Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,678)

• "Darktan13" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 5:12pm

Vehicle Glass.

Vehicle Glass, and the weapons that can Injure the people behind it.

Credit to - McGoat, BPM Carl, Henrik, Dice, WhyVegas, MLP Trixie69, FaTaL x CoYoTeE and Dark Earth 01

This was tested on Xbox 360 and PC.

Attack helicopters - Havoc and Viper

Attack helis have two types of glass - normal glass, which the Viper has on the side-panels of glass and the Havoc has everywhere.
and Viper-specific glass, which the viper carries on it's front glass plate.

The normal glass is identical on both attack choppers.

Weapons that pass through the glass and can harm those behind it

-All class-based primary infantry weapons.
-All PDWs and pistol.
-all shotgun ammo types, with the exception of Buck, and partial exception of frag.
-All air vehicle mounted weapons, including gunner weapons.
-All ground vehicle mounted weapons, including gunner weapons.
-M320 smoke

Buckshot, from any shotgun cannot harm people behind the glass.

Explosives impact on the glass itself, (including shotgun frags) the blast still reaches the people beind, but as it's only the blast that reaches, less damage than maximum is caused.

Normal attack heli glass cannot be shattered.

Viper-Specific glass, occurs Only as the front panel on the US attack heli, and works as follows

-None.

The Viper front plate glass is invulnerable, and as such, no projectiles pass through.

HOWEVER, at the top of this invulnerable glass plate, is a small metal plate. this metal plate is actually purely for decoration, it is essentially a hole in the helicopter and as such, the Pilot can be killed through it, even with defibs, knives and buckshot, just as if he were outside or after the removal of a jeep door/hatch.

Explosives impact on the glass itself, (including shotgun frags) the blast still reaches the people beind, but as it's only the blast that reaches, less damage than maximum is caused.

Viper-specific attack heli glass cannot be shattered.

Jeeps - Vodnik and Humvee

Jeeps have two types of glass - Vodnik glass and Humvee glass.

The Vodnik glass -

-All PDWs and pistols.
-all shotgun ammo types, with the exception of Buck, and partial exception of frag.
-M320 smoke

Explosives impact on the glass itself, (including shotgun frags) the blast still reaches the people beind, but as it's only the blast that reaches, less damage than maximum is caused, however -

Vodnik glass CAN be shattered by any explosion damage, even from frag grenades and shotgun-frags.

Once shattered, even Buckshot, knives and debibs will kill the passengers, just as if a door was removed or they were outside, and explosives will cease to impact on the glass, so doing maximum damage to the passenger.

The Humvee glass

-None.

The Humvee glass is invulnerable, and as such, no projectiles pass through.
Unlike the Viper-specific glass, explosives also fail to cause damage, and this glass is used in all windows of the vehicle.

HOWEVER, it is possible to injure the driver and front seat passenger with a good M320 standard shot to the front glass, it is the ONLY weapon, including explosives, capable of harming the people inside when the vehicle is stationary. But the damage taken, is only from the blast, and as such is a two-shot kill.
we don't know what causes this.

Humvee glass cannot be shattered.

Specific to jeeps, are doors and hatches that can be removed, and will be covered here.

Doors and Hatches function identically on the Humvee and Vodnik, with the exception of the type of glass they have installed in them.

Weapons that can remove hatches and doors
-All explosives
-M320 smoke
-All weapons that can harm the Jeep itself (tank HMG, mounted .50s, jet cannons, ect)

once removed, the people behind can be shot through the new space, with any weapon, and can be defibbed or knifed (but not animation-knifed) as if they were in the open. This is also true of the Scout-helis gaps around the glass next to the passenger seats , and so the pilots can be defibbed/buckshot/knifed.

A single touch of a repair torch, will instantly restore all lost doors and hatches.

On both normal and hardcore, friendly jeeps, even when occupied, can have the doors and hatches damaged/removed by friendly fire.

there are additional hatches, underneath the jeeps, that cannot be removed, however, damage passes through these hatches as if they were not there - And so, grenades and other explosives can one-shot kill passengers if correctly positioned.

Scout helicopters - Z-11 and Little Bird - Also - Rush, and Conquest jets -A-10 and Frogfoot, F-18, F-35 and SU-35 - Also - Transport Helicopters -Venom and Kasatka

All scout helicopters, Transport helicopters, rush and conquest jets have Identical glass, except the Kasatkas' side glass panels (only the side panels, front functions as normal), which functions like the viper-specific glass.

The KA-60 KASATKA has bulletproof glass on both side panels, but the front glass can be shot through with anything except buckshot. The Venom's glass offers no protection except from buckshot. Video showing the KA-60's glass is being rendered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ADkfNDZv8 sorry for poor quality, I wanted a quick upload.

-All PDWs and pistols.
-M320 smoke

Scout chopper, Transport chopper and jet glass cannot be shattered.

-------

Additional notes -

Whilst the Humvee glass provides the passengers total immunity from all forms of damage bar the Standard M320, as with all Vehicles, the Humvee suffers from a bug when shot in the front when moving.

when not sprinting, but still moving any explosive weapon, RPGs/tank cannons for example will cause extra damage to the vehicle, but also cause extra damage to the passengers, in this case, it means you can actually harm the passengers with a weapon, so long as they are moving towards you, and that weapon is an explosive.
When sprinting, the same thing occurs, but the effect is exaggerated, the damage incurred by the Vehicle is equal to a perfect-angle rear shot, and the passengers take near-maximum damage.

For example, an RPG to a stationary Humvee will cause zero damage to the passengers.
an RPG to a moving Humvee, will deal ~56% damage to the passengers (leaving ~44% health on the passengers, exact damage varies slightly)
an RPG to a sprinting Humvee, will deal ~82% damage to the passengers (leaving ~12% health on the passengers, exact damage varies slightly)

This bug is present In all vehicles, but can be used in this case, to actually injure and kill humvee passengers when otherwise they would be safe. non-explosive weapons do not benefit from this.
Against other vehicles with weaker rear-armour, it produces extra damage to the vehicle itself when moving and one-shot disables when sprinting, using an RPG or similar AT weapon.

All weapons were tested, including even jet cannons. Explosives covers all explosives, including tank cannons and LAV shells.

Buckshot is totally useless, as it doesn't harm anything until the glass is shattered or door removed. M320 buck is flechettes and is included with the other shotgun ammo.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Darktan13" (Aug 21st 2012, 7:55pm)

The McGoat

The McMoose Murderer

(563)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 5:26pm

About time.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 5:29pm

Very interesting. I wonder why DICE decided to make the US glass so much stronger than the RU glass.
bob

Metal Links

They are watching you

(182)

Date of registration
: Jun 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 5:34pm

Great job! I always felt safer in the viper. Maybe the Havoc should get the special glass to balance it against the faster more nimble Viper. Also, did you test the transport helis?
Quote of the Day:
"Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress"

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 8:11pm

i was there....i shall mine you to death next time....
Platform: XBOX WhyVegas

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 8:12pm

Haha! Very clever, nice job :)
...I'll stick to C4ing it and/or Pro Piping the doors off mind :D

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 9:11pm

Hope you like my new rep modifier.

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 2:54am

Why is it that all the Russian vehicles are worse than the US counterparts with the exception of possibly the T90.

Shouldn't they all be functionally identical? Also, I SWEAR I've headshotted US infantry out of humvees with bolt action sniper rifles before. Was this changed in a patch maybe? It's been awhile since I've played recon with a bolt action
PS3/4 Support player Need Ammo?

B log: Progression - Sgt_Shasta - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 3:27am

Interesting to hear about the Viper's stronger front panel. I feel certain you can kill Humvee drivers and gunners with a sniper rifle though, or at least it was possible in the past.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Date of registration
: Mar 22nd 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 5:22am

Great work, +rep :]

One thing though, I have a friend who routinely uses a M98B to snipe and kill pilots of the Viper, sometimes over a dozen times in a match depending on how stupid their team is. On Caspian Border he sits on the rocks above the RU deployment, and snipes into the cockpit when the chopper is stationary on the ground in the US base. Since that is like 1200m, you pretty much can not even see clearly where you are hitting, he uses reference points to dial in his aim and waits for the rotor wash to tell when someone gets in - I can't be sure he is hitting the glass he might be hitting the small metal plate you mentioned, but that seems unlike at that sort of range. Might warrant some more testing?