Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 31st 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 5:18am

Re: choice of firearms: influenced by aesthetics?

Quoted from ""TheFrontlinesman""

Picked up the M1911 today and I'm just using it because the sound is so awesome!

I used to use nothing but the 1911 Suppressed because of Metal Gear Solid 3 nostalgia, plus it has the coolest reload animation of all the handguns. I switched back to the G18 lately since I've finally settled on using weapons with lower rates of fire and higher accuracy, like the AN-94 and despite how much I hate the look of Glock's, the G18 is just too useful when paired with slower firing guns.

I also forgot to mention earlier that I don't use scopes on some weapons because of the aesthetics of the irons alone, even if I don't do as well with them. The SCAR-H, M4/M16, AKS-74u and the HK416 are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Wednesday, February 8th 2012, 2:37pm

There are exceptions in my Western-based preference: I don't think I ever used the FAMAS, for it being such a beast.
14:19 KingSix: when you are peeing too much Haemoglobin, THAT's a serious issue
14:20 KingSix: ..
14:20 ToTheSun: chat killed

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, February 8th 2012, 2:52pm

For me I like to look at guns every so often to decide what feels cool to me, I used to use primarily US guns.
Then I figured that since I was embraced Russian culture in real life that I began to see the AK platform guns as very "cool".
To me I just choose a weapon on aesthetics, see what it's good at through the stats and then just learn to use it to it's strengths in game. I'm sucked in by words such as "Spetsnaz" :P.

Top 0% for the M1014 apparently :D

C4 Mob Detonator

Quoted

16:21 Dice: Guys i got board and did some number crunhing
16:21 leroy_bishop: shoot dice, what do you have?
16:21 Dice: Guess what tthe top 30 posts hold in coust cout % wise?
16:22 leroy_bishop: eh?
16:22 J0hn: Dice> Guess what tthe top 30 posts hold in coust cout % wise?
16:22 Lt_Col_Jesus: Can you say that again?
16:22 J0hn: WUT
16:22 Lt_Col_Jesus: In english?
16:22 leroy_bishop: ENGRiSH PLOX
16:22 J0hn: LOOL
16:22 Dice: 0.84% of the registered users hold 46.45% of the posts
16:22 J0hn: THAT NEEDS TO BE IN SOMEONE'S SIGNATURE
16:22 leroy_bishop: xD