Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 5:01pm

Re: Footsteps?!

LOL! HAHAHAHA yeah dude im a fucking ninja! ^^ Fuck yeah! I will come behind u and sprint. If u wont stop :D let me just get u.
But in some situat it would be good to hear alitlebit. AND! U can hear ALITLEBIT now!

Sao

(680)

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 7:12pm

Quoted from ""pbVeteran""

I can hear footsteps

I have xonar DG1 + roccat kave 5.1 hardware headpohones

But seems like soundsteps have low priority so if there is going hell out on CQ large with 64 players steps simply do not get to play

On smaler player counts they are heareble though. Yet it makes you paranoid when you hear steps turn around and found out it was just echo of your own in empty hall.

I do that, being on a Xbox all maps are small. and when I hear something i go into crouching tiger, turn 180. And if I am playing hardcore, end up blasting a team mate in the stomach with a shotgun... fail

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 7:48pm

I have Turtle Beach X42s and have no issue hearing footsteps. Only time I can't hear them is when there is armor in the area or lots of explosions.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 10:15pm

This is an issue that drives me nuts. A $1300 headphone setup can't hear footsteps reliably? Makes tons of sense!

• "Greenpants" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 10:47pm

Quoted from ""Sao""

I do that, being on a Xbox all maps are small. and when I hear something i go into crouching tiger, turn 180. And if I am playing hardcore, end up blasting a team mate in the stomach with a shotgun... fail

Lol.

But yea I'm always startled by someone spawning on me if I don't notice the text. It has a similar sound to the grabbing/beginning portion of the getting knifed animation.

It makes sense to not always hear them but you'd think if you can hear your own you would hear someone very close to you almost as well.

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 2:15am

Thread title makes me think of Metal Gear Solid "Who's footprints are these?"

I don't reliably hear them either, and since the Recon class doesn't have much gear I think DICE should give them an acoustic amplifier, MGS2 style.

Play on Xbox and enjoy teamwork? Send me a friend [email protected]

• "Greenpants" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 2:21am

Quoted from ""myAIMisTRUE""

Thread title makes me think of Metal Gear Solid "Who's footprints are these?"

I don't reliably hear them either, and since the Recon class doesn't have much gear I think DICE should give them an acoustic amplifier, MGS2 style.

That's an awesome idea. Recon in BF2 had mortar strikes and BF:BC2 had multiple throwable motion sensors as well as C4 (among other things maybe?)

Moar recon!

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 3:36am

Quoted from ""OzzDOA""

I have Turtle Beach X42s and have no issue hearing footsteps. Only time I can't hear them is when there is armor in the area or lots of explosions.

Which is always. lol

Date of registration
: Dec 5th 2011

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 4:07pm

Yarrrr... there's no game like DICE's games when it comes to the sound. When it's working properly that is, which sadly enough is not the case when playing online 90% of the time.

I got the PS3 stereo headsets which, are not more than ok. But some rounds I can hear footsteps like I was there for real. The next minute, I'm getting raped by a ninja.
PS3 & PS4 - 46inch Sony Bravia - Balls of Steel

Date of registration
: Jan 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 9:12pm

i tested this little bit today, i can hear my own footsteps fine but when i told my friend to stand still and i runned around him, it took few seconds of running around before he started hearing them. Also sprinted and knifed a guy and he didnt hear anything.
Perhaps sound setting affect this (war tapes etc.)?