Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 10:22pm

Re: Console Update Info

Quoted from ""Greenpants""

Quoted from ""Evil_Munki""

Nobody knows if the upcoming VOIP PS3 patch will include anything other than that fix.

True but I would hope they at least include the Dec 6th patch changes!

I read somewhere that they were rolling out a huge release for consoles in February. Can't find the link anymore though.

I think this game would be so much more fun if weapons actually fit different niches, and I think the attachment tweaks are just right for making this happen. With our luck, they will have the VOIP fix (which will be pretty cool), then a release at the end of feb for actual balance changes.

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 11:58pm

Quoted from ""Greenpants""

Quoted from ""Trippalhealicks""

I wonder if this is the update mentioned a while back about specific attachment changes / weapons? I'm more interested to know if it's coming to PC, and when.

Don't be selfish! We still have un-nerfed frag rounds, voice chat issues on PS3, lame AN-94, and a bunch of other "old" things.

the oldest thing would be missing out on using a mouse. how I feel for you console players.
14:19 KingSix: when you are peeing too much Haemoglobin, THAT's a serious issue
14:20 KingSix: ..
14:20 ToTheSun: chat killed

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 1:40am

Quoted from ""Koompbala""

Oh god I hope they fix fall damage I now have a bit more of a understanding why I get bad luck by jumping in the water. Lets say I jump from a bridge on Seine Crossing which isn't high up at all. I now know you can't have any momentum whatsoever to increase your chances of not taking any damage let alone get bad luck.
Don't hold your breath. They said they fixed sprinting into the water deaths on PC last patch, but I still get them occasionally. Also die jumping off the bridge/street, and bunny hopping across 2ft gaps on Kharg.

If I'm on Seine and jump the railing, there's always a split second when I hope I hit the ledge and take 90% damage instead of chancing it in the water, rofl.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 1:57am

Quoted from ""KingSix""

the oldest thing would be missing out on using a mouse. how I feel for you console players.

haha don't feel sorry for us in that regard :D You get used to it and we all have that same handicap!
I feel sorry for us limited to 24 players per map. It gets kinda lonely on the big maps at times, not to mention longer to level up everything due to the lack of targets around. I sometimes run flag to flag without seeing anyone, especially when everyone is off flying jets and helos -:<-

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 2:42am

Quoted from ""A1pha""

Quoted from ""KingSix""

I feel sorry for us limited to 24 players per map. It gets kinda lonely on the big maps at times, not to mention longer to level up everything due to the lack of targets around. I sometimes run flag to flag without seeing anyone, especially when everyone is off flying jets and helos -:<-

Did not know that. I just assumed player limit would be 32 maybe 40-ish. Playing on 64 people servers can be really hectic and chaotic at times. Imagine 32 enemies in a map like Metro.. Then again it can be satisfying to get triple kills with an assault rifle -8D-

On less crowded servers I find you can quite quickly score points by constantly moving and capturing flags.
14:19 KingSix: when you are peeing too much Haemoglobin, THAT's a serious issue
14:20 KingSix: ..
14:20 ToTheSun: chat killed

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 3:43am

Yeah, I've seen youtube, looks like fun haha -8D-
Xbox is fine otherwise for the most part. I don't know any different so I don't really miss the extra features the PC has (like patches and players). I just play the game as I know it. Am looking forward to future updates though.

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 5:29am

did dice mention it on the official battlefield 3 blog? i accidentally typed n the wrong date for my age so now it wont let me in to the damned site! i just get skepticall about these things if i dont have an official notice from developers

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 8:43am

Quoted from ""OMalley""

did dice mention it on the official battlefield 3 blog? i accidentally typed n the wrong date for my age so now it wont let me in to the damned site! i just get skepticall about these things if i dont have an official notice from developers

You should try opening it in a different browser or something.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Jan 14th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 5:53pm

Quoted from ""OMalley""

Just delete your cookies. ;)

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 5:38am

k i did, but they havent made an official post about it on the blog, so honestly guys i wouldnt get too excited. i love this game as is, but for the most part dice ignores the consoles, the only recent update was a voip fix for the ps3