Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Infinite" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 14th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 10:30pm

Kit Balance: Recon

Excluding the guns, do you think the recon kit is a viable option?

Date of registration
: Jan 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 10:47pm

Re: Kit Balance: Recon

Definitely - spawn beacon can make all the difference, especially in Rush.

MAV is also right up there among the most useful gadgets in the game, if not THE most useful.
Provided your team pays attention to the mini-map of course...

Date of registration
: Feb 12th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2012, 2:07am

ignoring the near useless guns outside of hardcore, the equipment is definitely worth something. the mav is incredibly valuable in squad deathmatch. you can win easily with one guy spotting everyone out and the rest of the team killing. the only other complaint with recon is that the soflam needs to be mobile, as in you dont need to deploy it and can walk around and designate using it like it was in medal of honor (campaign).

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2012, 4:08am

AsVal and USAS are perfectly acceptable as weapons. Tug/mav/mobile spawn are my favorite kits. I love aggressive recon and get awesome 60 ish kill games on maps like metro. But at the end of the day rpg/c4 is too important to pass on most maps. I just cant handle cowering behind a bush because theres a tank camping a flag and I have no way to deal with the problem.

on conquest where its usually you solo vs tank c4 is better because after your first RPG hit it gets difficult to stay alive

On rush where theres a higher concentration of defenders accompanying the tank running to plant c4 isnt as good of an option so RPG is better IMO

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, February 17th 2012, 8:52am

Recon and their equipment can be extremely useful and gamebreaking if used right. But if you ever come up against a vehicle, you're screwed...

They should really give back the mortar strike... Then we get rid off all the mortar campers at the same time. It's not like the mortar strike in BC2 was overpowered, long lock and you could just move out of it.

And allow M320 to damage tanks a tiny bit, like destroy the tracks or engine to disable it, but only on those specific points. Not head on assaults... Then classes would be far better off...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Jan 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2012, 9:40am

The MAV is ridiculously powerful, but when it comes down to it, you only really need one recon using it. Unlike the other classes, that you can really benefit from having many of.

I don't find spawn beacons to be very useful unless i'm playing by myself with a poor squad. With a decent squad I find spawn beacons to be more of a liability than a benefit, since they prevent my squad mates from spawning on me when I inevitably move to a better position (I feel this way even in rush). And with a decent squad, I almost always have a useful place to spawn without placing a beacon. Usually if I die it means that I should try a different route, as opposed to returning immediately to the same place. They are a select few situations that I find beacons to be useful, but in the end the beacon is just that, situational. If I had a choice to replace the beacon with another gadget, I would not hesitate to do so.

Also, the TUGS needs a buff, it pales in comparison to the MAV in nearly every way except in deploy time. And deploy time can be avoided by simply having the forethought to fly the MAV to an inaccessible spot covering the same area before you actually go there. The MAV has a larger passive sensor radius, spotting and anti-gadget capability in active mode, and is remotely redeployable. You should have at least 2 TUGS to start with, and it possibly needs even more buffing than that.

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2012, 10:10am

MAV [and to same degree TUGS] literally enhance percievable skill of players. Even sub par player will usually win firefight if you spot him targets beforehand.

Also even after spawn beacon nerf with good squad it can be game breaker when used right.

Single purpose weapons he gets [semi auto and bolt actions] can be easily avoided with PDW/Shotguns if you want more close combat options

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, February 17th 2012, 12:26pm

Recon probably has the least utility of all the classes because they removed the 'Spec Ops' and gave it to Support (C4 with a PDW FTW), leaving Recon more as a dedicated 'Sniper' style class. The MAV is very powerful though and so if the SOFLAM if used right, but they require you to stop moving to use them. This kind of makes the Recon class a bit less mobile than it used to be but it can still be effective. IMO it's not as good as it used to be and what with all the sound spotting in this game I usually can't bring myself to forgoe C4 for a MAV.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Date of registration
: Jan 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2012, 5:11pm

Quoted from ""Autosynthesis""

Recon probably has the least utility of all the classes because they removed the 'Spec Ops' and gave it to Support (C4 with a PDW FTW), leaving Recon more as a dedicated 'Sniper' style class. The MAV is very powerful though and so if the SOFLAM if used right, but they require you to stop moving to use them. This kind of makes the Recon class a bit less mobile than it used to be but it can still be effective. IMO it's not as good as it used to be and what with all the sound spotting in this game I usually can't bring myself to forgoe C4 for a MAV.

Can't believe I forgot the SOFLAM!
It's ridiculous on Noshahr canals in rush mode - you can lock attackers vehicles the second they move off the carrier. The other night we had 2-3 SOFLAMS set up, a few engineers with javelin, and I was running around resupplying everyone with more ammo.
Attackers didn't reach land once.

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2012, 8:29pm

I play recon about 40-50% of the time and i can tell you that the spawn beacon is a serious game changer. What you need is a recon player that knows the maps and how to correctly use the spawn beacon and where to deploy it. I find the spawn beacon very helpful in rush either in attacker of defender. For example: Rush Defender in Siene crossing on the first 2 objectives. I always place a spawn beacon in the little room directly across from Objective B along with a MAV. 99% of the time we never lose B. I set my spawn beacon as close as i can to any objective whether im attacking or defending. It gives my team a higher chance at succeeding if i can get them into the battle faster than the opposing team.

In addition, sometimes you do move up and yeah your squad mate cant directly spawn on you, but at least they are closer to the objective/main combat area than where they would have normally have respawned. Getting your teammates into the main combat area faster mostly equals to winning in the end(at least for a competent squad that actually uses your spawn beacon).

Why does the recon class have TUGS and a MAV? I find it somewhat redundant. I could do without the TUGS and have something more useful. some type of explosive would be nice. I feel so helpless when i encounter a tank or humvee. OR an attachment we can put on our scope to reduce glint.