Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 2:57am

Well, he's gone now

I hope this short intervention had a positive effect....

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 3:36am

First off, on the xFactor thing, I feel he did the right thing by directing viewers to this thread and telling them to decide for themselves. Rezal's numbers show that theoretically your accuracy will improve with the foregrip in addition to the heavy barrel. The point I think many of you are missing, though, is that the numbers assume perfect recoil control. I highly doubt that this is the case for most gamers, and even for the most talented shooters it's still not likely to be something they manage every time. And when you take the recoil and spread increase of suppression into account, will five theoretical percentage points of accuracy really make that much of a difference when your recoil pattern is completely different?

Speaking of suppression, how do the numbers line up with that taken into account? That in and of itself could make or break it for competitive players.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."
- U.S. Declaration of Independence

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 10:27am

suppression spread is additive, wouldn't really make much of a difference

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Immortal Tombat

Ellipsis guys...

(285)

Date of registration
: Jun 1st 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 10:38am

is that the numbers assume perfect recoil control.

Exactly. That's another reason for the grip. It completely nullifies the whole "trading controllable inaccuracy (recoil) for uncontrollable inaccuracy (increased spread)" argument. The figures show that even with perfect recoil control, grip is beneficial. So it would be even more beneficial to whose who can't control recoil perfectly, which is practically everybody.

altered

altered his username

(728)

Date of registration
: Feb 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 10:40am

Also when supressed guns have more recoil so the recoil reduction of the FG has even more effect. I didnt do the math but i would guess that under supression the FG+Hbar combo is even better compared to underslung+hbar than it already is when unsupressed.
I am part of that power which would the evil ever do and ever does the good.

Are you a Symthican and a PC BF3 player?

A catfish has appeared!

Help represent Symthic on the battlefield.
Join Team Symthic!

"If it revolves around DICE physics...i will find a way to abuse it in some ridiculous manor, that you can count on" - elementofprgress

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 10:51am

Also when supressed guns have more recoil so the recoil reduction of the FG has even more effect. I didnt do the math but i would guess that under supression the FG+Hbar combo is even better compared to underslung+hbar than it already is when unsupressed.
I never thought about that, but if it's true, taht would be a huge bonus point for the use of FG
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 2:16pm

I never thought about that, but if it's true, taht would be a huge bonus point for the use of FG

- your maximum spread will be unchanged, although your weapon's max spread will be reached slightly ('slightly' as in miniscule) faster.
- the recoil you receive from suppression, when using a foregrip, will be less: Suppression-recoil works as a multiplier, it is not additive. Aka suppression multiplies a smaller number, this is what will make 5 shots with the foregrip recoil less than 5 shots without the foregrip (under suppression)

The HBAR, however, will perform slightly better than the hb+fg combo on semi-auto. The difference is not as big as it is with the recoil, as the spread factor of suppression IS added instead of multiplied, so that the difference is not that big, but it is still worth a mentioning.

...nobody reads cheap's walls of text <_<

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 2:21pm

I read ... But forget.
Please accept my apologies, and admiration for your patience.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 2:25pm

I read ... But forget.

ima sadnub noaw ;(

altered

altered his username

(728)

Date of registration
: Feb 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 2:59pm

I read ... But forget.

ima sadnub noaw ;(

Spoiler Spoiler

I am part of that power which would the evil ever do and ever does the good.

Are you a Symthican and a PC BF3 player?

A catfish has appeared!

Help represent Symthic on the battlefield.
Join Team Symthic!

"If it revolves around DICE physics...i will find a way to abuse it in some ridiculous manor, that you can count on" - elementofprgress