Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:47. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

• "Sokolovac" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 11:16am

I am honestly dissapointed in battlefield.

This game, well what can I say about it.

Its oatmeal, (bland, lacks variety.)

Now many of you may be asking *gasp* Soko you have 120 hrs in BF3 and you moderate a forum dedicated to BF3!
Well, I have recently had an epithamy, I remember to the time when I did training with the air-force where we were trained how to properly reload a bullpup assault rifle (Austeyr AUG) and I realised while playing with the L85 how wrong DICE Have got it. In BF3 we assume you are a soldier right? well then how the hell am I supposed to believe that a TRAINED SOLDIER will reload a bullpup assault rifle sideways, when I assume all the militaries teach it to be done properly, gun pointing upwards braced against the shoulder and you pop the mag in. This isn't the only gun to have that issue, its with all the bullpups.

While I'm on the issue of reload lets get onto the MP7, when the Mp7 is reloaded IRL the magazine slides out, so you can quickly put a new one in. I had learned with an MP9 to let the mag slide out and pop a new one in. I practised this method lots and I managed to be able to reload before the mag hit the ground. No in BF3 he holds the Mag release and Pulls the magazine out? How does that work?

Or the AK reloads, where instead of reloading liek he does with the aek he does it as if hes on vacation.

Also on a similar topic. Its a well known fact that barrel length corresponds with bullet velocity which corresponds with damage. Then why do weapons with massively varying barrel lengths have the same damage and the samedamage drop off? Why is it that using an F2000 is the same as using the M16? The game should have more variety introduced in the way weapons are handled and the way that the weapons work, making you feel like a trained soldier is part of the game.
POI~

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 11:32am

Re: I am honestly dissapointed in battlefield.

Cause realism sucks, simple as that :)

Game play and balance > realism any day all day

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 11:36am

I totally understand. Its not realism I am looking for its authenticity, how can you believe its authentic if that's happening. I would hate for it to turn into arma or CoD, but even in BFBC2 they had this stuff.
POI~

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 11:45am

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/6fcCaIOgB-U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/6fcCaIOgB-U</a><!-- m -->"
Min 01:26

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/VDW-IMJIhLU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/VDW-IMJIhLU</a><!-- m -->"
Min 01:00

The way BF3 shows it is the way I learned it.
XBOX Gametag: Kool Snaip
PTFO!

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 11:57am

I was trained with the Aug, point gun vertically and reload like that. But I mean they could have a mix of the 3 different types of reloading just to make it different.
POI~

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 3:04pm

Lots of other things are not very realistic.

Why is the reload of some bullpup like the Famas and KH2002 so slow?
A 5.56 round from an assault rifle travels at 950m/s not 650m/s and does not slow significantly within 100m
The M416 is a carbine with a much shorter barrel than M16 and should belong to engineer class
The A91 is an assault rifle that should belong to assault class
It takes 7 shots or 4 headshots to kill a person with a 5.56 round from an M4 carbine at just 50m? Seriously?
A heli or a jet surviving a direct hit from a tank shell?
The As Val with its tiny barrel and subsonic ammo more accurate than any 5.56 assault rifle?
Tanks having a hard time going up 10deg slopes, behaves like theres no suspension going over rough terrain and spinning out at the slightest turn
Fully equipped soldiers dashing and jumping around at insane speeds and changing direction on a dime.
Stationary AT and RPG shooting rounds that travel like 10% the speed of the real thing.
Grenades that cannot be cooked
Claymores and mines that cannot be triggered by friendlies

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 3:46pm

Cool, this is now a thread about how unrealistic BF3 is.

My contribution:
When you get killed you shouldn't be able to respawn.

Date of registration
: Feb 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 4:45pm

If i played battlefield 3 for realism, I'd play Operation Flashpoint: Red River

just my two cents
I'm too cool for a signature.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 5:28pm

Quoted from ""Amateur-Russian""

Lots of other things are not very realistic.

Why is the reload of some bullpup like the Famas and KH2002 so slow?
The M416 is a carbine with a much shorter barrel than M16 and should belong to engineer class
The A91 is an assault rifle that should belong to assault class
A heli or a jet surviving a direct hit from a tank shell?
The As Val with its tiny barrel and subsonic ammo more accurate than any 5.56 assault rifle?
Fully equipped soldiers dashing and jumping around at insane speeds and changing direction on a dime.
Stationary AT and RPG shooting rounds that travel like 10% the speed of the real thing.
Grenades that cannot be cooked

Yeah well... If you're going for realism:

1. Bullpup weapons are quite awkward to reload... A lot of weapons should really have longer reload times...
2. Barrel length isn't really that important
3. Well... The difference between "assault rifles" and "carbines" is near 0 these days...
4. Uh... They don't? Though IRL they definitely can survive substantial damage... Just look at bombers in WW2, wings, tails, noses, big shunks of aircrafts missing but they can still make it back home.
5. caliber and subsonic ammo doesn't automatically mean worse accuracy.. Tolerances and shape of ammo have way more impact.
6. You can run pretty fast with full gear on, though definitely not infinite like it is now...
7. They are pretty slow IRL, but they're definitely not at 10%... It's more to help you aim it in game, although it might be better with the real speed...
8. Grenades has ~4 second fuses.. It's a pretty bad idea to cook them IRL. It might be 3 seconds, maybe 5 seconds, maybe even instant... You don't want that anywhere near you when it goes off as it's way way more dangerous IRL...

To the main point, I honestly expected more from BF3, especially since they advertised it as being very realistic and massive destruction. But a lot of things is just plain wrong and stupid... They could have done it far far better easily, but still keeping it in the "game" world...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 5:31pm

Quoted from ""DosMetros""

Cool, this is now a thread about how unrealistic BF3 is.

My contribution:
When you get killed you shouldn't be able to respawn.

I was about to say that too.

One thing I really find annoying and hasn't been present since the first BF are (short) animations when you enter or leave a vehicle. Especially in the attack heli's it's just awkward that you instantly teleport in the cockpit.
14:19 KingSix: when you are peeing too much Haemoglobin, THAT's a serious issue
14:20 KingSix: ..
14:20 ToTheSun: chat killed