Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:47. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "T-BAG_Commando" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 14th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 2:08am

More Variety is needed in this game. Particularly with Rifle

Its startling to see in this game that within their categories the guns are mostly the same. I can't believe Dice created many Assault rifles and carbines that differ only in terms of Fire rate, Recoil and reload time.
What about power?
What about range?
What about time to draw/put away?
What about projected visible muzzle flash?
What about mobility?
The G3A3 was an unfortunate anomaly. I loved it as the only 7.62 Medic weapon. Dice has made a foolish mistake in nerfing it.
And they have made a terrible one in giving us guns that are all the same since launch.
I am one of a weary few who feel this way.
Could we be wrong?
Are the "PPV" or Party for Proponents of Variety mistakenly lobbying for what will lead to OP weapons?

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 2:28am

Re: More Variety is needed in this game. Particularly with R

Quoted from ""T-BAG_Commando""

Its startling to see in this game that within their categories the guns are mostly the same. I can't believe Dice created many Assault rifles and carbines that differ only in terms of Fire rate, Recoil and reload time.
What about power?
What about range?
What about time to draw/put away?
What about projected visible muzzle flash?
What about mobility?
The G3A3 was an unfortunate anomaly. I loved it as the only 7.62 Medic weapon. Dice has made a foolish mistake in nerfing it.
And they have made a terrible one in giving us guns that are all the same since launch.
I am one of a weary few who feel this way.
Could we be wrong?
Are the "PPV" or Party for Proponents of Variety mistakenly lobbying for what will lead to OP weapons?

I'd say 'No offense' but that would be bullshit.

Pull your head out your ass take in the whole picture, not just your desires.

Having 75 guns gives the user plenty to choose from. The 'nerfing' was done for a very good reason, to drop the large advantage over the other guns. I'm sure they could tell by the numbers alone (not anyone bitching, although that usually just confirms what the numbers already show.

No gun should have a high variance to other weapons of the same class when it comes the a MP FPS. This would lead to OP weapons, forcing other players to use the same weapons to fight against the OP-ness. Small variances are fine, but the second you start increasing the variance, you start taking away the functional use of other weapons. Which can turn into you paying $60 for a game with 75 guns, but only 13 weapons are viable choices.

I would highly recommend you read this thread as it is from one of the DICE devs and gives you a VERY good idea on why 'nerf/buffing' happens and his reasoning behind the changes. I highly doubt that this type of critical thinking for Demize99 is only specific to this thread and is applied to his work on the game as a whole.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/nwy8o/discussion_of_bf3_weapon_accessories_and_their/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/co ... and_their/</a><!-- m -->
I can't be in love if it's plastic, To live on my own just seems tragic
But we'll raise our swords high when our day comes, You thought it was gold but it was bronze.
But if i see you again back in detox, put my remains in my snuff box!

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 3:27am

I have to agree with robotmonkey on this one. There are plenty of differences between weapons, just not for damage. The G3A3 nerf only took it from "better in every discernible way" to "better at long range." Differences in draw, muzzle flash, and mobility could be interesting additions however.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 4:38am

Wow. What soggy douche you are. Ever heard of balance? Quit pretending that the game doesn't have any OP guns as it is. I'm tired of having to use the same guns to maintain my 3.12 kill Death ratio.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 4:48am

You guys are kind of unobservant. The G3A3 was not better in every discernable way. It has only 20 in the clip. It has lots of recoil. It was just a little stronger. Robot should quit crying because some of us out here don't like all the guns to be the same.
He immediately assumes that differences will make some weapons clearly better. He does not understand the concept of balance. The trade off. Choosing different weapons because of thier differences for different combat roles. sacrificing power for accuracy. High fire rate preferred over range.

How Naive.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 5:30am

It would be difficult. even if all weapons had the same "damage per second", some would be easier than others, making them more dangerous in skilled players hands, and there, being overpowered

if you want variance, grab a shotgun or a PDW :P
I'm too cool for a signature.

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 6:43am

Wow. What soggy douche you are. Ever heard of balance? Quit pretending that the game doesn't have any OP guns as it is. I'm tired of having to use the same guns to maintain my 3.12 kill Death ratio.

I'll just give one warning, cut the rage or else
Also post you battlelog to Back up your KD or it will be treated as a lie.
POI~

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 7:37am

Variance in guns of same class is really not bad.

Look for example at CSS I know its old game and its damage model is bit archaic but yet in AR class you had really diferent weapons and yes you can argue some were much better than others yet not everyone just used best one aviable but one which fitted his playstile the most.

So more variety would be welcome addition to game.

Also for attachements to really change behavior of weapon as whole not juist giving small % of increase or decrease in some stat.

[For now only really observable attachements are foregrips on LMG and suppresor on everything else and thats maybe cause they are gotting to get nerfed]

Symthic

Head Administrator

(1,641)

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 8:36am

Dice has made a foolish mistake in nerfing it.
OP weapons
Wow. What soggy douche you are. Ever heard of balance?
Robot should quit crying
How Naive.

->:[-
If this crap has to belong somewhere, it's the Forums - Battlelog / Battlefield 3
BF3: Objective per minute: World top 1%