Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:47. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Shifty" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, February 9th 2012, 7:11am

Re: Experienced jet pilots: What's your loadout & why?

First run using Stealth, ECM & Rocket Pods:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/20391563/1/327967700/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ba ... 327967700/</a><!-- m -->

Didn't turn out too bad at all -8D-
3 of those deaths were suicides too - damn lamp posts / cranes

Actually had about 20 more kills but the game crashed on me & I had to rejoin ->:[-

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, February 9th 2012, 9:39am

Air Radar
Extinguisher
Rocket Pods

Works brutally well on console with the lack of laser designation.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? £170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, February 9th 2012, 9:55am

Air radar - it's just too effective, despite being nerfed on objects behind you... I wish they added a full radar though, displaying vehicles and maybe soldiers as well... Would make aircrafts a helluva lot more useful so you wouldn't have to wait for your non-spotting team to spot targets for you.. Or do double runs just to find a new target...

Flares - Starting to get better at dodging, but if flares is at cooldown and dodging fails you're instantly disabled... Thinking about switching to ECM, maaaaaybe extinguishers, though they're just so weak after the patch...

Rocket pods - Only switch to guided if there's a laser, which there often isn't... Though not very satisfied with either one, but rocket pods have greater damage than guided and better approach options, as well as able to shoot at anything. Just random spraying into an area to track down targets or even choppers in flight... Though I love shooting down airplanes/choppers with guided missile... Feels so wrong that it's good... Instant almost undodgable kill, no disable - just killed. Rather than the useless heat seekers...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 9th 2012, 3:55pm

Quoted from ""Aenonar""

Air radar - it's just too effective, despite being nerfed on objects behind you... I wish they added a full radar though, displaying vehicles and maybe soldiers as well... Would make aircrafts a helluva lot more useful so you wouldn't have to wait for your non-spotting team to spot targets for you.. Or do double runs just to find a new target...

On that run I did last night I didn't miss Air Radar at all, which really surprised me.
Provided you or your teammates can spot enemy jets they still show up on the regular mini-map, even when they're behind you which air radar won't show.
Plus, it shows friendly jets which air radar doesn't (handy to avoid spacially unaware teammates) and also shows ground vehicles & infantry.

Stealth made a HUGE difference to my survivability when combined with ECM. It allows you to wait 4-5 seconds before popping the ECM, and by the time they can lock on again your ECM is pretty much recharged.
Honestly, the combination of the two seems a bit OP, but I won't complain :)

I really can't see myself switching loadouts any time soon (other than maybe switching up rocket pods & guided missiles) now that I've had a play around with that combo

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 9th 2012, 4:21pm

Air Radar - My airborne situational awareness is still somewhat lacking so I gotta use it. I've tried without it (used stealth) but lack of team spotting and other newbie pilots sneaking up on me told me to not drop it. You CAN drop it if you have a wingman that can cover air.

ECM Jammer - I've switched to this for two reasons. 1) It does the same damn thing as flares + saves you from javelins. 2) Insta invisibility from air radar which I've tested in a 2v1 dogfight. Managed to GTFO into more AA missile friendly territory to even the odds. ;) Be sure to hug the ground so they can't spot you.

Rocket pods - Infantry harassment and equipment destruction. I've started using them against choppers more.
&quot;I can imagine a perfect world. A word without violence. Without armies. Without war.
And I can imagine us attacking that world because they would never expect it.&quot;

Date of registration
: Feb 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2012, 9:14am

Proximity Scan: I use the big 'mini' map zoomed out to the max to view spots of enemy vehicles. Only the helicopters tend to escape my watchful eye because they can have very erratic flight patterns. Ground vehicles usually stick to roads and jets are pretty tame as long as they are not being chased. I do wonder if the Proximity Scan is really helping. When I first started using them I did feel like I could see a lot more vehicles on the map. Can someone confirm? Or am I better off with stealth? The map is my main weapon in jets since it lets me line up attacks.

ECM: I've just unlocked those so I wanted to check them out.

Rockets: The biggest drawback of the guided missiles is the view switch. I lose a lot of awareness when switching to the TV view, and the duration of locking makes you fly very straight for a pretty long time. Making you easy prey. Also the fact that it locks onto empty vehicles is a drawback.

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2012, 11:57am

If I had a choice, I'd definitely ditch proximity scan and take stealth. You become a faster MAV, nothing else. Thing is, a lot of people don't bother looking at the minimap so you're not doing much good in the grand scheme of things. As much as I hate to say it, think about your survival first, then your team when it comes to jets. :)
&quot;I can imagine a perfect world. A word without violence. Without armies. Without war.
And I can imagine us attacking that world because they would never expect it.&quot;

InternationalGamer

Always trust a Tork!

(1,398)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, February 13th 2012, 4:25pm

Air Radar: I think this is a must... for me at least. It is a must because if you don't have this and go into a dogfight, you can get really confused on where the enemy pilot is. Hell, sometimes I maneuver my plane by just looking at the Radar to get behind my enemy. You can tell how confused enemies get over the Air Radar, because they quickly break of trying to turn into you because they probably think you lost him too. Nothing seems to be useful as the Air Radar in its gadget slot. I guess it can be really annoying once a good pilot with Air Radar goes into a dogfight with you, because all you do it endless turns around each other.

IR Flares: I used the ECM Jammer and the Extinguishers, well I never found them as effective as the Flares, maybe it's because I hadn't used them properly or maybe I hadn't mastered them well as the flares.
Maybe I'll try the ECM Jammer too, to see how it is. I don't think the Extinguishers are useful at all, just because every pilot who used it against me just got disabled again and destroyed.

Guided Missile: The Heat Seekers are absolutely useless once you get used to the machine gun and all it takes a little bit of observation of how the machine gun acts and a bit of practice to master it, if you get a good aim on the jet, you will destroy that thing in a second. As for the rocket pods, I can see them being a really effective gadget if I can master them... but I didn't.
I use the Guided Missile on a tank, then, I turn over to my machine gun to disable him, or destroy him. This works really most of the time. And you guarantee a destroyed tank if you are in an A-10 or Su-25.
However, I am thinking of trying the Rocket Pods instead, since majority of the experienced pilots use the Rocket Pods, there must be something to it.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, February 13th 2012, 4:51pm

Quoted from ""InternationalGamer""

I use the Guided Missile on a tank, then, I turn over to my machine gun to disable him, or destroy him. This works really most of the time. And you guarantee a destroyed tank if you are in an A-10 or Su-25.
However, I am thinking of trying the Rocket Pods instead, since majority of the experienced pilots use the Rocket Pods, there must be something to it.

If you're in an A-10 of Frogfoot you might just as well only use the cannon, it's extremely efficient against armor.

The bonus of rocket pods instead of guided is that you can use them against any target, plus you can instantly follow up with the cannon since you're on the right approach angle already. Overall the rocket pods carries a bit more damage if you manage to hit with all of them

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2012, 5:04pm

Quoted from ""InternationalGamer""

Air Radar: I think this is a must... for me at least. It is a must because if you don't have this and go into a dogfight, you can get really confused on where the enemy pilot is. Hell, sometimes I maneuver my plane by just looking at the Radar to get behind my enemy. You can tell how confused enemies get over the Air Radar, because they quickly break of trying to turn into you because they probably think you lost him too. Nothing seems to be useful as the Air Radar in its gadget slot. I guess it can be really annoying once a good pilot with Air Radar goes into a dogfight with you, because all you do it endless turns around each other.

Over a week since I ditched air radar, and I still much prefer stealth.
I actually find the regular mini-map LESS confusing, as it shows exactly where you are in relation to enemy jets (as opposed to air radar which can make it look like you're behind them when they're actually behind you)
Freelook becomes much more important for situational awareness without the radar so I'm using that a lot more than I used to.
Plus, Stealth is just so damn useful with all the lock ons you get these days - particularly SOFLAM / CITV / ground AA

Had a couple of 15k point rounds in a row yesterday with this setup & had a blast.
At one point I had two jets with heatseekers, a heli with heatseekers, Ground AA with missiles plus 2-3 enemy infantry with Stingers all trying to shoot me down at once. Got pretty hectic with all the lock on & incoming missile beeps going on.
Not sure what the rest of my team was doing while I was dealing with all that, but we ended up getting spanked both times yet I still came out with MVP1

And yeah, if you're flying the ground attack jets just stick with the main cannon - it wrecks everything.