Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

• "Aenonar" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 5:15pm

Attachment Combinations - Numerical Benefits

So, this goes hand in hand with Foregrip and heavy barrel: Best friends forever But rather than pictures or gain % no one really seem to understand, here are the numerical accuracy of the combinations.. Basically, if you put your crosshair on the target and have perfect recoil management (as in, no vertical and normalized horizontal recoil), how likely are you to hit the target, sort of.

This doesn't take into consideration of adjusting horizontal drift because it happens too fast for the human eye and brain to respond appropriately. So this is is as if a robot was programmed to pull down and right/left etc exactly the same every time exactly like a human would, except in the players imagination/wet dreams of badassness.

The charts lists the maximum bullet deviation from the original point of aim - recoil management. First shot is only spread and the next adds in recoil and spread increase. The charts also take ADS movement speed into consideration.

Or as a formula:
((spread * movement speed) + ((recoil + spread increase) * (bullet - 1)))

Here's a visual representation of the calculation with a gun that has:
0.2 vertical recoil (only for the sake of the picture, all vertical recoil is removed for the calculations because of recoil compensation),
0.4-0.4 horizontal recoil (or 0.2-0.6, etc. Only half of the total is interesting because of recoil compensation)

Second pic also shows a spread increase of 0.1.

Will fill in with more weapons along with a chart of angles at various distances. Turns out using excel will be the easiest way to display and update the chart so will scrap the program I made ;o

Added in ROF/max/min damage along with Max/Min DPS to the spreadsheet and added in a formula which gives an indication of accuracy per ROF as well as factoring in max and min DPS to that (no ranges, too messy in the current charts... Just imagine the Max value is under ~8 meters and Min value is at ~75-100 meters+) Basically, the higher number the better, and the higher chance you have of putting more bullets/damage into your enemy at any range.

Quite interesting really since the AK-74M got a higher score than the AEK-971, simply because it is more accurate. However, in a pure spray fight close quarters the accuracy is not going to matter much, so the AEK would still win... But still quite interesting.

ROF value:
(1 / 3rd round accuracy) * ROF
and Max/Min value:
(1 / 3rd round accuracy) * DPS

Having 1 divided by the accuracy just to make it an increasing number instead.

Assault Rifles

Spoiler Spoiler

If hip-firing: Laser.

AN-94: : Hbar
G3A3: FG+Hbar or only Hbar if firing on the move

Rest: FG+Hbar

Carbines

Spoiler Spoiler

Hip-firing: laser.

ADS: FG+Hbar

QBZ-95B: Laser + HB

Light Machineguns

Spoiler Spoiler

Hip-firing: laser.

ADS: FG+Hbar
Belt fed: FG+Suppressor

Flash suppressor is pretty poor on the belt feds.. Except for the LSAT it doesn't give any bonuses to the uncounterable stats so you might just as well pick the extended mags. The only benefit it has over the suppressor is no damage range reduction and no suppression penalty.

As for a comparison between the 3 big ones:

3rd round accuracy (standing, overall the same difference)

#1: M60E4 1.14
#2: PKP Pechneg 1.54
#3: M240B 1.74

However, in terms of ROF:

#1: M240B 650rpm
#2: PKP Pechneg 600rpm
#3: M60E4 580rpm

Sniper Rifles

Spoiler Spoiler

SKS: FG+Hbar

Semi:
Hip-firing: FG+Laser
ADS Stationary: FG+Supp else only FG + random
ADS Moving: Supp or nothing/random

SV98: Suppressor
Other bolt: Laser (Suppressor doesn't boost your accuracy whatsoever, except vertical recoil which is pretty pointless)

Personal Defense Weapons

Spoiler Spoiler

AS VAL: Extended mags (If you're going to hip fire a lot, just pick something else really... M5K got same size mag but better on everything except long range damage and stationary ADS accuracy.)

Rest: Laser + Supp or only laser if you're only going to hip fire (which is then almost as good as ADS, only moving hip is a bit higher than ADS hip.) And always move when you ADS, identical accuracy to stationary but 75% movement speed.

Shotguns?

Pistols?

Used Updated full attachment chart for most of the attachments, so it's Cheapnubs fault if the attachments stats are wrong :P

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

This post has been edited 23 times, last edit by "Blue Panda" (Aug 12th 2013, 1:11am)

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 5:29pm

Shouldn't you use the actual values that take into account ADS movement speed?

This post by "Neger" (Sunday, March 10th 2013, 5:34pm) has been deleted by user "Blue Panda" (Sunday, March 10th 2013, 6:33pm)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 6:17pm

Shouldn't you use the actual values that take into account ADS movement speed?

Hmm, I guess I could do that instead yeah, need to re-enter all the numbers to excel anyways.

Thinking about adding in the flash suppressor and silencer as well, loads of combinations :>

Quoted

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 6:20pm

man..it hurts to see how close the m416 is to the m16a4..

anyhow, this is some great work sir. Absolutely amazing.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 9:07pm

Alright, updating the chart with movement speed..

Also added more attachment combinations for a total of:
Foregrip
H-Barrel
FG + HB
Flash Supp.
FG+FS
Suppressor
FG+Supp.
FG+Laser

Edit: There we go :>

Quoted

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aenonar" (Mar 10th 2013, 9:21pm)

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 11:19pm

@aenonar
Why did you include the fsup? It doesn't affect spread or horizontal recoil at all, exact same result as default (or, with fg+fsup, same as fg only)

But aeno, can you give us an explanation of exactly how you calculated these numbers? Im curious

also, are you okay with sending me the excel file? I'm highly interested in experimenting a bit with this, especially for putting it in my BSH-charts (if you wouldn't mind me using your info to make my charts more accurate. you'll be creditted)

On a note: im surprised how the foregrip -still- helps with a normal suppressor, even on the lowest-recoil weapons. It's like...like...dice actually *GASP*... calculated it through :|

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, March 11th 2013, 7:53am

@aenonar
Why did you include the fsup? It doesn't affect spread or horizontal recoil at all, exact same result as default (or, with fg+fsup, same as fg only)

But aeno, can you give us an explanation of exactly how you calculated these numbers? Im curious

also, are you okay with sending me the excel file? I'm highly interested in experimenting a bit with this, especially for putting it in my BSH-charts (if you wouldn't mind me using your info to make my charts more accurate. you'll be creditted)

On a note: im surprised how the foregrip -still- helps with a normal suppressor, even on the lowest-recoil weapons. It's like...like...dice actually *GASP*... calculated it through :|

Fsupp affects hip spread.. Although it's as useless as ever for increasing accuracy.. fuck it :>

And it's just ((spread * movement speed) + ((recoil + spread increase) * (bullet - 1))), with attachment multipliers tossed in for each.

Basically it works like this: (planning on making a picture)

It's for the max deviation from the initial point of aim, so first shot is only the spread. Second shot is half the recoil+spread, 3rd shot is 2nd shot + another horizontal recoil, etc. Thanks to the predefined patterns of recoil however it's unlikely that you'd go to the extremities in one direction each time.. But meh, it still gives the idea of how good and useful the weapon will be with those attachments

(spread)
---Hrecoil------(spread+)
---Hrecoil---------Hrecoil------(spread++)
---Hrecoil---------Hrecoil---------Hrecoil------(spread+++)
---Hrecoil---------Hrecoil---------Hrecoil---------Hrecoil------(spread++++)

You can see all the formulas in the spreadsheet, although excel formulas are just damn annoying to read D;

You should also be able to download the spreadsheet.. Probably.. :>

Quoted

Date of registration
: Feb 29th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, March 12th 2013, 2:20pm

@ aeonar : why do you have bullets 4 and 5 listed for the burst weapons? Shouldn't they reset after the 3rd shot?

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Tuesday, March 12th 2013, 2:39pm

@ aeonar : why do you have bullets 4 and 5 listed for the burst weapons? Shouldn't they reset after the 3rd shot?

pretty sure he just kept on 'firing' in his charts, implying the normal statistics still counted. Besides, you CAN make burstfire-rifles settle into full-auto