Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:47. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 5:17pm

Re: A better player by at least 33%...

Quoted from ""twentyonemile""

Quoted from ""xenupy""

full hd and Full brightness in screen. Reset router/modem before you start. you should be close to the screen. you shouldnt have any obstacles near your mouse and alot of space for your hand to move. you should have a dot in the center of the screen (like a little sticker cross or circle) to help you aiming from the hip. You should have a smart key binding to your mouse and dongle/keyboard.

well... so many little things that make the difference...

Wow thats a lot of prep! Do you dress in full camo uniform to enhance the experience too?! -x)-

Good tip on the sticker idea.

yeah - I got my Fire resistant multicam ACU on, my Blackhawk aircrew nomex gloves, my boonie hat, a pair of oakleys, and a pair of Rocky boots. and I'm also wearing a Condor QPC armor vest with IIIa panels and level 3 SAPI plates. attached to that I have 6 full 30 round 5.56mm rifle mags, 3 loaded 9mm pistol mags, My handgun in a tactical thigh rig, and an Individual First aid kit strapped to my vest, a full 70 ounce Camelback bladder

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 5:27pm

Quoted from ""Aenonar""

Quoted from ""twentyonemile""

Playing Drunk?

Playing drunk makes everything 200%+ more fun, though the skill usually drops by 10-100%

I often seem to excell when I'm stoned. I also tend to play more wreckless so yeah that adds to the fun. Rambo-style rushing in Metro on HC type fun
14:19 KingSix: when you are peeing too much Haemoglobin, THAT's a serious issue
14:20 KingSix: ..
14:20 ToTheSun: chat killed

Date of registration
: Jan 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 5:44pm

[list]Wired connection is REQUISITE.

Comfortable keyboard / mouse. Wired is REQUISITE.

Proper desk work posture

Framerate. If you have to minimize resolution and graphics quality settings, make it happen. 30+ is requisite, 60+ if you can do it.

Minimize audible distractions around you. Close the door, close the windows, turn off the TV, quiet the children, whatever. This one affects me the greatest and my biggest obstacle in my house, with 2 kids and a dog.

Take the time to perfect your key bindings / mouse sensitivity. Don't just "adjust" to whatever's set. Keep tweaking until it's perfect. This game allows you to modify anything you want to get your settings 100% comfortable.

Eliminate mouse acceleration. Turn off mouse acceleration and "mouse smoothing" in Windows, turn on "Raw Mouse Input" in BF3. There's a full tutorial on Youtube, linked somewhere in the forum.[/list]

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 5:48pm

also a decent monitor and adjusting brightness/contrast settings without the room's lights but with some candles placed behind the monitor/desk. the candles are essential people.
14:19 KingSix: when you are peeing too much Haemoglobin, THAT's a serious issue
14:20 KingSix: ..
14:20 ToTheSun: chat killed

Date of registration
: Jan 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 6:11pm

Quoted from ""Trippalhealicks""

[list]Eliminate mouse acceleration. Turn off mouse acceleration and "mouse smoothing" in Windows, turn on "Raw Mouse Input" in BF3. There's a full tutorial on Youtube, linked somewhere in the forum.[/list]

No, I disagree with this. I can't play without mouse acceleration on.

Date of registration
: Feb 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 7:50pm

Track Ball

I can't play on the PC without one. And learning to use one, after just a few days of using the track ball i was doing noticeably better than I did with a regular gaming mouse. downside is you have to wipe it out literally between every match or it starts to stick a lot :\
I'm too cool for a signature.

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 10:33pm

Umm.
PC: Check
Comfy chair:Check
Can of energy drink:Check
Insane Friends on skype:Check

Let the gaming commence.
POI~

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 10:58pm

OP: yeah, i don't fuck with wireless at all if i can help it, but especially not when gaming.

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 8:19am

I found my game performance to be considerably better when I am at Level 2 drunk
That means on our scale I have to disable 2 senses to be able observe world reliably.

It allows me to incredibly focus on anything I do [my friends suspects me when we play Dominion while I am drunk that I am cheating and not drinking cause my win rate go up -:P- ]

Bbetter mouse pad and clean mouse helps a lot.
Also not to hard but not too soft keyboard - just right bouncy one [I bought my G18 Logitech almost 3 years ago from bargain bin at 15€ and it still works like new]

I am using headphones for sound [Roccat Kave 5.1 Hardware sorround + Asus Xonar DG1 = 75€ for great sound, its less than most creative sound cards :)]

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 6:22am

One thing that's quite overlooked is fresh air. You need a good oxygen supply in order to play well. Just try gaming in an unventilated space vs gaming when you have a window or something wide open.

For the rest?
60+ fps, no aim acceleration (Some people play with it though), decent (wired) internet/mouse. Stable and comfortable (supported) mouse arm.

Also make sure to not set your sensitivity too high, as in Battlefield, you'll rarely have to do 180 degree spins to shoot somebody (If somebody gets the jump on you you're dead.) and you'll be fighting at longer ranges sometimes.