Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:47. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 9:07am

Re: A better player by at least 33%...

Quoted from ""dragonfury""

One thing that's quite overlooked is fresh air. You need a good oxygen supply in order to play well. Just try gaming in an unventilated space vs gaming when you have a window or something wide open.

Oh yeah... When I reeeeeeeally get into it, I sometimes forget to breathe... Don't do that... :| Fresh air itself... Naw.. Overrated... But air as a whole, definitely necessary.

And while on that subject, sometimes I also forget to blink in a loooooong time. And when you finally do blink, you get incapacitated for quite some time...

Haven't had much of that in BF3 though, only forgot to breathe once so far.. But in more fast paced FPS, blinking is starting to become a problem ;o

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Dec 15th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 6:19pm

Quoted from ""DosMetros""

120hz monitor and everything on low to get 100+ fps

We have a winner here. If you haven't played at 120 fps, you have no idea what you are missing. It gives you a HUGE advantage in CQC. Just drag a window back and forth quickly in Windows to see how bad your 60fps is for quick moving objects (ask yourself if that looks "smooth"). It looks smooth on 120hz monitors and does not flicker. I would love to be able to buy a 240hz monitor because even 120hz is missing some perceivable frames IMO. You can't image how much smoother the free look is at 120fps and how much easier it is to quickly acquire and aim at targets when you get more than 3 frames to see their movements/trajectory.

I have the old Samsung 120hz, 22" monitor at 720P (1st 120hz monitor released). It is IMO the perfect gaming monitor because the lower resolution helps your GPUs push the higher refresh. I get about 100-110fps on Xfire 5850s in BF3. Bigger monitors do not help your game that much because your eyes can only focus on a small area.

120hz is like broadband or SSDs. Once you try it, you will never go back.

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2012, 9:12am

A relaxed mind and mouse hand is necessary. Try not to tense up and aim smoothly instead of being in hurry. You will be faster in the end. Mindset is another big factor. Take it easy and have fun rather than being too serious about scoring.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 12:14am

Quoted from ""MegaMoule""

[...]However I find this very relevant. I'd rather play a pleasing looking game than be 1% more efficient.

This, and like most other people I do recommend wires, for internets, mouse, keyboard and headset. For speed/stability/not having batteries die on you in the middle of a game.

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 19th 2012, 1:28am

This is one trick most folks don't know about, at all.

I use this on the 360, and it is noticeable with slow, and fast connections.

Setting up a custom DNS, "Domain Name Server" to Google's DNS.
In your Xbox Network configuration
I actually noticed faster dashboard loading, and in-game connection is a lot faster aswell when not having to deal with your ISP's overdrawn DNS.