Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 29th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, February 5th 2012, 2:08am

Re: Secret nerf of semi-auto snipers

After some testing on my own the Snipers do not fire slower when in CQB. You're just panicking and firing too fast, which does as said above. It is also *possible* that when ironsighting, the rate of fire is increased, while firing from the hip has the rate reduced (or sticky trigger effect emphasized.)

But I know for a fact it has absolutely nothing to do with distance to the enemy. That's too difficult a calculation to do in any case; how does the game know which enemy nearest to the player is the one he's shooting? What if an enemy is beside the player and the player is shooting a target at 100m? It would be extremely difficult to code something properly like the OP mentioned simply due to the complications of user error.

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, February 5th 2012, 3:41am

Quoted from ""Sir-Stig""

Quoted

When I use the mk11 with holo sights, handle bar, and tact light, it doesn't seem to do "50" damage in CQB.

I would be 10-15 meters away from a guy, and I'd have to put 2-4 bullets into him for a kill.

makes sense to me, it will take a minimum of 2 at any distance barring a head shot, and after about 12 meters it drops off. if you aren't hitting centre mass you won't be doing full damage either. I haven't really noticed a change in ROF at different ranges though...

WOOPS! What I mean't to say was 3-4* bullets.

Date of registration
: Dec 29th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, February 5th 2012, 4:29am

In my experience you actually need to do MORE than 100% of hp damage to kill a target.
This is evident when you use a .44 Magnum on Hardcore, and shoot a target in the body at point blank: you deal 60 damage against 60 hitpoints. But the body shot does NOT kill, and if he dies by some other means you get an assist worth 100 points.

Strange. But I swear they currently have a flawed system for hitpoints; it should be <= 0 hitpoints is dead, not strictly < 0.

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, February 5th 2012, 1:46pm

Quoted from ""panzerjager1943""

when you use a .44 Magnum on Hardcore, and shoot a target in the body at point blank: you deal 60 damage against 60 hitpoints. But the body shot does NOT kill

That pisses me off soo much.

Date of registration
: Dec 27th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, February 5th 2012, 11:51pm

It's my understanding that the "jamming" or "misfiring" is due to the way the game handles the fire command. It only registers your fire command when the gun is actually ready to fire, meaning if your button presses aren't perfectly in sync with the actual guns allowed ROF you will seem to be shooting slower or jam. This is also noticeable with burst fire weapons as well as semi auto.

I'm pretty sure the next patch will be fixing this so that fire commands can actually be "queued" up.