Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 22:44. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "AmandaHatesYou" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 14th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 7:09pm

X360 server joining and ranks

This is the one thing i absolutely cannot stand about the X360 version of this game- everything is quite nice in comparison. (this might be the same on PS3, but i know it's not part of the PC version)

Rank - I always score fairly well, and i'm very high rank. My KDR is usually better than 2.0. And most matches depending on the map, i have more than 8000 points. (these figures are small compared to when i get to play on the PC = =)

But whenever i quick join a server, It always puts me where a team is losing - horrifically. usually losing by more than 100 points. but always losing by more than 50. sometimes the team it puts me on is being stuck in their base, or has no points and cannot spawn at all.

Now it may just sound like me bitching (which i do a lot of)
but actually i've started occasionally making new xbox live accounts, and starting over from scratch every time my live expires. and every time i do that- it stops for a while. it balanced back, and i find a nice even dispersion between winning and losing teams. but as soon as i climb high in the ranks again - the problem starts again.

anyone else been extremely frustrated by this? I know i can use the server browser (i usually play hardcore)
but it's impossible for me to sit down and just have a chill game of regular mode BF3
there's just no fun to not even being able to spawn at all. i mean really :\
I'm too cool for a signature.

Date of registration
: Feb 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 10:56pm

Re: X360 server joining and ranks

I would think its more likely people will quit if their team is losing. so most of the open slots will be on a losing team. greater chance to get put on a losing team.
But, you say you get a even mix of winning and losing teams when you first start playing so I'm not sure.

Date of registration
: Dec 31st 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 11:33pm

I've pretty much learned to expect myself being on the losing team any time I join a match mid game alone on 360 because there just seems to be a far greater deal of quitters on console than on PC from what I've heard and sadly, I'm just as guilty as the rest. There is no complete workaround for this but it can kind of be mitigated by joining with a full squad because that bit of communication can sometimes give you just what you need to turn the game around.

On top of that, people that join alone have a much higher chance of quitting when they get put in an unfavorable situation because they have no one that can try and keep them tied down. I quit more when I play alone then when I do with another person and that number decreases the more people I know that I'm playing with. If I'm playing with a full squad of four, we only ever quit unless we are ALL having a collectively bad game or the majority hates the map.

As for the high ranks thing, I guess it might just be in your head. I'm a level 4 Colonel and I hate going up against other Colonels for some reason. I feel a lot more comfortable when someone on the other team doesn't have an eagle by their name even though it rarely makes a difference most of the time. Maybe it's just bad luck, who knows. I will say that I've been put into bugged servers where everyone was locked at rank zero for that server and had to restart from the base unlocks but rank up on that same server except you don't see the players rank. I fucking love it when that happens because it makes me feel the most at ease. Not being able to judge a player based on a number next to their name preemptively prevents me from psyching myself out and I'd be more than happy to have an actual feature that allowed me to hide what level people are from the scoreboard and stuff.

I just went off on the stupidest tangent but whatever. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't join games alone or something.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 12:12am

If I'm playing by myself, I only do TDM. I can carry a team in TDM even when I'm goofing off (quickscoping on Xbox for the win!). I don't know the flanking routes in Rush well enough to carry a team. I don't enjoy Conquest a lot and I rarely play without clanmates.

My honest advice would be to get yourself a group of friends that're always on and play with them.

Also, I rarely join games from anywhere but the server browser, but when I don't, I generally don't see this problem.

A few maps are noticeable exceptions. When I join randomly on Conquest, if I get into Metro, Bazaar, or Caspian Border, I'm almost always triple/quadruple-capped. And sometimes I turn it around. Usually I don't.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 10:23am

Yes, this happens to me a lot. I remember one time I joined a match where I was put into a 3 man team vs 16 others and about half of that team were eagles.

If the team I joined were losing badly, say, we were at less than half the tickets of the other team or we were getting severely 'base'd' then I usually just quit. But other than that, I try my best to stay in game. Sometimes the game turns around.

I think the matchmaking system should have changed (at least on the console platforms). If I made a squad with my friends, I would join a game and we'd be in different teams, or it put us in a completely different squads. This is extremely annoying, as we'd have to switch to the same team, and if we couldn't we just quit.

I think what they should have done is:

-If you are joining a game with a squad of 'x' people then you should be able to find a game where one team can accomodate the 'x' number of people and keep the teams balanced.

Or

-If there are no games where it can do the above, it should do something similar to that of Halo (sorry if this is taboo haha) and actually 'matchmake' with other people who are looking for the same type of game. So if a 4 man squad can't find a game, then it should matchmake with another squad of 4.

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 1:10pm

Quoted from ""TheFrontlinesman""

If I'm playing by myself, I only do TDM. I can carry a team in TDM even when I'm goofing off (quickscoping on Xbox for the win!). I don't know the flanking routes in Rush well enough to carry a team. I don't enjoy Conquest a lot and I rarely play without clanmates.

My honest advice would be to get yourself a group of friends that're always on and play with them.

Also, I rarely join games from anywhere but the server browser, but when I don't, I generally don't see this problem.

A few maps are noticeable exceptions. When I join randomly on Conquest, if I get into Metro, Bazaar, or Caspian Border, I'm almost always triple/quadruple-capped. And sometimes I turn it around. Usually I don't.

if you where in the right console, i will play TDM with you. we have the exactly same philosofy.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 2:51pm

Quoted from ""xenupy""

Quoted from ""TheFrontlinesman""

<Stuff I posted>

if you where in the right console, i will play TDM with you. we have the exactly same philosofy.

Which system are you on, bo?

My thoughts--Dice wants to make platoons on Battlelog more relevant to the game--why not make it so that squads with members of the same platoon on Battlelog are less likely to get split up?
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS