Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:47. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, February 10th 2012, 12:57pm

Re: USAS vs Mk3A1

I am on level 24 or something and the MK3A1 works perfect for me.
Ok, in BF2 the Jackhammer was more devestating, but it's still perfect for close quater combat, e.g. on the stairways on the Metro map next to Point A.

Since I am not playing so much and the way to unlock USAS takes quite a while.

Unlocking assignments when you go for it is a much easyier task than leveling.

Make sure you are very close enough and you can wipe out a whole squad (at least 3 soldiers in BF3).
Usually I go for Flechette and Mag+.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, February 11th 2012, 12:31am

This entire gun is broken.

1. Lower rate of fire than the USAS-12.
2. Longer reloading times than the USAS-12.
3. Nine pellets for buckshot and flechette rounds compared to the twelve pellets of almost every other shotgun (except for the M26 MASS which is also nine pellets).
4. Extended magazines give 14 rounds on PS3 and 11 on other platforms. This is getting patched to be 11 rounds on the PS3.
5. Despite the same accuracy stats, the Pancor Jackhammer is much less accurate than the USAS-12 (mostly noticed with Frag-12 rounds).
6. From the sounds of it, the suppressor apparently doesn't do a thing for the Pancor Jackhammer.
7. It doesn't even use the same reticle as the other shotguns.

As you can see, there are many problems with this gun.

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 11th 2012, 1:28am

Yeah MK3A1 is trash. I will say that I had fun unlocking it but was very disappointed by it.

As for comparisons the TRASH3A1 even on "semi" sucks. The first round is like a normal round but the second always seems to fly off to the side and the third is always high and so on, but that first round money. IDK GO USA...S

Date of registration
: Jan 17th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 11th 2012, 9:18pm

Quoted from ""Mellow""

I am on level 24 or something and the MK3A1 works perfect for me.

I didn't get this gun until I was Colonel 2 or 3. It was the dead last gun I unlocked.

The requirements for the assignment aren't necessarily hard, they're just hard to come by.
= Getting kills in a Jeep? OK, I can do that (You might have mentioned that it's the crappiest jeep in the game...)
= Getting kills in an LAV? I can do that. (Oh, I see... only this one specific LAV that only spawns for one team, on a very limited number of maps, and only under certain circumstances. I hope no one else takes it first!)
= 2 hours each on 2 obscure maps? That's do-able, I suppose. Oops... I just hit L45 while trying. USAS, here I come.
~~~ General Electric ~~~

. . . . . FUSION: GENESIS . . . . .

Date of registration
: Feb 12th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 12:26am

i actually prefer the MK3A1 over the USAS-12. its my favorite gun and i have almost 800 kills with it. yes it needs patched and fixed. But i have always wanted this gun to be in a first person shooter like battlefield and it finally is in a game i have. And to be honest I think the Mk3A1 does more damage when using frags than the USAS-12. I kill people in around 3 shots. i also have 30% accuracy with this gun.

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 1:41am

I don't see why they are nerfing the ammo from 14 to 11 on PS3. If anything, they should buff the other two consoles versions to make the MK3A1 a viable alternative to the USAS. USAS = High fire rate, high accuracy, so why not have a high ammo count, high bullet speed, low accuracy MK3A1?

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? £170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.