Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, December 30th 2011, 4:23pm

Re: Cheaters in Battlefield 3, your thoughts

Quoted from ""Cera""

Quoted from ""Lennox 203""

He looks legit to me
M249:
P.S: SAW was a typical "hacker gun" in Bad Company 2 too he's keeping tradition. -:D-

funny, i played battlefield Play4Free for about 10 minutes and encountered an obvious hacker using the SAW. and i've only seen a couple hackers in BF3, at least 2 were using the SAW as well. i wonder why it's a hacker weapon?

just as often i see people in vehicles cheating: i saw a tank gunner that would instantly headshot everyone in visual range and a chopper gunner with consistent 90+% accuracy at max cannon range against a moving jet :p the pilot would just climb to max altitude so the gunner could hit almost the whole map (gulf), the only way i could survive in my flanker for more than 10 seconds was to afterburner to the border of the map D:

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, December 30th 2011, 4:30pm

Quoted from ""Novem""

And what do you think about stat boosting? Its kinda cheating also, cos not only you rank quickly and have very good stats (k/d, accuracy, points per minute etc.- so whats the point of these stats if you can get them in non-sportsmanship way), but you also unlock all weapons and attachmenets to them very fast and thats why you have advantage over players who havent unlock them yet.
Id really like to Dice wipe these accounts.

i don't really care about this because it's difficult/impossible to prove in many cases and it doesn't affect me directly. while there may be some slightly more powerful weapons, you can go toe to toe with 99.99% of players using an M16A3 once you get the basic attachments, so i don't really care about people having more unlocks than me. stats-wise, who cares, there are always going to be cheaters, boosters, and people generally gaming the system sitting at the top of the leaderboard. when i see some guy with 5.0 k/d then i check his top weapons and it's like 10k kills with the M320 and RPG, and the next highest weapon is USAS-12, obviously that's very sad but whatever XD

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, December 30th 2011, 4:45pm

Dice has wiped accounts, and banned, mammed quite a few. Reporting accounts on Battlelog does work. You have to be more informative with how that one player is cheating. Like the one above he has a few thousand too many headshots to be genuine player.

I've come across one or two cheaters on Xbox 360 myself, and several boosters. Most of them have had their stats wiped or been banned. Using the report, with a good summary of how he/she is cheating makes the process a lot faster.

I've talked to Dice devs who overwatch the report functions of Battlelog, so I have to say they are doing a fine job with a difficult agenda.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, December 30th 2011, 5:54pm

How do you report from BattleLog? I just encountered my second 100% sure cheater last night.

PCplayerttt (out of Germany on the PC) was instantly killing every enemy on the map didn't matter where he was standing or where the enemy player was. At point he was the Metro B spawn point killing enemies at their Deployment spawn with NO line of sight!

What was really strange was every time he killed someone, it did not show the weapon he was using but said [KILLED] instead.

The server had some type of mod, we were using where you could type @report PCplayerttt but it just said it would notify the admins and that was it.

Here's the other thing that was crazy, once our team realized he was cheating we started TK'ing him but then he would punish us and we ended up getting kicked. So I started standing in front of him so he would TK me when he fired but his bullets went right through me and did NO damage even though I saw the hit marker appear, my screen was flashing and my guy was screaming! I then started shooting him with my pistol until he had a sliver of health left so his screen would be all greyed out, but he had some self heal option where he would heal back up like he had a med pack near by but there weren't any visible on the mini map!

Take care,
CptNut

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, December 30th 2011, 6:07pm

Supposedly you go to the players profile, and up top right there is a tiny tiny little ! triangle, although it says that you're reporting the players profile... That's what I was told at least, though it feel a bit wrong :| Should be a lot easier to report cheaters.... -.-'

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, December 30th 2011, 6:32pm

"Fuck you, it's magic!"

Quoted

funny, i played battlefield Play4Free for about 10 minutes and encountered an obvious hacker using the SAW. and i've only seen a couple hackers in BF3, at least 2 were using the SAW as well. i wonder why it's a hacker weapon?
Probably because it always has a very large mag and some of the best ttk with headshots, these are the only things you care about when all your bullets hit.

Date of registration
: Dec 27th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 31st 2011, 9:50pm

This guys stats are legit but its not hard since he play metro 64 player conquest 24/7. Most kills hes had in a vehicle is 11 -:D- why don't these people just stick to cod.

Sunday, January 1st 2012, 7:57am

I encountered my first witnessed cheater today in a 32 player server. He was rank 24 with very poor stats, but in-game, we was using an M9 to easily take everyone down in a single shot. He racked up a 5+ KDR that was a big step from his average <1.0 KDR on his profile. It was surprising because I haven't seen a single hacker around, or at least a blatant one, since release.

I suspect he'll be wiped soon at the very least with the direction he's going. Hopefully BF3's anti-cheat services get more aggressive as the DICE finishes up most of their prioritized patching.

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 1st 2012, 5:23pm

I would assume the most common hack to be wallhacking, simply because it gives a huge advantage and is dam hard to detect.

Date of registration
: Jan 2nd 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, January 2nd 2012, 2:46am

Quoted from ""ZeroKelvin""

I would assume the most common hack to be wallhacking, simply because it gives a huge advantage and is dam hard to detect.

I've been in a few games where the cheaters can kill from across the map. Youtubing some videos, I can see some pretty nasty cheat programs out there. Auto-aim, no recoil, knife anyone on the map, etc.
There are also non-program cheats (does anyone consider MAV riding a cheat?). In metro, you can MAV ride to above the Ticket Hall, and attack without being hit. The youtube video shows a guy above the Ticket Hall dropping C4 into the hall and killing people. I was in a game yesterday when the side below pushed us out to Cafe, then 3 guys rode up and started to Mortar from behind B (inside ticket hall).