Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:47. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 10:29pm

Re: What is your go to "tryhard" kit setup?

Can I please remind you all this all comes down to personal opinion. I use the MP443, because i like the sights better. I used to use an M1911 as well in my recon class.

But I digress. Can we not go hating on other people's kits?
POI~

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 10:45pm

Personel opinion is one thing, knowing that one thing works better than the other is fact.
From using every sidearm, most have 1 star right now, I would use a Grach MP443 over a M9 any day period.
Honestly the M9 feels like a BB gun with a large magazine, the MP443 feels and fires, and most imporantly kills, I say the 1911 because not only is it decently accurate, it does more damage which is key in any situation, and most of all the fire rate is faster than the revolvers, and honestly hip firing the 1911 kills everything infront of you like chuck norris. I've easily dropped 3-6 people in quick seccesion with the 1911, while the 443 or M9 would need more shots, and of course give enough noise to attact more fire my direction.

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 10:49pm

Quoted from ""Nuu-oN""

Quoted from ""Brock 5amson""

M9's? You guys are fools, stick with the 1911 Tact period. Revolvers are garbage.

M27 + Grip + Silencer + IR/Holo
I Flank em, fry and grill their enemy team from behind.

1911 doesn't have enough bullets and the damage doesn't make up for it. With the M9 you can kill more than 2 enemies with one clip in a pinch.

agreed. i like the 1911 tact plenty and currently have it on most of my kits, but M9/443/g17 are superior imo. (g18 is even better in most CQC situations) they should have given the 1911 slightly longer damage drop off and/or higher min damage or something; between the far lower mag size and relative difficulty of avoiding "jams" in tense situations, the 1 less shot to kill up close isn't enough.

(in response to the last post , the m9 feels pretty much identical to the 443 to me in terms of power, as the stats would suggest, but there's not much reason to use it besides aesthetics when you have the grach and g17).

edit: misremembered the m9/443/g17 damage, corrected now

Date of registration
: Jan 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 10:52pm

Jet & repair torch. Don't need anything else.

On maps with no jets though:
M16A3 w/ kobra
Foregrip
Suppressor

M320 Smoke (for rush) or medkit (conquest)

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, February 17th 2012, 12:30pm

An-94 with a 3.4 scope (occasionaly 7x), Heavy Barrel and Foregrip. The rest is irrelevant. Acctually the 93R isn't irrelevant, but with the An-94 I don't need my little Raffica much.:)
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 18th 2012, 8:30pm

M98B on hardcore w/ ACOG and SPB.

Administering justice, one bullet at a time.

Although I honestly get about as many kills with my M1911 these days, that thing is the shit on hardcore.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 18th 2012, 11:54pm

I mainly play rush, on attack assault famas, defense support MG36. Though on the first B points of bazaar and seine crossing I will USAS w buckshot (as support for the ammo).

Pistol G18 always, either you're close enough to use this or you should be able to find some kind of cover to reload your main weapon imo..

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 2:45am

Quoted from ""Trippalhealicks""

Yeah, you're probably right. The AR-style weapons (M16, M4, M27, etc) are badass IRL and in this game.

My personal experiences IRL with the M16 platform, I think they are trash. First it has a locking bolt with that being said it has a gas tube that feeds right into your bolt. Meaning every time you fire, you are fowling the mechanics which translates into a lot of cleaning in very hard to get places. I have had to use pliers to remove the firing pin because there was so much carbon build up. The charging handle when operated, if there is a stoppage in the order of operations. Must be pulled away from your face ruining you sight picture and shooting stance. This is very tragic in shooting competitions during rapid fire. The first thing I always look at when I get my hands on one is if the upper receiver wiggles on the lower receiver and they normally do. Unless it is a custom weapon they are all made for right handed shooters. I cant argue with its accuracy but the ammo sucks.

Go get your hands on a M1a scout squad and your mind will change. Cant compaire to a .308

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 3:00am

I agree with the AR 15/16 platform when it comes to cleaning, accuracy but lots and lots of unwanted cleaning in places ones fingers should not reach lol.

I honestly love my G3 & Fn Fal .308's I run a x4 Acog and a 6x-25x / 55mm scope on the beasts with decent 1- 1/2 inch groupings at 300 yards with match ammo. They are also a lot easier to clean, and disassembling them is almost cake.

Of course my 91 sniper does excellent at 600 yards with 1 3/4 quarter groups, but the ammo is damn expensive.