Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "oonderpantz" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, February 6th 2012, 2:48am

Jets more agile with rocket pods?!

seat of the pants says yes...

flew around for half a game with rocket pods equipped...
destroyed all comers with my cannon... except one really annoying attack chopper, just couldn't get a clean gun pass in on him.

equipped Air to air missiles to smoke the chopper (success, btw)

I had a harder time dealing with enemy jets there after, plane felt sluggish and less nimble. (same enemy pilots) slower to pull lead on them with the gun
switched back to rockets between games, continued dominating and plane felt more agile again.

is it in my head or has anyone else noticed this?

playing on a PS3

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, February 6th 2012, 8:46am

Re: Jets more agile with rocket pods?!

It's just your head, because with the A2A missiles, you develop a fly straight and lock mentality, but with rocket pods, you know you have to rely on your cannon.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? £170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

• "oonderpantz" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, February 6th 2012, 5:43pm

Quoted from ""Suiizide""

It's just your head, because with the A2A missiles, you develop a fly straight and lock mentality, but with rocket pods, you know you have to rely on your cannon.

you sure about that?

I rarely use ATA missiles (even when equipmed) I'm a gunfighter and always go for the "knife in a phone booth" approach when mixing it up in the furball, So I don't fly straight and lock even when they are mounted on my jet.

I swear with Rocket pods mounted the rate of roll and pitch response feel more "crisp"
almost like the plane is lighter...

it's easier to get inside someone's turn, pull lead and chainsaw them with the gun.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, February 6th 2012, 6:05pm

I usually fly with rocket pods, sometimes guided missiles. But if there's some extremely annoying enemy air/chopper I might sometime put on AA missiles... But in the end I've never used the missile and went for a gun kill instead. Never noticed any difference in agility... If anything you should have more agility with AA missiles... Both lighter than guided/rocket pods as well as more agility is necessary to get into locking position

Could very well be just in your head... Just the subliminal knowledge that you only have your gun to kill people makes you focus more, as well as the opposite "doesn't matter, I have AA missiles in reserve".

It's like if it's just another day I barely react to the alarm clock, but if it's something I want to do I might even wake up a minute ahead because my mind is more focused on getting up in time. I'm not doing it on purpose, it's just the mind doing it's job regardless of the circumstances. Got a bucket of rocks to kill dinner, lob away. Got one rock? Dead on accurate.

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again