Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 10:28pm

Re: Poll - Cheese dick or not destroying aircraft on the gr

Unfortunately though.. That "bit" can get pretty long : /

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

• "oonderpantz" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 3:56am

Quoted from ""pmax""

Isn't that what the fixed AA emplacement is there to prevent? Shouldn't someone on the other team have gotten on that shit?

HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD

you win a jelly pastry or tasty beer

that is PRECISELY what the fixed AA is for and if someone was a team player and mounted up on that... I'd be less likely to handle them roughly while taking off.

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, January 9th 2012, 1:37pm

How about Sharqi Peninsula then?

Wherever you are on the map you're still in range of both helipads. Leaving the enemy heli untouched when it spawns will get you killed 90% of the time within 5 seconds(Assuming their gunner has TV-Missile unlocked and knows how to use it properly.)

That's not a risk you should take in my opinion, therefore I always keep the timing of when the enemy chopper will spawn and be ready to snipe it with TV/Semiguided Rockets.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, January 9th 2012, 9:27pm

It's definitely a dick move, but sometimes you need to be a dick in war. If your team absolutely needs to keep the enemy out of the air then I think shooting aircraft on the ground is OK.

If you're just doing it to get easy kills then you should man up and show some sportsmanship.
bob

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 2:30pm

Quoted from ""Spectacle""

It's definitely a dick move, but sometimes you need to be a dick in war. If your team absolutely needs to keep the enemy out of the air then I think shooting aircraft on the ground is OK.

If you're just doing it to get easy kills then you should man up and show some sportsmanship.

It's not even funny on Sharqi though, if the opponents lets you sit in the chopper for like 5 seconds, you will most likely have their chopper dead by then.

Date of registration
: Dec 27th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 10:20am

Quoted from ""Psyike""

It's pretty dicky. But I didn't vote yes because using "gay" to describe something negative is pretty juvenile and bigoted.

Agreed, but I still voted yes.

I don't kill pilots on the ground because it's not worth the effort. You should be using your "skill" at destroying vehicles on the ground to destroy tanks and jeeps instead. This slows down the enemy offensive and gives your team a huge advantage if they're the only ones with tanks on the battlefield. If there's no tanks to destroy, then spot for your team and practice gunning down enemy infantry. It's not that hard once you get the hang of it, especially if you're in the warthog or the frogfoot.

Of course there are exceptions depending on the map and the circumstances, but most of the time, spawn killing enemy pilots is completely worthless. Most pilots aren't good enough to do much for their team anyway, even if they do get in the air. It's one of the more noobish things you can do in this game. If you get a jet or a helicopter, don't be a noob. Do something useful for your team instead.

Date of registration
: Jan 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 3:42pm

I generally won't do it as I consider it cheap, but if the opposition pilots are doing it to us I'll first warn them, then if they keep doing it to us I'll consider it fair game to do the same to them.

Sao

(680)

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 10:22pm

I do it every now and then, but I let them take off then get on their asses, then the dogfight begins, bit with me tryign to lock on.

However today there was this penis on Kharg in a AH with a gunner camping thier plane spawn (aa cant see it) and because he was friendly I could do nothign about it. Oh apart from clipping my wing on his tail, I take 45 damage, he looses control and being low crashed into a mountain and kills his mate.

Happy days

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....