Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jan 19th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 8:26am

Re: Secret nerf of semi-auto snipers

Quoted from ""Sao""

Its no bug.

I seriously doubt DICE implemented penalty for reducing rate of fire of certain guns due to 'realism.' I would bet money that every single one of the guns in battlefield would cycle much faster than i'd be pulling the trigger. You'd be able to bump fire these guns much faster than you could realistically repeatedly pull the trigger and they'd still be fine. If a modern semi-automatic rifle is malfunctioning because you're pulling the trigger too often then you either have a superhuman trigger finger or an improper/worn out mainspring.

If this was a real balancing factor it would be stupid (since a mouse-click is has nothing like trigger reset to provide feedback), and the guns would lack to imposed rate of fire ceiling. Moreover it wouldn't be so intermittent and we would have at least received some kind of feedback from the devs on a mechanic which so dramatically affects certain weapons. Instead we've gotten developer responses about looking into fixing the burst fire bug.

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 9:35am

When I tried fire M1911 in real I couldnt "miss trigger" like in BF3

I do not know if it have same minumum timing but you can empty clip pretty much as fast as you are able to pull trigger [accuracy will suffer greatly though and you will be happy if rounds hit barn :)]

But in real pulling trigger is still slower than clicking mouse so maybe thats issue.

Also off topic @Sao

You are using micro-seconds as reaction time unit often but no human being can react that fast :)

Minimum reaction time of average human is 100ms mili-seconds [translates to 50 ping in game]

Trained human [or gamer] can lower that up to around 25ms [12 ping]

And thats for simple 2D images

Depth perception needed in 3D images takes around 100ms at 0.1 percentil of humans to entirely understand image and all his objects

[If you are searching just for few given objects like in FPS searching for other players percentile raises]

No offense just correction of time units :)

Sao

(680)

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 1:48pm

I ment milli seconds. And its not the reaction time, its once you have started pulling the trigger and whe doing ti you will be so familiar with the weapon you can react with as if it is a limb.

And leave me be, I wrote that at god knows what time last night... well this morning!

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....

Date of registration
: Dec 5th 2011

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 4:12pm

anyone thought about the lagg that zooming in produces????

even with an acog if you target is near you the effect that must be rendered when you shoot make the average computer lagg and that frame drop can slow you down.

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 5:33pm

Can't say I noticed anything using a semi-auto rifle. Could just be a psycological thing. You know, at a distance you can take your time with your shot, so there isn't a problem. But in close range you might not be as fast as you think you are, making it more noticable the general slower ROF.

On a side note, I used the S-A rifles only for a couple matches in CQC untill I kept dying because people who were suppose to be dead had 0-1% health left (Because of the so ever so sligth damage drop) then kill me while I move on whilst sure I killed them.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 12:18am

Quoted from ""1awrenceofarabia""

Quoted from ""Sao""

Its no bug.

If this was a real balancing factor it would be stupid (since a mouse-click is has nothing like trigger reset to provide feedback), and the guns would lack to imposed rate of fire ceiling. Moreover it wouldn't be so intermittent and we would have at least received some kind of feedback from the devs on a mechanic which so dramatically affects certain weapons. Instead we've gotten developer responses about looking into fixing the burst fire bug.

I'm with LoA on this one - the mouse/right bumper on gamepad can't convey any feedback to us as to when our trigger has reset, so it would be pretty short-sighted to implement a realism mechanic like that.

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 4:05am

well you right on the RL part but the developers have stated that the "jamming" or "misfires" were being fixed in game

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 11:42pm

When I use the mk11 with holo sights, handle bar, and tact light, it doesn't seem to do "50" damage in CQB.

I would be 10-15 meters away from a guy, and I'd have to put 2-4 bullets into him for a kill.

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 11:58pm

Quoted

When I use the mk11 with holo sights, handle bar, and tact light, it doesn't seem to do "50" damage in CQB.

I would be 10-15 meters away from a guy, and I'd have to put 2-4 bullets into him for a kill.

makes sense to me, it will take a minimum of 2 at any distance barring a head shot, and after about 12 meters it drops off. if you aren't hitting centre mass you won't be doing full damage either. I haven't really noticed a change in ROF at different ranges though...

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 5th 2012, 1:30am

When you see an opponent in front of you, you panic and start pressing "fire" quickly, most of the time faster than the ROF of the weapon. When this happens the gun "jams". How do I know this?

“The damage will not change, the way they fire will improve so they dont’ ‘jam’ between shots.” -Alan Kertz's tweet

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/11/28/dice-clarifies-gun-tweaks-for-battlefield-3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/11/28 ... lefield-3/</a><!-- m -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm coming for your tags. You have been warned.
Ranking Score -- Top 1%
Dogtags -- Top 1%
Knife kills -- Top 3%
BF3 Stats