Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, December 21st 2012, 1:00pm

i wonder if FG will get a nerf once everyone starts using it again

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Friday, December 21st 2012, 1:01pm

probably. Every setup that gets used a lot/complained about a lot will get nerfed, that's the way DICE seems to prioritize their updates.

Date of registration
: Sep 6th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Friday, December 21st 2012, 7:11pm

It starts once the next bullet is ready to be fired as long as you don't shoot.

tnx, stuck a grip to everything in the medic and engi classes except the an94, m16a4, m4.

• "Rezal" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, December 21st 2012, 7:27pm

Use a grip especially on M16A4 and M4, the spread penalty is much lower there anyway. I have some plots I might upload later.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Sep 6th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Friday, December 21st 2012, 7:39pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much man, I don't intend on actually using them, and its their headshot performance that made me decide to leave off the grip for those 2. (seen as the m416 and m16 just break even in this department due to the increased vertical spread, and the burst fire guns have only .75 horisontal recoil)

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Saturday, December 22nd 2012, 1:17am

Played a bit today, tried grip, and i must say wow. I cant belive i havent tried it before. I can haz more than 20% acc with my m16, and scar goes over 25.
Gotta say, Thank you all, you made my kdr jump today and iam killing people that otherwise i would not.
Thanks again :)
bookamrking this thread :)

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 22nd 2012, 12:20pm

I love how people think because its mentioned on here....all of BF3 users will know, and it could be nerfed.

I regularly run into semi decent players, pubs, clans, ladder players etc, who have never heard of this site. Some people just arent nerdy enough to care. I was using FG Hbar even when Symthic damned it, as ruining ads spread, hurting ranged shots. And i read here quite a bit. People will use what they like.

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, December 22nd 2012, 6:56pm

probably. Every setup that gets used a lot/complained about a lot will get nerfed, that's the way DICE seems to prioritize their updates.

IMO that is backwards.

I like the concept of buffing other setups to make them more appealing rather than nerfing popular setups. Nerfing stuff makes things worse, which makes them less fun to play. This is a game so you should be making things MORE fun rather then less.

I guess an exception could be made if something turns out to be obviously OP. Here I say obviously, not just because something is best and too popular, e.g. M16 pre m416 buff. Something has to be best, not the same as OP.
Swyck

Date of registration
: Jul 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 23rd 2012, 4:09am

From the way spread is implemented, half your bullets will hit the inner 25% of that area, the other half will hit the outer 75%. So you could say that the mechanism favors the less extreme spread.

Where does this come from?

Spread goes evenly from min to max based on the center so... Basically the game takes a random number between 0 and max and then a random direction from the center.

Take a circle of 10 (representing your spread, could be 0.1 or whatever), surface area would be 78,5398163
Then take half of that (as in half the shots) and you get a circle with a surface area of 19.6349541, or 25%

So half of your shots will end up in that inner 25%

If you take the aek which has 0.3 spread and a spread increase of 0.1. If you then say the spread of the first shot is randomly on the interval[0,0.3], 2nd shot is [0,0.4] etc, then what you're saying is incorrect. Based off 50,000 trials, the percentages of shots inside the inner 25% deviation circle, based off the maximum deviation achieved over the 50000 trials are:
3 shot burst: 65.31%
5 shot burst: 73.15%
10 shots burst: 79.25%
15 shot burst: 80.92%
30 shot burst: 82.77%

• "Rezal" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, December 23rd 2012, 5:40am

How exactly did you measure this?
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"