Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "vvh00p" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 11:12pm

Patch Questions

Will the next patch actually address any of the real issues with the game? I.E. Loss of lock on tones in helicopter, no footstep sound whatsoever, loss of sound completely at times, splitting up of xbox live party when joining near empty servers, problems with quick match, semi-auto firing bug, and improving suppression to actually have it reduce a significant amount of accuracy versus other weapons aside from rifles with large scopes.
I could care less about gun balance (which from what I understand will be the focus of the next patch) but these other issues have been in place since the launch and it doesn't seem like they are getting any attention at all.
Anyone have any info about any of this? Thanks.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 11:23pm

Re: Patch Questions

The way you say this seems like the Famas isn't ruining the game.

What I'd like to know is when the patch'll come out for Xbox.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

• "vvh00p" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 11:26pm

The famas is fine, I would tone down frag rounds for gun balance but aside from that there are much worse problems that need fixing.
For the record I use the M16A3 over the famas.

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 3:26am

I'm with you on that - the M16A3 is my 'go-to' when I just want to dominate. Much better across wider ranges.
Frags def need a nerf - every Grand Bazaar/Op Metro/Nosh Canals CQ game I go into, I can guarantee that at least 30-40% of the players are running them in some gun or other - I would probably guess that 80% of those that are using frags will be with the USAS.
Semi-auto jamming needs to be fixed as well - can't wait for the AN-94 to actually be reliable!!

Sao

(680)

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 4:36am

The fact is there has not been a substansual update compared to the pc versions. Being an xbox player I actually prefer the game pre patch (I play it now and again) rather than post patch. Plus I have put in too many hours on BF2 that I am already bored solid with those maps!

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 10:07pm

Quoted from ""Sao""

The fact is there has not been a substansual update compared to the pc versions. Being an xbox player I actually prefer the game pre patch (I play it now and again) rather than post patch. Plus I have put in too many hours on BF2 that I am already bored solid with those maps!

I haven't played BF2 since probably...........2004? and I still dislike the Karkand maps a bit because of it. I can't imagine having continued to play it.

Date of registration
: Jan 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 11:00pm

I don't mean to sound like an elitist, because I'm certainly not, but DICE stated that they were planning to focus mainly on the PC version of the game. I guess it's unfortunate they're definitely living up to that promise.

Date of registration
: Jan 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 11:03pm

Quoted from ""Greenpants""

I haven't played BF2 since probably...........2004? and I still dislike the Karkand maps a bit because of it. I can't imagine having continued to play it.

I think the maps are absolutely great. They don't even feel the same, they're so much better looking. Throw in the aspect of destruction and it's like a different game. That being said, I absolutely can barely stand to play them somtimes, because of the mode not the maps, though. I can't stand starting off with one team having an advantage over the other. I usually end up on the team that gets completely shut out.

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 9:12am

Quoted from ""Trippalhealicks""

That being said, I absolutely can barely stand to play them somtimes, because of the mode not the maps, though. I can't stand starting off with one team having an advantage over the other. I usually end up on the team that gets completely shut out.

I dislike the conquest assault mode as well. It's like conquest for those who prefer rush. Since I prefer regular conquest, it feels like a waste of maps to choose between rush or conquest assault.

I've heard that it's possible to play regular conquest on those Karkand maps as well, but I've never seen it on any server I've been on. If it's true, I sure would like a conquest assault filter on Battlelog.

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 12:07pm

I agree with sounds needing a fix. Nothing more annoying than hearing a gunshot from 200m but fail to hear a hostile tank drive by right next to you.

Speaking of tanks, could someone enlight me on this little quirk? You get auto spotted when you fire a weapon unsuppressed. But how come a tank that fires his main cannon or the gunner firing his LMG does not spot the tank? Like I was hiding 10m away from the tank and it wouldn't show up on the map.

Generally I'm not too concerned about what needs changing accept the weapons. I'm still waiting on the bipod deployement fix for instance. And I'm not that bad of a shot but loosing out on a duel between me behind an LMG and a hostile ~100m away with a carbine that snipes me while I pour accurate bullets at him still puts me off.

And a slight decrease in the Jeep health. Often enough I shoot an RPG/SMAW at a jeep and I fail to even get a disable or kill, sometimes even hurt a passenger at all. And they just go their merry way as if I'm watching an episode of 'The A-Team'.