Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 9:53am

Re: Suppressed Pistol Accuracy

I see you don't even know that suppressor is reducing damage.
It's still a subject of controversy when it's just faster damage drop or lower min damage as well, but everyone agrees on a reduction being present.
E.g. check out this thread and scroll down a bit or this dated but still valid database.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 10:32am

How about 2 of us go in and test silencer damage properly? In another thread they tested silenced M98B, and from in game performance I can vouch for that the M98B with silencer on hardcore is instant kill up to 73 meters, just like the charts predicted.

Aenonar PC

Edit: Built this short little program for checking bullet dmg over range, rather than manually calculating it every time. In case someone else wants to check it out, or just want to use it for whatever..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kzzhsz32os…age%20Range.rar (Windows .NET 2.0+ required)

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 3:33pm

I'd do it immediately but I read they are planning to revamp silencer damage with the next patch anyway, also that the patch is coming in February for PC (correct me if I'm wrong).

So not really worth to spend hours for testing right now imo.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 8:20pm

Just to let you know, me and Symthic tested silenced weapon damage. I think I'll let him publish the results as he took the notes of it all. Think he might have figured out the exact formula/values used, so it would be better that way. Thanks for the help!

Side note: also tested the weird thing I experienced with EOD bot + friendly RPG (entertaining stories from BF3 thread)

What must have happened was that the EOD bot was launched by the friendly RPG, hit the guy controlling it which launched him away. Quite hard to replicate the exact same trajectory etc, but it's quite easy to launch yourself or friendlies with it. Even just bumping into someone with it might launch them. It's very easy to commit suicide if the bot hits you too hard, or if someone else launches the bot and it hits you too hard.

Quoted

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 12:11am

Oh, this is sweetness in the square. Looking forward to it. -:D-

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 4:14am

Quoted from ""Cera""

I see you don't even know that suppressor is reducing damage.
It's still a subject of controversy when it's just faster damage drop or lower min damage as well, but everyone agrees on a reduction being present.
E.g. check out this thread and scroll down a bit or this dated but still valid database.

I looked at the spreadsheet you referenced. The pistol values for suppressed vs. unsuppressed are largely the same, and the values that are different are only by 1 or 2 points. I would attribute this to the margin of error in their testing. They even have the M9 Suppressed as dealing more damage than the M9 at 20-35m (and the same at 1-15m and 40m).

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 4:41am

Well, the sheet was made at a time when any damage numbers were not common knowledge in the first place. I agree it was hardly made with precision but you can see the general tendency there.

Hopefully we'll all know much better soon enough anyway.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 10:10pm

Hmm, oh well. Here's the basic summary about suppressor damage:

Assault and Support weapons lose 2-3 damage at range, min range damage is identical to without suppressor. We tested on several different ranges in between which Symtic might have data for a damage curve.. Basically 17 min dmg turned into 14.3, etc...

All other weapons have the same damage with or without suppressor (Engineer, Recon, PDW, Pistols)

Shotgun is unknown, don't have slugs for my jackhammer and buck/flechette is awkward to test with.. Though most likely it remains the same.

Quoted

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 11:01pm

Thanks Aenonar, great timing. -:P-