BF3?

RMA it.

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 12:25pm

Yeah, does this happen in every game? This sort of lag happened to me several times in past, mostly due to bottlenect on the PCI-E bus. Run GPU-Z and post a picture (preferrably with the little inbuilt render test). Then we will know more.

• "OkKk1337" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 1st 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 5:44pm

i don't quite get the problem..

is it input lagg (i.e. you click your mouse, but you don't start shooting until 1 second later?)
or is it lagg (i.e. you hit your enemy with a bullet, but the shot doesnt "land" until 1 second later?)

have you tried updating your internet-drivers?

both. sometimes, I hit an enemy from close range and the shot won't register at all, or will be delayed by 1~2 seconds or more.
yes I tried to update the drivers, but they gave worse results so I ended up removing them and letting windows choose what's best.

Yeah, does this happen in every game? This sort of lag happened to me several times in past, mostly due to bottlenect on the PCI-E bus. Run GPU-Z and post a picture (preferrably with the little inbuilt render test). Then we will know more.
yeah I would say any game. I have noticed that early in the mornings the problem is not so noticeable (it's still there though).. so perhaps network load or server load?
I don't play on servers with more than 32players since 64 is really unplayable. but if changing ISPs didn't help, what else could it be? maybe my onboard LAN adapter?
GPU is connected to a PCI-E 3.0 so I don't see why it would bottleneck, but here's a picture: http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/13/06/01/4dt.png

thanks!

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 6:44pm

Need more info. Do you get lag on desktop? Do you get lag in BF3 singleplayer? Do you get lag in other games?

inb4 @ToTheSun recommends a CRT
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 6:49pm

You should buy a CRT monitor.

BanzaiB

To much tv is the cause of death

(212)

Date of registration
: Jan 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 6:56pm

Looks like it is not your monitor, just shitty connection.

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, June 1st 2013, 7:06pm

Try http://www.pingtest.com and choose a server closest to you to see whether it's all connection problem or not.