Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, January 11th 2012, 2:19pm

Re: Entertaining stories from BF3 so far...

Quoted from ""Aenonar""

Ah the lovely TV missile... Played some chopper gunner yesterday and tried to long range with the TV missile. First shot against a tank - booyah! Blew up tank with 2 crew + 2 infantry standing right next to it.

Second missile - chopper - Bullseye! But no hit indicator or effect... Nothing :|

3rd missile - tank - bullseye! But yet again no hit indicator, nothing...

4th - IFV - Hit again, nothing... meh...

5th - chopper - Missile away! Hit, and nothing... Oh come on...

6th missile - same chopper again - Missile a...*BOOM* My own chopper goes up in a pile of smoke and I get a teamkill on the pilot + suicide :|

I get the same issue when playing on laggy servers(25 ms+)
That's the main reason I try to stick to swedish low-ping servers(3-10 ms)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, January 12th 2012, 11:07pm

Quoted from ""chilln73""

RUSH, Metro 64 players.

Metro 64players is beyond insanity. So instead of going up the stairs for the 3rd time I start to question the meaning of my battlefield existence.

I climbed a board the crashed metro, took a seat on this train wreck of a map and did what any recon player does whenever they encounter such futility. I pulled out my MAV.

This is the story of my out of body experience:

In the middle of all the grenades, rockets, carnage and chaos a lonely MAV makes it's way up the escalator.

It's scared and covered in human blood, but it presses forward to it's goal. Buried within it's silicon brain it has a longing and desire to mate ... with an EOD bot.

Not wanting to draw too much attention, the MAV hops up the stairs one by one. When it reaches the top it drunkly skirts it's way across the floor. Then it finally sees the object of it's desire.

Parked next the the COM ready and alert was EOD. If any human managed to make it past the barrage of grenades the EOD bot would disarm.

MAV didn't care about team or enemies or game objectives. MAV just wants a friend who understands that we have all paid money for a game that provides us an endless supply of frustration. So MAV parks next to EOD for a shared moment of friendship and solace. They hold hands as the bodies pile up, then disappear and then respawn in the C++ cycle of life.

Then suddenly without warning EOD turns towards MAV. A spark lights from its lips and MAV is disintegrated. Was the spark a kiss, a sign of affection? Or was it a return to the old attitudes of kill or be killed?

We will never know

The End

Played on Basaar conquest 32 player as a Russian Recon with a brand new P90. Everyone was running around like headless chickens and I suddenly found myself at the A flag all alone... So I stood there behind the concrete barrier, starting to ponder the life of the MAW, just like you had done.. After a while I decided to take it out and ask what it felt about the current situation, what the meaning of living like this might be.

But then I got a bad feeling, perhaps a sign from the MAW, so I turned around... A guy is standing there with a knife in my face? Why is he standing there? Who is his friend behind him, also carrying a knife? What is the meaning of this? Maybe the MAW can answer these questions...

Oh shi...! *Pulls up the P90 and turns their heads into minced meat*

MAW's are dangerous things... But perhaps it saved my life...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 12th 2012, 11:38pm

I have one from today that was quite amusing. Playing Rush on Operation Firestorm (Attackers), I decided to aid my allies with the MAV and 12x scope spotting for awhile. I flew the MAV on top of the oil rig and left it, ready to snipe. I took out around 5 enemies and the MAV was still active. I'm guessing I must have REALLY got on their nerves, because they all started coming after me. A few troops at first, which I easily dispatched. Next came a thank, which lucky for me, was taken out by my allies. The last wave was another tank and a jeep. The Jeep came directly at the rock I was behind, so I tried sniping them. Failing that, they came around and almost killed me, but became stuck in a rut in the process. Whipped out my raffica and took at least one of them down to 20% before they drove off back towards the rig. Lining up a shot I took out the gunner and the driver right after the other, that was pretty hilarious. Then the tank shot me :(. Upon dying I set up another MAV and went back to sniping, and at this point there must have been 4 people coming after me, which they did end up getting me... Too bad my allies were too busy doing nothing to take advantage of the distraction.. :/

Date of registration
: Jan 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 5:30am

Was on wake island, spawn, jump in tank as a gunner, first rpg the driver bails and runs off, so after some torch work i hop in only to hear what to me seemed like lest 3 javelins locking me up, so i smoke and just start firing randomly twords the tracer rounds i saw. Ended up killing about 10 guys all wile completely blind in my chain of smoke clouds, including a very unhappy chopper and his gunner who took a HE round to the face.

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 5:55am

hmmm ive had a good bit of fun with this game

965m headshot with the l96

unlocking mg36, and realizing that c4 is the shit

jihad jeeping (6 c4 on front of jeep, drive it into something, get out, detonate) and in one game getting 3 multikills and two tank kills from it

taking 6 tags in one game of tdm

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 6:24am

Quoted from ""OMalley""

jihad jeeping (6 c4 on front of jeep, drive it into something, get out, detonate) and in one game getting 3 multikills and two tank kills from it

Thats actually when I started using Support, after B2K. Then I started using C-4 and I loved it! After that I unlocked Claymores, I enjoy those a little too much... But seriously, the MG36 is the best LMG, bar none.

Date of registration
: Jan 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 15th 2012, 12:29am

Enemy player throwing an ammo box at my teammates tank -8D- got killed right afterwards

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 15th 2012, 4:28am

Quoted from ""OMalley""

Was playing Firestorm recently, mostly running around C4ing things(trying to get my 4th C4 service star) and started hearing the lovely crack of multiple sniper rifle rounds landing around me. Got killed just after I figured out where they were. Up on top of their spawn mountain of course! I spawned with my L96 and 12X scope, something that I very rarely do because I consider using it as pointless. Ran left out of spawn and set up on the road quite a ways away from the fight. Layed down and started scanning the top of that mountain pressing Q like I wanted to break the key.

Finally got triangles on the two snipers, after the first mag the seemed to figure out my general area and started returning fire. One mag later I had a new longest HS(1394m) and another mag after that I had another new longest HS(1398m). Just under 3k points for two kills and the added bonus of their whining about "hax." I don't think I'll ever top 1398, and I don't really want to try. I'd rather be useful, but I have to admit it was a little bit fun.

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, January 15th 2012, 5:11am

Quoted from ""bustaplz""

Was playing Firestorm recently, mostly running around C4ing things(trying to get my 4th C4 service star) and started hearing the lovely crack of multiple sniper rifle rounds landing around me. Got killed just after I figured out where they were. Up on top of their spawn mountain of course! I spawned with my L96 and 12X scope, something that I very rarely do because I consider using it as pointless. Ran left out of spawn and set up on the road quite a ways away from the fight. Layed down and started scanning the top of that mountain pressing Q like I wanted to break the key.

Finally got triangles on the two snipers, after the first mag the seemed to figure out my general area and started returning fire. One mag later I had a new longest HS(1394m) and another mag after that I had another new longest HS(1398m). Just under 3k points for two kills and the added bonus of their whining about "hax." I don't think I'll ever top 1398, and I don't really want to try. I'd rather be useful, but I have to admit it was a little bit fun.

thats the same thing that happened to me for my headshot. on firestorm, got sniped and i wanted revenge. it was a really slow game so it wasnt a big difference for two guys on opposing teams to essentially disappear from the fight

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Monday, January 16th 2012, 12:38am

Was playing Rush on Kharg Island, defending with 3 of my friends. Our Sniper set up a SOFLAM on a mountain top, myself and one other friend played Engineers with Javelins while our 4th teammate played Support so he could resupply us. Between all our squad specializations, we were all sharing sprint, flak, explosive and cover perks. There was also random teammate using a Javelin who would run over to us to resupply.

Basically, we all entrenched ourselves on a big mountain (east side of the map me thinks) and made it our mission in life to destroy LAVs. Everytime one gets in range of the SOFLAM, 3 Javelins simultaneous fire at it. If anyone manages to jump out, the Sniper and Support shoot them as they try to swim to shore.

The attack chopper catches wind of this and comes to kill us, so we decide to shoot it down with our Javelins. Repeatedly. The enemy Warthog proves more difficult to take down, but he wasn't a very good pilot anyway and the SOFLAM keeps scaring him off, so he's pretty much inconsequential.

Enemy gives up on the LAVs and tries using the rubber dingys to flank us and take our mountain. But they're not very stealthy so we can always best them in small arms combat.

So we win, take Ace Squad and all 3 MVP slots, and the enemy fails to even arm a single M-Com.

Next match is attacking. We figure the enemy will try to copy our strategy so we all equip suppressors and pile into a rubber dingy, and assault the beach as far east as the map will let us travel. Two teammates go to arm an M-Com station while me and the other guy move to cut off the main road and generally make life difficult for the enemy. They hadn't bothered to take their tank at the beginning of the game (and we couldn't take it cause it was out of bounds for us) so I would just kill anyone who tried to get in it.

The rest of our (surprisingly competent) team rolls in heavy with the LAVs to take the other M-Com. We take the first pair with a total of 4 casualties to our entire team, I myself killed 6 enemies, most of whom just happened to run past me without bothering to look (enemies in your base? It's more likely than you think.....)

We went on to play for like 4 more hours, taking Ace Squad ribbons almost every time. It was the best male bonding experience ever.

Play on Xbox and enjoy teamwork? Send me a friend [email protected]