Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jan 2nd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, January 2nd 2012, 10:04am

Re: Cheaters in Battlefield 3, your thoughts

As usual, the leaderboards read like a roster of cheating "who's who".

Looking at it just now I recognize KAIN, who might actually be a group of guys playing the same account, iirc. Not quite cheating, I guess, but still interesting to see.

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 8:42am

Quoted from ""addxyz""

In metro, you can MAV ride to above the Ticket Hall, and attack without being hit. The youtube video shows a guy above the Ticket Hall dropping C4 into the hall and killing people.

According to http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Micro_Air_Vehicle MAV riding was only possible in the beta and removed for release (i havn't actually tried it).

What IS bloody annoying though is being road-killed by the MAV, oh how i hate that

Date of registration
: Jan 2nd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 8:58am

Quoted from ""Xcalllibur""

Quoted from ""addxyz""

In metro, you can MAV ride to above the Ticket Hall, and attack without being hit. The youtube video shows a guy above the Ticket Hall dropping C4 into the hall and killing people.

According to http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Micro_Air_Vehicle MAV riding was only possible in the beta and removed for release (i havn't actually tried it).

What IS bloody annoying though is being road-killed by the MAV, oh how i hate that

It is possible still (I play PC). Supposedly the top is slanted, so you have to ride it against a wall.
Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to the youtube video of the exploit...

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 9:07am

Quoted from ""addxyz""

I've been in a few games where the cheaters can kill from across the map.

Ive seen this hack at least 5 times now. This kind of hack makes the round COMPLETELY unplayable and needs to be dealt with. The last time it happened was with a guy called xiao-******** (censored). I even got him to give me details of the hack he was using IN THE CHAT! I reported him as i do all hackers but i see his account is still alive and well. It would be very easy for DICE to look through the server logs and see that his activities were obviously cheating, since he was killing everyone as soon as they spawned, which is impossible. Also the chat logs would show the conversation i had with him.

My view on hackers is that there is more that needs to be done by DICE. I understand there are many players out there who incorrectly accuse good players of hacking, but when it comes to obvious hacks like the above, we need a clearer channel to report the hacker. Currently it is a pain to remember the players name, change to battlelog, get their account up and report them. This system is far from ideal and completely unclear to the majority of players, which deters people from reporting. It should be easier to report form within the game, or even better - ensure there is some mechanism of communicating with a global admin of some sort, who can log-on, observe the activity and deal with it.

Other hacks like wall-hacking and limited aim-bot use are always going to be hard to detect, but they don't deter form the game too much, so are less of a concern to me.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 9:10am

Quoted from ""addxyz""

It is possible still (I play PC). Supposedly the top is slanted, so you have to ride it against a wall. Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to the youtube video of the exploit...

No need, im sure those interested can find it on YouTube :) But thanks for letting me know, i havn't seen this one in action so i will have to experiment with it to see how it works.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 10:33am

It is possible to ride a MAV straight up, no clue about any other direction... But seriously, don't abuse this to get somewhere you shouldn't...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 2:26pm

Quoted from ""Xcalllibur""

My view on hackers is that there is more that needs to be done by DICE. I understand there are many players out there who incorrectly accuse good players of hacking, but when it comes to obvious hacks like the above, we need a clearer channel to report the hacker. Currently it is a pain to remember the players name, change to battlelog, get their account up and report them. This system is far from ideal and completely unclear to the majority of players, which deters people from reporting. It should be easier to report form within the game, or even better - ensure there is some mechanism of communicating with a global admin of some sort, who can log-on, observe the activity and deal with it.

Seriously, I think there needs to be a little bit of inertia to overcome in the process of reporting someone using a software cheat. Imagine what it would be like if there were, say, an "OMG REPORT HAX" button on the kill cam screen--people would be rage-pressing that shit every time they ducked behind a wall but died anyway because of a little bit of lag; there'd be no way to separate the signal from the noise. I think they've made it pretty easy as it is: Alt-tab to Battlelog, type the name into the soldier search bar, click the exclamation point, and type.

I know it seems kind of lame, the way they've farmed out the majority of the cheat-policing labor to the individual server admins, but I don't think people want to pay for the manpower required to staff some kind of global, real-time-response, cheat-investigation department.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 6:38pm

Quoted from ""pmax""

Seriously, I think there needs to be a little bit of inertia to overcome in the process of reporting someone using a software cheat. Imagine what it would be like if there were, say, an "OMG REPORT HAX" button on the kill cam screen--people would be rage-pressing that shit every time they ducked behind a wall but died anyway because of a little bit of lag; there'd be no way to separate the signal from the noise. I think they've made it pretty easy as it is: Alt-tab to Battlelog, type the name into the soldier search bar, click the exclamation point, and type.

I know it seems kind of lame, the way they've farmed out the majority of the cheat-policing labor to the individual server admins, but I don't think people want to pay for the manpower required to staff some kind of global, real-time-response, cheat-investigation department.

DICE can easily run stats on the player to determine if there is long term hacking.

All DICE would have to do is run stats on the most worst offenders on a periodic basis. Worst Offenders == people with most hackusations.

DICE can also run stats to see who is in the habit of accusing others of hacking.

They can also grant certain players special status to monitor games. When these players notice hacking their reports could carry more weight than another players random accusations.

There all types of creative ways DICE could help the BF community police itself. They just aren't doing it.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 4th 2012, 2:07am

Quoted from ""chilln73""

DICE can easily run stats on the player to determine if there is long term hacking.

All DICE would have to do is run stats on the most worst offenders on a periodic basis. Worst Offenders == people with most hackusations.

DICE can also run stats to see who is in the habit of accusing others of hacking.

They can also grant certain players special status to monitor games. When these players notice hacking their reports could carry more weight than another players random accusations.

There all types of creative ways DICE could help the BF community police itself. They just aren't doing it.

This can be good and bad. I've been kicked/banned from at least a dozen servers in BF3 when using the tank or APC because people thought I was wall hacking when I'd hit a 20 kill streak. What they didn't know was that I was rocking thermal optics with proximity scan and had 1 or 2 buddies on voice chat working together with me to keep that Tank or APC alive and call out targets.

I can tell your right now, I'd be super pissed if my Origin or BattleLog account got suspended because someone was on the receiving end of a well coordinated Tank or APC attack.

I used to co-admin a Counter Strike server back in the early 2000's and we started having problems with cheaters. All the admins installed and used one of the common cheats at the time that punk buster didn't detect. After using the cheats while other admins spectated on us during clan practices, you could EASILY spot the blatant aim-bot or wall hack abusers where their screen would instantly snap from one enemy to the next even when the enemy was on the other side of a wall they couldn't see. Or when the would go full auto with a weapon and their aim point would instantly change directions as they killed a player. Or where there cross hair would ALWAYS track the movement of an enemy target that they couldn't even see.

What was HARD to detect is when we set the aim bot to only auto aim within a 15 degree area of where the cross hairs were pointed and to only shoot at the crouch thereby eliminating the tell tale infinite head shot kill streaks but also bypassing the Kevlar protected chest areas. Or even doing simple things like disabling recoil to get an edge when going up against multiple targets or using the enemy radar that would always show you where enemies were. Made it almost impossible for people to sneak up on you and made it much easier to sneak up on others. Fortunately for us most of the cheaters didn't fall into the "smart" category and used the blatant hacks that were easily detected.

What *I* would like to see is DICE enable spectator mode so when someone is completely tearing everyone a new one, you could spectate on them and record video proof for submission if they were obviously hacking. Yes I do realize this allows people to "cheat" by using a voice com system and reporting locations of an enemy to someone on your team but I can do the same thing anyway if I'm on the enemy's team because I can see all the friendlies on the mini-map.

Take care,
CptNut

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 4th 2012, 2:28pm

My fave cheat I spotted of all time was shortly after BF2142 was released.

I landed a gunship to capture a flag and jumped onto the gunner position. An enemy soldier comes running from about 100m away straight at me with C4 in hand.
I promptly open up the rotary cannon only to find it has no effect on him! It hits him but he takes no damage!

It was actually funny cus the guy kept coming, slowly struggling through the hailstorm of bullets smashing him like some kind of terminator! -8D- haha Most blatant cheat ever, I still remember it now.
I've personally flown over 194 missions... and I was shot down every one of them. Come to think of it, ...I've never landed a plane in my life!

On Battlelog I'm PhilTheForce-Z - Add me if you aren't a bushwookie.