Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:47. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, February 17th 2012, 5:13am

Re: Auto's Guide to PDWs

My goal is to reach 1 star on every firearm, than work on getting all unlock on the long arms, side arms, ect.

I actually fell in love with the pp-19 in the first 3-4 kills, and nailed a first star on it very quickly.
P-90 on the other hand was painful to reach the first star, very painful because it's nowhere close to the real life counterpart.
UMP 45.. OH MY GOD, I was mowing people left and right with the burst fire mode, thats how the P90 should be like.
PDW-R was pretty nice, even nicer with the extended mags, but I wouldn't rely on the pdw-r too much.
VSS Val - Nowhere close to how powerful it was in BFBC2 (Plantiumed it), Really needs extended mags.

PP-2000, just a handful of kills or kit pickups... I have a feeling i am going to hate it like the P90.
MP-7, Don't believe I've really used it once, but I have a feeling it will be decent.

Honestly in the end, the moment I hit first star with the ump I was sad to drop it to move on to the next PDW.

Date of registration
: Jan 17th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2012, 9:36am

Here's an important stat (I would say vital), which is not listed:

Extended Mag capacity
Weapon .. Mag / Ext.mag

PP-19 ....... 55 / (none)

P90 ........... 50 / (none)

UMP-45 .... 25 / (none)

AS VAL ...... 20 / (none)

PDW-R ...... 20 / 30

PP-2000 ... 20 / 40

MP7 ------20 / 40

* (none) indicates a PDW that has no Extended Mag option.
~~~ General Electric ~~~

. . . . . FUSION: GENESIS . . . . .

• "Autosynthesis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, February 17th 2012, 12:14pm

Again thanks for the feedback guys!

On the PP-19; it does 16.7-9.1 damage whereas the P90 does 20-10. It has the same RoF, same full reload, longer empty reload and I believe it also has more spread increase per shot. The only advantage I forgot to mention is that it has faster recoil decrease, but because it has more spread and lower damage that ain't really going to help you much.

Gen, I have included Extened Mag capacity haven't I? Look at PDW-R, it says: 'Mag Size: 20 (30 with Extended Mags). I didn't add 'no extended mag' to weapons like the P90 though, perhaps I should.

Brock if you like the UMP the PP-2000 will probably be up you're street, as the guide says they're both very controllable but the PP-2K does better up close. BTW the UMP-45 Mastery dograg looks badass, go for the 500 mate!

I will be updating this guide when the new patch comes out; I don't want to go rewriting stuff I only just wrote! How the AS-VAL rebalance works out will be very interesting to see.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Date of registration
: Jan 17th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2012, 1:12pm

Quoted from ""Autosynthesis""

Gen, I have included Extened Mag capacity haven't I? Look at PDW-R, it says: 'Mag Size: 20 (30 with Extended Mags). I didn't add 'no extended mag' to weapons like the P90 though, perhaps I should.

OMG. You totally did. I missed it. (doh!)
Consider putting in a separate line for Ext.Mags..

- Example -

MP7
Rate of Fire (RPM): 950
Mag Size: 20
Extended Mag Size: 40

AS VAL
Rate of Fire (RPM): 900
Mag Size: 20
Extended Mag Size: n/a

I suggest this because, for me, having an extended mag (or not) is a deal maker/breaker. The p90 (with a 50 rd. mag) is the only PDW I'll run a suppressor on. 20 bullets just ain't cuttin' it, especially with sub-sonic rounds.
~~~ General Electric ~~~

. . . . . FUSION: GENESIS . . . . .

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2012, 11:17pm

Quoted from ""Autosynthesis""

Again thanks for the feedback guys!

On the PP-19; it does 16.7-9.1 damage whereas the P90 does 20-10. It has the same RoF, same full reload, longer empty reload and I believe it also has more spread increase per shot. The only advantage I forgot to mention is that it has faster recoil decrease, but because it has more spread and lower damage that ain't really going to help you much.

Brock if you like the UMP the PP-2000 will probably be up you're street, as the guide says they're both very controllable but the PP-2K does better up close. BTW the UMP-45 Mastery dograg looks badass, go for the 500 mate!

I will be updating this guide when the new patch comes out; I don't want to go rewriting stuff I only just wrote! How the AS-VAL rebalance works out will be very interesting to see.

Yea the PP 2K went pretty fast, I actually didn't notice I got a star on it 28 kills over lol.

Just down to using the MP7, and it feels like VAL honestly.

• "Autosynthesis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, February 18th 2012, 12:29pm

Quoted from ""Brock 5amson""

Yea the PP 2K went pretty fast, I actually didn't notice I got a star on it 28 kills over lol.

Yeah it's my personal favourite, the low recoil and Iron sights are awesome for me. Great gun for hopping between D/C on Caspian I find (well same with all PDWs really).

Also I'm thinking, once the new patch is out and I've rewritten & extended some of this shall I just disband this thread and post each indidual weapon guide in the weapon reviews section?
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 18th 2012, 2:36pm

It's pretty nice having everything PDW related in one mega awesome thread so you don't have to search endless hours for a good guide hehe. I honestly don't really read guides, or manuals, but statistics, and known bugs are a given.