Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 3:42pm

Re: Entertaining stories from BF3 so far...

Quoted from ""twentyonemile""

One of my favs from all BF games is when a tank spots you on foot sprint next to it and pretend to be dropping C4 (even though I'm probably assault!)

Always makes me laugh to see the driver jump out and run away while I jump in his tank. "Thanks man!" -:D-

LOL!! I'm going to try this now!!

Quoted from ""bustaplz""

1. Defending on first stage on Tehran Highway Rush. Squad of Attackers on top of the building one of the M-Coms is next to. Nobody could get up the ladder to them without getting shot all in the face. Needless to say, this was a bit frustrating after dying a few times trying to get up there. So I decide to drop the building with C4. Put my 6 packs of C4 on the walls, squeezed my lovely little remote, game closes. My friend in Vent starts laughing hysterically and asks me, "WTF DID YOU JUST DO?"

In my frustration and haste to kill the assholes up top I forgot that half of my team was in the building defending the M-Com. Killed the squad up top, along with 7 teammates when the building dropped.

2. Chasing down a bush wookie recon with my EOD bot and killing him.

That seriously deserves the No. 1 spot on this thread, what a fail, rofl. EOD bot wookie hunting is always fun too!

Quoted from ""aenonar""

Various moments when sniping enemy jets / choppers.. Got a headshot on a circling jet at 600 meters /lol. Once on Kharg rush I shot the pilot of the AH1, at which the chopped slowly fell down to the ground killing the gunner, at which he started spewing out insults to the pilot for crashing :P

Once on Caspian I shot down a jet, but of course as usual, the enemy jumped out in the last second (ffs... I hate when that happens... Don't get any points or stats for the kill, makes it look like I'm just lol'ing around up there -.-') So as a revenge I circled round and found him hanging in a chute miles off the ground, so I lined him up and "road"killed him mid air ;D

Been wanting to redo that mid air roadkill ever since.. ~2 weeks ago I finally managed, although it wasn't quite in air and not entirely on purpose... Shot down an AH1 at long range from above on Oman at the shore, but I couldn't quite pull up in time since I had to dodge the disabled chopper. So I brushed right along the beach and happened to get a double roadkill of the crew which had bailed out and landed on the shoreline ;D

I remember sniping the pilot of a jet who was coming in for a strafing run, that was amusing. Then there was the time when I sniped a chopper gunner then the pilot, they were ticked :D.

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 3:57pm

Putting claymores on a jeep then driving around chasing infantry so they blow up on the infantry. Twas funny.

Hitting helis with guided missiles is always comcial, watching them spam their flares ;)

Doing LAV bouncing in a pub game.

I havent really been too amused by some of the stuff in bf3. Dy all time favourite in any Battlefield game is getting a squad of people to troll a bush wookie in BFBC2. Tracer dart them and hit them from across the map, blocking their vision, group tbags. Very comical moments.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? £170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 10:12pm

Enemy tank kills goes on a killing spree and takes a few hits.

Thinking the coast is clear both the driver and gunner jump out to repair the tank.

I jump in the tank, steal it and pull it in reverse.

Both the driver and the gunner take off running chasing me because they think that one of THEM is the driver. Their heads are down in an all out sprint.

Then they both look at each other and realise neither one of them is the driver.

PAUSE.....

Both cut and run.

I was lauging so hard i was only able to get one of them with a tank shell.

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 10:44pm

I was getting chased by a jet while i was flying, I get disabled and decide to bail. This was early on when I didn't know how to open a parachute, needless to say I hit the front of a friendly tank and he gets a Teamkill.
POI~

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 10:56pm

RUSH, Metro 64 players.

Metro 64players is beyond insanity. So instead of going up the stairs for the 3rd time I start to question the meaning of my battlefield existence.

I climbed a board the crashed metro, took a seat on this train wreck of a map and did what any recon player does whenever they encounter such futility. I pulled out my MAV.

This is the story of my out of body experience:

In the middle of all the grenades, rockets, carnage and chaos a lonely MAV makes it's way up the escalator.

It's scared and covered in human blood, but it presses forward to it's goal. Buried within it's silicon brain it has a longing and desire to mate ... with an EOD bot.

Not wanting to draw too much attention, the MAV hops up the stairs one by one. When it reaches the top it drunkly skirts it's way across the floor. Then it finally sees the object of it's desire.

Parked next the the COM ready and alert was EOD. If any human managed to make it past the barrage of grenades the EOD bot would disarm.

MAV didn't care about team or enemies or game objectives. MAV just wants a friend who understands that we have all paid money for a game that provides us an endless supply of frustration. So MAV parks next to EOD for a shared moment of friendship and solace. They hold hands as the bodies pile up, then disappear and then respawn in the C++ cycle of life.

Then suddenly without warning EOD turns towards MAV. A spark lights from its lips and MAV is disintegrated. Was the spark a kiss, a sign of affection? Or was it a return to the old attitudes of kill or be killed?

We will never know

The End

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 10:59pm

Quoted from ""chilln73""

RUSH, Metro 64 players.

Metro 64players is beyond insanity. So instead of going up the stairs for the 3rd time I start to question the meaning of my battlefield existence.

I climbed a board the crashed metro, took a seat on this train wreck of a map and did what any recon player does whenever they encounter such futility. I pulled out my MAV.

In the middle of all the grenades, rockets, carnage and chaos a lonely MAV makes it's way up the escalator.

It's scared and covered in human blood, but it presses forward to it's goal. Buried within it's silicon brain it has a longing and desire to mate ... with an EOD bot.

Not wanting to draw too much attention, the MAV hops up the stairs one by one. When it reaches the top it drunkly skirts it's way across the floor. Then it finally sees the object of it's desire.

Parked next the the COM ready and alert was EOD. If any human managed to make it past the barrage of grenades the EOD bot would disarm.

MAV didn't care about team or enemies or game objectives. MAV just wants a friend who understands that we have all paid money for a game that provides us an endless supply of frustration. So MAV parks next to EOD for a shared moment of friendship and solace. They hold hands as the bodies pile up, then disappear and then respawn in the C++ cycle of life.

Then suddenly without warning EOD turns towards MAV. A spark lights from its lips and MAV is disintegrated. Was the spark a kiss, a sign of affection? Or was it a return to the old attitudes of kill or be killed?

We will never know

The End

THIS is gonna be stickied... I was laughing so much.
POI~

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 11:05pm

I was running along as a recon on Sharqi, seeing a squadmate in one of our tanks driving over the street some 150 meters away from me. Suddenly a Wild Enemy Support appears, charging at the tank with C4s in hands. Wooped out my M98B and squeezed the trigger but I missed his head with like a meter, ended up hitting the C4 he just placed instead, making it explode and killing the support with his own C4(This was softcore so no friendly fire, otherwise I bet that tankdriver would've been pissed :p)

Back in the first weeks after launch when the TV missile was way bugged(it's still buggy but not as buggy as back then), I decided to shoot a tank with it on Firestorm, the missile ended up bouncing off the tank, surfing flat on the ground for a second, then hitting a rock tossing it straight up into the stomach of an airborne transport helicopter resulting in a multikill and me saying on Voicechat "That worked according to plan".

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 11th 2012, 12:01pm

Quoted from ""chilln73""

RUSH, Metro 64 players.

We will never know

The End

-;[-

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Wednesday, January 11th 2012, 12:48pm

Quoted from ""Yaem""

Back in the first weeks after launch when the TV missile was way bugged(it's still buggy but not as buggy as back then), I decided to shoot a tank with it on Firestorm, the missile ended up bouncing off the tank, surfing flat on the ground for a second, then hitting a rock tossing it straight up into the stomach of an airborne transport helicopter resulting in a multikill and me saying on Voicechat "That worked according to plan".

Ah the lovely TV missile... Played some chopper gunner yesterday and tried to long range with the TV missile. First shot against a tank - booyah! Blew up tank with 2 crew + 2 infantry standing right next to it.

Second missile - chopper - Bullseye! But no hit indicator or effect... Nothing :|

3rd missile - tank - bullseye! But yet again no hit indicator, nothing...

4th - IFV - Hit again, nothing... meh...

5th - chopper - Missile away! Hit, and nothing... Oh come on...

6th missile - same chopper again - Missile a...*BOOM* My own chopper goes up in a pile of smoke and I get a teamkill on the pilot + suicide :|

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 11th 2012, 2:00pm

Probably when i went 23-0 with the SG 553 silenced on metro rush. I ran out of ammo with that and my m9 so i got the last 5 kills rushing their spawn with a repair tool.

Or when i played played on kharg island rush trying to get long range kills. Led the team with only 6 kills. All of which were 500 meters plus head shots.