Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "twentyonemile" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 3:30pm

BF3 Subscription incoming?

Say it aint so Dice!...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bf3blog.com/2012/02/battlefield-3-to-get-paid-subscription-model/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bf3blog.com/2012/02/battlefield- ... ion-model/</a><!-- m -->

After 15 odd years of gaming theres a reason I've never strayed into MMO's (apart from the occasional free dabble). I can't bring myself to part with hundreds every year just for one game.

I really hope this isn't the way it goes...though I suspect it's EA's plan in which case it's quite likely.
I've personally flown over 194 missions... and I was shot down every one of them. Come to think of it, ...I've never landed a plane in my life!

On Battlelog I'm PhilTheForce-Z - Add me if you aren't a bushwookie.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 3:57pm

Re: BF3 Subscription incoming?

Greedy bastards in that case. It's already bad enough that you have to pay for new maps etc, which used to be free, or even fan made. But they're just killing off the community by not giving out map tools, and like this time, not even allowing people to set up their own servers...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 4:46pm

of course, unfortunately this is the way of the future. it's only a matter of time before most flagship titles follow this extremely successful, profit-maximizing model. i'll go so far as to pay for quality DLC for games i like, but i do not do "subscription" games. EA can eat a dick, i'd rather play quake.

Date of registration
: Jan 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 5:20pm

Very stupid if they decide to do this. COD pulled it off since they got such a huge base of possible suckers willing to pay for this. BF3's community although as vocal, is more pragmatic, and I seriously doubt anyone would shell up any money for this BS. And if they did, well they're either rich and got money to burn, or just don't know any better.

Date of registration
: Jan 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 8:55pm

They were talking more about the FIFA series, which sounds more believable to me. FIFA is the most popular sports game based on the world's most popular sport.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 10:32pm

While I don't claim to know anything about COD Elite, I would be fine to pay something for BF3. Providing the benefits make it worthwhile. I really only play BF so why not? I play it enough now to justify the expense. (BF3 is probably my number 1 or number 2 hobby, there are far more expensive hobbies out there!)
A pay as you go, or monthly fee is not something I would be interested in paying. But a once a year fee for added benefits seems reasonable to me.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, February 8th 2012, 12:08am

Fee to get more stuff? You mean like buying the Limited Edition versions of the games?
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 8th 2012, 12:54am

I'd go back to wow, sadly enough. If they think the community is vocal now, wait til people are paying a monthly subscription for their game. The feeling of entitlement that comes with paying monthly is huge. Dice has PROVED with bf3 that they cannot possibly handle a subscription-based game. I mean for gods sake, crosshairs still disappear in tdm, amongst many, many other things.

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 8th 2012, 2:15am

Quoted from ""reciprocate""

Very stupid if they decide to do this. COD pulled it off since they got such a huge base of possible suckers willing to pay for this. BF3's community although as vocal, is more pragmatic, and I seriously doubt anyone would shell up any money for this BS. And if they did, well they're either rich and got money to burn, or just don't know any better.
Well I do play COD and BF3 and I did get COD ELITE, but the thing is that it's not required, there is a free version which still gives you all your stats and lets you join and create clans, etc., but buying COD ELITE does give you all the DLC for free (better than buying all the DLC, 60$ for all COD DLC bought separately, 50$ for one year of ELITE and all the DLC, I even got the Hardened Edition of the game so I got COD ELITE for 40$ so I kind of saved 20$ on DLC), while also giving all the bonuses of being ELITE (like early DLC, operations, leveling clans, etc.). I wouldn't mind if BF3 had a subscription if it was more like buying all the DLC instantly at a discount.

Sao

(680)

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, February 8th 2012, 2:48am

Exactly, they would not make bf3 pay-to-playm, too many people would migrate to pther games, loosing them more money in the process.

But if they made a competitive server list (for all platforms) in which you require teams to join and you can actually do ranked matches (that are not SQDRSH)

If they made that (plus free DLCs) I would subscripe in a heartbeat

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....