Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Athemoe

(1,074)

• "Athemoe" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 5:39pm

How to aim with Mobile Artillery

A lot of people, including myself, have problems with aiming with the Mobile Artillery rockets. They just spam random rockets until they get random hits/kills and think that it's just a matter of trial and error. This is incorrect. I did some testing together with some other people from Symthic and I found out what the logic behind this vehicle is.

Let's start with the horizontal aim .

The rockets don't get affected by wind, gravity or stuff like that. It gets affected by the position of your vehicle. Let me explain you with some simple images I made. I'm sorry for my drawing 'skills', but I'm no photoshop wizard.

As you can see, the Mobile Artillery truck leans to the right because it's on a hill (assume that we now see its back side). So when you fire your rockets, they will go to the right. To balance this, just aim more to the left, depending on how much you lean to the right.

Obviously, when it's leaning to the left, you have to balance your cross-hair to the right.
This whole balancing is kind of a trial and error, but you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

But, is it also possible to aim at a flag without adjusting your cross-hair?
The answer is yes. You have to stand completely flat. Don't lean to the left, don't lean to the right. But also don't lean to the front, or to the back. It really has to stand perfectly flat on the ground.

Now that we know how to aim horizontally, let's talk about how to aim vertically.

There isn't much to explain about this, because I made a nice image for it.
The only real tip I can give you is that you'd rather want to fire one rocket a second, because if you spam the launch button, your vehicle will probably move, which will mess up your horizontal aim. You can also check your minimap to see where your rockets land (similar system as mortars).

The following image is almost perfectly accurate if your MA truck stands perfectly flat on the ground. You still have to adjust your aim if you lean in any direction (front, back, left, right).

Okay, that was my guide on aiming with Mobile Artillery. This was all done by testing in-game. But I tried it a lot of times just to be sure about the date, so everything should be correct. Do correct me if you see a mistake, and also comment if you have a new tip I could add.

Special thanks:
- InternationalGamer and Oscar for helping me with the tests.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Athemoe" (Sep 12th 2012, 11:15pm)

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 6:28pm

Rep for you sir!

Athemoe

(1,074)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 6:40pm

Rep for you sir!

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 6:50pm

Do you aim at the horizon (or some point below it) or at the target?

So, if you have to aim at the target, would this mean that If the target is 50m away, and you aim at it with the topmost crosshair, you will hit it. Likewise you will hit a target 550m away if you aim at the target with the 550m crosshair etc.
Or if you have to aim at the horizon; aim at horizon with the crosshair which you think corresponds with the distance to the target.

Athemoe

(1,074)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 6:53pm

Well, assuming that you are going to attack flag, flags tell you the distance.
And yes they just do upper cross hair for 50m, but adjust your aim when your vehicle isn't flat on the ground.

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 7:04pm

Ah, thanks! This is very helpful! I was playing yesterday, trying to figure out just what the hell to do, and this helps immensely.

Question, though: What about difference in elevation?

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

Athemoe

(1,074)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 7:09pm

What do you mean with elevation?
Sorry, English isn't my first language :p

Oscar

Grossly Incandescent Gentleman

(953)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 7:18pm

IG's assistant.

Died countless times observing MA fire coming right to my face. IG also shot me a couple of times when highlighting moi in the map...

But yeah good job.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

I just lost the game.

Oscar

Grossly Incandescent Gentleman

(953)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 7:29pm

IDK why I cant hit edit on the phone, but listen.

MA SS is 9000 points, that's a neato 20 flag captures. I can see people with SS 100 dogtag in a month.

What were DICE thinking!?!? The Service Star you get is worth MORE points you need for it...
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

I just lost the game.

Date of registration
: Jul 7th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 8:12pm

Does anyone know the impact radius of the rockets? I wasn't having any luck hitting anyone last night (BIG TY for the range scale, BTW) and was wondering if it's possible to saturate an area or if more precise single shots are the way to go.

I have the skill of a drunken elephant.