Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Rezal" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 4:03am

Distracting LGMs

Today P4vlik_Enemy and me completed the first round of testing how to get rid of LGMs when flying. Since we were only 2 guys, we had to rely on scout helicopter LGMs, so javelins and guided shells might behave differently. I'd also like to thank Haemoglobin and J0hn for additional testing.

In jet:
  • Pop flares and turn down and after that left or right
  • Pop ECM and run away, because it doesn't seem to anything
  • Don't pop anything and run away, you can easily outrun it
In helicopter:
  1. When running flares, you need to fly sufficiently high in the beginning, so they survive long enough.
  2. When you hear the missile warning, pull you nose down and start diving down for a short moment, but then reverse throttle.
  3. At the same time, pop flares.
  4. The reason you're moving like this is to lose height fast because you want to stay close to your flares. Also, it minimizes your horizontal movement which might be disadvantageous.
  5. If you're flying too low or accidentally pop your flares too late, they will hit the ground and not protect you at all.
  6. However, losing height fast makes you crash into the ground even faster, so to brake pull your nose up again and increase throttle.
  7. This move should basically drop you like a stone for a short distance. It seems to be unnecessary to go all the way down.
  8. If you're really close, it might fail, but after a certain range it is really consistent.
  1. When running ECM, you should fly as low as the enemy ground forces allow you to, try not to go higher than 40 (whatever unit that is).
  2. Pop ECM about two seconds after the missile is launched (of course if it's a stinger from up close you're fucked) for close target. The top attack takes some time.
  3. If you're running away from the missile in an attack helicopter, you might have to wait as long as about five seconds to pop ECM.
  4. Depending on how high you're flying, the missile will either be distracted directly or start circling you. The lower, the less likely you will be circled. Higher latency might favor circling.
  5. If you're initially at a height where you might be circled (above 20 seems to be dangerous) lose height asap. It didn't seem like you need to dive like a lunatic, unless you started really high.

ECM vs flares summary:
  • ECM works best when flying low, flares when flying a bit higher
  • ECM still works when you're flying high, but flares are easier to use
  • Flares are worthless close to the ground
  • So far ECM seems to be more dependent on the correct timing, while flares just need to be deployed straight away, without any consideration of your own movement or distance to the missile

Of course, if there are latency issues you're likely to be screwed anyway...
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 4:09am

...what does LGM stand for?

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 4:10am

Laser Guided Missile
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Pheozero

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 4:11am

Nice job guys.

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 4:17am

Oh, I thought this was a proposal for some sort of new Helicopter "attachment". My bad.

Actually, at first I thought someone misspelled LMG, like Light Machine Gun XD

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 4:18am

Seems like it'd be easier to just ditch the chopper >_>
After all in the resulting fighting after you dived, the scout has the height advantage and can just blow you out with its LMGs

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 4:30am

I don't know exactly how far you have to go down when you use flares, but you should be able to keep some height. For scout heli vs scout heli, remember that you have your own LGM you can use to kill the enemy or force him to dive down too.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 5:20am

I tent to not bother with rockets if I'm in a scout vs scout anyways.
I just shoot them down while they try to get a lock on. Especially if I fire the ECM a bit in.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 9:41pm

Some more testing with Haemoglobin today regarding flares against scout chopper LGMs:
  • For long range missile attacks, you may wait one or two seconds, but popping flares asap is just as good and works better for shorter ranges.
  • For close ranges, you can only distract the missile when you're diving towards it
  • Attack choppers seem to have a harder time diving down fast enough. Might be related to their faster horizontal movement. Mechanism itself seems to be the same.
Here is a short video demonstrating flares with scout helicopters.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -

Haemoglobin

Soft Drink Trafficker

(667)

Date of registration
: Feb 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, July 1st 2012, 12:26am

Having played around with this you really have to drop very very fast. Much faster than you think is necessary but you only need to do it seemingly for a short time, the missile gets bored quite quickly.
I sprint outside my building and judder my way around the block, screaming obscenities at the neighbors before getting stuck on a small hedge and blacking out.
Prepares me perfectly for my in game experience.

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Noobs deserve better!

Quoted from "tehmoriz"

turning on my desk lamp causes my computer to play the "usb disconnected" sound