Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:47. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Orion" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, February 13th 2012, 3:50am

The spotting system

I don't know about you, but this thing is more miss than hit for me when I press Q. I can see a tank 20 meters in front of me, spamming Q like crazy, it still won't light up. Don't get me started on soldiers. Be it on foot, MAV, plane, chopper, tank...

Yet sometimes I spot their whole damn team with one button press. and they light up like Christmas trees. :)

It worked near perfectly on BC2 for me, but BF3 is giving me grief.

So what gives? Could it be lag? Are there special "rules" in the game code regarding spotting that I'm not aware of?

Opinions? Suggestions? Your experiences?
"I can imagine a perfect world. A word without violence. Without armies. Without war.
And I can imagine us attacking that world because they would never expect it."

Date of registration
: Dec 27th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2012, 5:00am

Re: The spotting system

I haven't tested, but I'm pretty sure there is an "overheat" on spotting to prevent spam spotting to locate people through smoke and cover etc. If you press it too many times than people will no longer be able to be spotted for a short time until it cools down again. After that you can continue. I'm not sure if that's your problem, but I've had issues with that before.

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2012, 5:01am

Quoted from ""Orion""

I don't know about you, but this thing is more miss than hit for me when I press Q. I can see a tank 20 meters in front of me, spamming Q like crazy, it still won't light up. Don't get me started on soldiers. Be it on foot, MAV, plane, chopper, tank...

Yet sometimes I spot their whole damn team with one button press. and they light up like Christmas trees. :)

It worked near perfectly on BC2 for me, but BF3 is giving me grief.

So what gives? Could it be lag? Are there special "rules" in the game code regarding spotting that I'm not aware of?

Opinions? Suggestions? Your experiences?

Agree. The spotting system sucks. It's probably because you cant spot through trees and all that stuff anymore but even out in the open it wont work sometimes.
In the beta you got a beep whenever you "overheated" the spotting tool, that was actually kinda cool, don't know why the took it out again.
I also keep opening the comm-rose while spotting which gets me kiiled from time to time.

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2012, 5:40am

Yeah, I think the spot-limit is 4. Not a big fan of the 3D spotting system, personally.

Quoted from ""FunkyReapa""

In the beta you got a beep whenever you "overheated" the spotting tool, that was actually kinda cool, don't know why the took it out again.

Oddly enough, it's vestiges are still in co-op, IIRC.

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, February 13th 2012, 7:24am

Quoted from ""english""

Yeah, I think the spot-limit is 4. Not a big fan of the 3D spotting system, personally.

Quoted from ""FunkyReapa""

Oddly enough, it's vestiges are still in co-op, IIRC.

welcome to symthic.com buddy :D
POI~

Date of registration
: Jan 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2012, 9:00am

I just wish it would spot properly: spot the guys you can see and don't spot the guys you can't. If someone else spots, don't show the 3D triangle behind cover if you can't see them. HC is too limited and SC is too "christmas tree".
Sometimes a guy needs MVP and a 5:1 ratio, sometimes he just wants to fly jets under bridges ...

• "Orion" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2012, 11:59am

I get they don't want people to spam it, but personally I think the "cooldown timer" is a bit too long and it shouldn't exist when you're flying a MAV.

So many times I literally fly the MAV on top of a guys head hitting Q like a spaz and no red triangle. Such BS. :D
"I can imagine a perfect world. A word without violence. Without armies. Without war.
And I can imagine us attacking that world because they would never expect it."

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2012, 1:24pm

oh good I thought it was just me.
How the hell did I get a sniper as my top weapon?

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2012, 1:28pm

I don't know how it is on the PC, but on the XBOX 360, whenever you press the spot button too much there's a faint 'radio click' noise. I'm sure it's not the noise from actual radio communications.

The spotting system works fine for me; I rarely ever have 'misfire' for the spotting tool :D

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2012, 4:07pm

Quoted from ""Sokolovac""

welcome to symthic.com buddy :D

Thank you, kind sir.