Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:47. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Feb 14th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 3:12am

Re: The spotting system

Even if I get a spot you lose it to fast.

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 17th 2012, 8:08pm

Quoted from ""pjman""

When inside a tank, helicopter as gunner, etc. it's impossible for me to spot. No matter what I try. (I did rebind the spotting key btw, no idea if that's connected.)

Just a quick update for anyone with similar problems. Rebinding the spotting key actually worked for me for infantry, only not for vehicles. So I tried the obvious thing I hadn't thought of before, and indeed:

Infantry - my key of choice
Vehicles - Q

My solution was to use the software of my mouse to assign Q to my mouse-key #5. And tada, I can finally spot inside vehicles smoothly with my own key setting (not using Q anyway, it's actually unbound inside the game settings).

So in essence: seems rebinding only works for infantry, for vehicles it retains the original Q.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 18th 2012, 1:03am

You know there's a tool to fix some of the game's shortcomings like the spot key bind?
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/settings-editor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/settings-editor/</a><!-- m -->