Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Feb 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, February 6th 2012, 8:24am

Re: Suppressor damage drop

The jackhammer suppressor does nothing

Date of registration
: Feb 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 6th 2012, 12:55pm

Ah, thanks. It must just be the bullet speed drop combined with the shoddy netcode that makes it feel like it takes more shots to kill.

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Monday, February 6th 2012, 2:10pm

Quoted from ""Mako""

Ah, thanks. It must just be the bullet speed drop combined with the shoddy netcode that makes it feel like it takes more shots to kill.

I know when I slap on a supressor I have the tendency to spray more due to the lower recoil. This in turn wastes ammo making it seem to take more rounds to kill. Additionally the slower bullet speed does make hitting moving targets more difficult at ranges outside of 30m or so. When I slap the HBar back on I actually kill faster/with few rounds just due to the fact that you have to have trigger discipline in order to get rounds on target.

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 6th 2012, 3:36pm

Great. Thanks for the info. That is quite a significant drop. Effectively making an assault rifle as weak as a carbine.

This means the As Val is actually extremely op as it has more damage than any other silenced AR at a distance and has zero base spread + low recoil. At close range the high fire rate makes up for the lower damage.

Date of registration
: Feb 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 6th 2012, 4:09pm

Quoted from ""OzzDOA""

Quoted from ""Mako""

I know when I slap on a supressor I have the tendency to spray more due to the lower recoil. This in turn wastes ammo making it seem to take more rounds to kill. Additionally the slower bullet speed does make hitting moving targets more difficult at ranges outside of 30m or so. When I slap the HBar back on I actually kill faster/with few rounds just due to the fact that you have to have trigger discipline in order to get rounds on target.

Actually, I don't have a problem when I'm running with my M27 IAR suppressed. I always habitually burst fire from playing AAO. It's just when I'm playing recon with a semi-auto using it as a battle rifle that the suppressor gives me trouble. I can hit far more reliably without it, but then I show up as a big "Shoot me!" sign on the minimap.

Also, I'm talking about close range. Like <20m. I can get off 2-3 shots with the QBU-88 or MK11 MOD suppressed, get hit markers for each shot and yet when the guy I'm shooting at kills me, killcam says they only took maybe 50 damage.

Sometimes it feels like the other guy kills me before my client realizes it and most of the shots are nullified as if I'm considered "dead" before I actually die. Kind of like how you die after having dived behind cover and think you're safe.

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, February 6th 2012, 4:19pm

Quoted from ""Mako""

Sometimes it feels like the other guy kills me before my client realizes it and most of the shots are nullified as if I'm considered "dead" before I actually die. Kind of like how you die after having dived behind cover and think you're safe.

This x10. It's still my biggest gripe with the game. I would guesstimate that about 10-15% of my deaths are erroneous or glitchy - at least from my point of view.

If I'm not dying from tripping over my own boot laces (Bad Luck) its getting one hitted from a guy I've already put 5 rounds into/taken cover from. (He invariably has 100 health)

It's the only thing that makes me want to rage!
I've personally flown over 194 missions... and I was shot down every one of them. Come to think of it, ...I've never landed a plane in my life!

On Battlelog I'm PhilTheForce-Z - Add me if you aren't a bushwookie.

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, February 6th 2012, 7:14pm

Quoted from ""Mako""

yeah i swear this happened to me the other day, in fact i think i even saw some fishiness with the little health bar above his head (i.e. it dropped then went back up because my last shot or two didn't count because i was already dead). not 100% sure though, i'll have to go back and see if i recorded video of it.

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 3:04am

I get that problem quite often too, but i actually wonder if it's just some delay and i have been dead all the time and while i was dead i was not actually shooting any bullets and not getting any hitmarkers.
If that's the case i dont care because it's fair, but if i actually hit the guy with some bullets and he just turns around and ohk me, i'm pretty mad about that.
Anybody knows if the lag is really affecting you and your reactions? Or is it just an "illusion"?

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 3:10am

Thanks for this info. My M39 will have a silencer permanently strapped to it now on the smaller to medium maps. With an accuracy update coming it just gets better and better for my favourite gun.
I feel your pain guys. My nearest Xbox server is 1000 miles away in Australia. I frequently die well after I have turned a corner lol
Lag affect "you and your reactions" ? I would be inclined to agree sometimes. Playing on a US server 4000 miles away I can really tell the difference. My play feels slow and cumbersome.

Date of registration
: Feb 7th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 2:18pm

Quoted from ""A1pha""

Thanks for this info. My M39 will have a silencer permanently strapped to it now on the smaller to medium maps. With an accuracy update coming it just gets better and better for my favourite gun.
I feel your pain guys. My nearest Xbox server is 1000 miles away in Australia. I frequently die well after I have turned a corner lol
Lag affect "you and your reactions" ? I would be inclined to agree sometimes. Playing on a US server 4000 miles away I can really tell the difference. My play feels slow and cumbersome.

Could be worse, if standard server locations are followed for BF3, you're probably closer to the servers from NZ than I am in my own country due to living in Perth. :(

On topic, I'm in the Hbar camp these days.

I used to swear by the Suppressor for its improved accuracy and minimap stealth but the 'garden hose' effect of the increased bullet drop and reduced bullet speed, and the reduced damage at long range became a major Con that wasn't outweighed by the Pros for me.

I've been enjoying using the HBar with the F2000 lately to cheese the movement bonuses in combination with the HBar's accuracy bonus, while making sure that my fire is in controlled bursts due to the recoil penalty.
Plus it doesn't have the hip spread penalty (for now) of the Suppressor and the vertical recoil penalty is inconsequential inside 10-15m, imo.