Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:47. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 9:12pm

Re: Best shotgun ammunition for 870?

Frag rounds + Acog/3.4x or 6x scout scope, and of course extended mags.

It's not amazing at CQB, because you have to be hitting them directly and not splash damaging them, unless they run into cover.

I honestly use it for mid to long and extreme ranges. My record is a 428M headshot, but I've killed folks at 500m easily without HS, trick is lobbing angle, and boy it just ROYALLY angers snipers.

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 10:50pm

Since I don't like using underbarrel weapons as standalones, I choose frag round to offer me some compensation for not blowing people to shreds with the M320 -8D-
14:19 KingSix: when you are peeing too much Haemoglobin, THAT's a serious issue
14:20 KingSix: ..
14:20 ToTheSun: chat killed

Date of registration
: Feb 12th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2012, 1:52am

i think the best is slugs for the 870mcs. its one shot kill in hardcore up to around 50 meters. but you need to be accurate. frags arent very good due to it being to hit kill even in hardcore im sure. you will most likely be gunned down before even pulling the trigger the 2nd time.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2012, 5:22am

Honestly, Slugs are worthless in BF3, they are extremly snail slow, very lousy damage, and worst of all. It feels like your shooting blanks the entire time. I miss the slugs from bfbc2, now those were slugs, and boy once you mastered them, snipers hated your guts. This time around, you would be lucky to scare a fly away with a slug round.

Friday, February 17th 2012, 5:28am

they should have named them Hugs instead

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, February 17th 2012, 7:25am

And we now have a clear winner: Frag rounds!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9DM5QYLhyc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9DM5QYLhyc</a><!-- m -->

(Well, personally I prefer buckshot, frag can go to USAS just as well)

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Friday, February 17th 2012, 8:51am

on

Quoted from ""Aenonar""

And we now have a clear winner: Frag rounds!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9DM5QYLhyc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9DM5QYLhyc</a><!-- m -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beware, your enemies might call it 'fagrounds' in the hope to restore their self-worth you've blasted and smeared all over the wall. oh yes 'fagrounds' that's how creative they've become now, so prepare yourself for some hefty talks gentlemen! have your shells loaded with equally cunning wit. you won't make it without.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2012, 4:15pm

oh they surely are fag rounds the moment they're loaded into an auto thats for sure, especially when suddenly the entire match your in every brings out every type of shotty with fag rounds, and the whole match goes to shit. I've had way too many of these matches.

Date of registration
: Dec 27th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 18th 2012, 9:21pm

Quoted from ""Brock 5amson""

Honestly, Slugs are worthless in BF3, they are extremly snail slow, very lousy damage, and worst of all. It feels like your shooting blanks the entire time.

They do a OHK up to 9 meters, so I wouldn't say the damage is lousy, but I understand what you mean about shooting blanks. I put a reflex scope on my 870, now as long as I look down the sight before firing, the high spread is never an issue, even at longer ranges.