Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:47. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

• "Aenonar" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 5:07pm

USAS vs Mk3A1

Ok, this might belong in the general weapons thread, but the discussion has been going on in several threads and there's quite a bit of info coming which IMO shouldn't be lost in the middle of a giant thread. Plus, it also questions the stats on the charts since it's obviously not all as it should be....

A while ago I noticed how absolutely horrible the Jackhammers accuracy is compared to the USAS, despite that they have identical stats.

Proof? Here's some videos! (Yey, I finally got some video programs installed! Even though it's only free-mode 30 second fraps... Apparently I could probably have recorded at full res, thought the file size would eat me up so went half size.. But you can expect to see some more vids from me now I guess :o )

• First test, Single shot, Full auto, 2 round burst

USAS, HOLO, Extended mag, Frag round. Medium range firing west into building from Karkand B site roof.
    http://youtu.be/ZpRYBqrCF8I

Jackhammer, RDS, Extended mag, Frag round. Medium range firing west into building from Karkand B site roof.
    http://youtu.be/qKJnkhnzpKA

• Silenced version, not so quiet and not really any noticeable accuracy increase?

Jackhammer, RDS, SILENCER, Frag round. Medium range firing west into building from Karkand B site roof. And a few rounds towards warehouse at F.
    http://youtu.be/TMOXDF2eoXY

• Long range:

USAS, HOLO, Extended mag, Frag round. Long range From Karkand B roof towards warehouse at F.
    http://youtu.be/Y2ok90wfDvQ

Jackhammer, RDS, Extended mag, Frag round. Long range From Karkand B roof towards warehouse at F.
    http://youtu.be/KOd9-P5JYRE

• Finale: Trying to hit a building ~100 meters away. Probably the most conclusive test (had finally gotten used to fraps)

USAS, HOLO, Extended mag, Frag round. Medium range From Karkand B roof towards ramp at C.
    http://youtu.be/lHttX7KDR2A

Jackhammer, HOLO, Extended mag, Frag round. Medium range From Karkand B roof towards ramp at C.
    http://youtu.be/0ZuJXUtXjcg

And what you can see in the video basically sums up my feelings about the Jackhammer....

As you can see, the Jackhammers accuracy is crap in comparison to USAS. Plus it has only 9 buck/flechette pellets instead of 12 and only 1 extra shell. Plus, with extended mag they both have 11 shells! And the Jackhammer has little over 1 second longer reload on top of that.

As a tip from pbVeteran - http://alltoavi.sourceforge.net/download.php
This program is awesome for trimming down file sizes like Fraps uncompressed extreme 10mb/s format. It cuts down videos to about 20% of their original size. As in a 300mb video turns into ~50mb. Awesome.

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 5:49pm

Re: USAS vs Mk3A1

nice info... will test this later, i think in consoles this is more accurate, jackhammer feels more powered...

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 6:33pm

Lol about the silencer, I do remember a tweet from kertz when somebody was complaining about developers having silenced shotguns, ballistic scopes, ect (pre karkand) - "Yes, my shotgun has a silencer. No, it doesn't do anything." (Of course its deleted - what tweet by a DICE employee isn't, lol)

Your videos demonstrate very clearly that there is no reason to use the Jackhammer over the USAS-12 if you have them both unlocked - thanks for the info if I ever want to do some frag round playtime/I won't worry that I never unlocked the Jackhammer.

Date of registration
: Jan 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 10:46pm

I just went to look at the USAS's and Jackhammer's .sym files listed on this site and couldn't find spread data the way it's normally shown for rifles. I also specifically searched for the numbers Symthic's listed and couldn't find them in the file, so I'm not sure where Symthic has found the values he's listed for these shotguns. I don't have much time now, but maybe this is the same with the other shotguns.

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 10:50pm

I'll let it live for a day or so, but its going in gen. weapons later.
POI~

Date of registration
: Jan 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 8th 2012, 3:36am

Symthic's generic weapon's thread says it's for opinionated analysis, this is a raw data issue that requires more testing/decoding to be done, and apparently shows an error on the charts.
EDIT: and of course after I say this the next 3 posts delve into subjective analysis...

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, February 8th 2012, 7:37am

I don't know about you guys, but I run the Jackhammer at close range (so screw accuracy, it helps balance the gun/frag combo) and with extended mag, I get 14 shells over 11 from the USAS. I play on PS3 btw.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? £170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

Date of registration
: Jan 17th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 8th 2012, 8:21pm

Odd. I was *just* coming to the forums to start a similar thread. Impeccable timing.

Looking over the stats, I can't see any reason to use the MK3 over the USAS.
As noted, it takes almost 50% longer to reload. This would be tolerable if it had some other advantage, but instead, it fires fewer pellets per shell and has a lower RoF...

Well, at least it can equip a silencer... Oh wait. The silencer doesn't work. WTF?

Why does this gun even exist? Given the steep/awkward assignment requirements, I don't know anyone who was able to unlock it until they were well into their Colonel levels. If its near impossible (or at least unlikely) that you'll get this gun 'til well after you've got the USAS, why bother?

Or maybe here's a better question: Can the stats listed be right? Is there some other piece of information that we aren't seeing? As is, the MK3 sucks (and is the last gun you're likely to unlock)
~~~ General Electric ~~~

. . . . . FUSION: GENESIS . . . . .

Date of registration
: Feb 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 9th 2012, 3:21am

No wonder nobody uses the Jackhammer lol or it could also be the silly unlock requirements for it XD

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, February 9th 2012, 7:01am

I prefer it over the USAS actually. Feels cooler, plus I enjoy my 3 extra shots that no one else seems to have.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? £170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.